August 2022 Moms

COVID during pregnancy

Just tested positive after evading it for 2+ years. I have head cold symptoms and no fever. Wondering if anyone else has gone through it and how quickly you recovered. 

Re: COVID during pregnancy

• I found out I had covid 4 days after finding out I was pregnant 🙄 so at 4 weeks. I was VERY scared. Mostly I felt like I had strep throat and was always out of breath. The out of breath scared me so I was constantly monitoring my blood oxygen and it did get low sometimes. My OB told me to get a finger oximeter as an apple watch isn't as accurate, and to go in to the ER if I felt severely out if breath or my oxygen consistently dipped low, which thankfully I didn't get to that point. She also told me to grab OTC B12 and Zinc vitamins. It took about a little over a week for my symptoms to go away and my baby's been fine ever since! Hope you have a fast recovery and I would recommend watching your oxygen just to be safe!
  • Thank you! I haven’t felt out of breath and the doctor told me just to treat it like a cold, unless it escalates. I’m over the worst of it but I’ve read how when you’re pregnant, it could take like 10-14 days to recover from anything so was just curious