December 2022 Moms
Options

Low HCG

My doctor just called and let me know my first HCG count is a tiny bit low. She said because I'm having pregnancy symptoms that I shouldn't be too worried, and I have to go again tomorrow and hope the count is WAY up. I'm 4w1d and should be well above 50 but I'm at 46ui.

Anybody else have this? I'm trying not to get freaked out but this is my first pregnancy.

Re: Low HCG

• Options
    I always seem to test positive at home super early... this time 3w2d. My first pregnancy I didn't know when my last period had started so they drew blood to check hcg and my levels were really low so they had me come back in two days. They were still low and they said I might be having a chemical pregnancy. I went back again two days after that and my numbers were way up and I went on to have a healthy pregnancy...I had just gotten blood checks super early. 

Every woman is different and at 4 weeks it ranges from 10-750. The important part is the rate that it grows. I wish you lots of luck on your next draw! 
  • Options
    Thank you. I go for my next draw today and I’m so nervous.
    My body has been a little slow with everything so far (we did IVF) and so I’m hoping this is just my body staying on that slow course.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just got my results and my level dropped a little. I’m freaking out but haven’t talked to my fertility clinic yet.

Has anyone had hcg levels slightly drop but NOT miscarry?
  • Options
    kboydbowmankboydbowman member
    edited April 2022
    Unfortunately, this early in that's really not a good sign.  Slow rise happens sometimes but dips don't bode well.  Sounds like it's probably a chemical.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I don't have experience with that mitchip. Google says it's possible, but really not common. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Sending you lots of hugs.