December 2022 Moms
Options

Repulsed by meat ( and eggs)! Help!

I really need to consume more protein but I am absolutely repulsed by meat right now and the smell of eggs , I just can’t get it down my throat. 

Even plain chicken disgusts me ……

Any suggestions?! 

Re: Repulsed by meat ( and eggs)! Help!

• Options
    msd15msd15 member
    I just read an article about this. I can’t remember all the suggestions, but beans like black or pinto and soy or edamame are good alternatives. Tofu too I think. 
  • Options
    msd15msd15 member
    Found it, yogurt, cottage cheese, beans, soy, tofu, and nutty grains like quinoas 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A protein shake would be a good alternative. My ob mentioned that food groups aren't a thing in the first tri- just eat what you can keep down and baby will take what it needs. 
  • Options
    Some workout protein powders aren’t advised during pregnancy due to some of their ingredients, but there are some plant based and collagen based protein powders out there that you can add to smoothies and coffee! I’ve found it’s good to sneak it in that way.
  • Options
    thanks ladies for the suggestions. I’ll be going to the grocery store today and stocking up on some of those items. 

I get nervous because protein is like one of the only things that a prenatal does not supplement!