October 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 4/11

EmilyE13EmilyE13 member
edited April 2022 in October 2022 Moms
Put your random stuff here!

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/11

• Options
    Random - is anyone regularly getting manicures or pedicures?  Gel or regular?  Why or why not?  Thank you in advance :) 
  • Options
    @sandy5693 I got a gel manicure a couple weeks ago. I just made sure to choose a place that was nice and open and well ventilated 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get Mani pedis every other months or so. I should do the gel but I never do. The place I go to is well spaced and they have the most luxurious pedicures. 
  • Options
    @krthouse okay so that outfit is absolutely adorable!!!😍😍
     My girls came home in the same dress and my son had this cute dragon onesie that I was planning on reusing if we have another boy. Now I'm think something new if it's a boy. 
  • Options
    Thanks @krthouse & @krysnicole1022 :) I'm going to treat myself this weekend to a manicure.

And @krthouse I love love all of those items!  Where did you purchase them from?
  • Options
    @sandy5693 @krysnicole1022 Thank you both!

The lovey I got at a crafts show from a company called Papoum Papoum. The hat and leggings are from an Etsy seller, Jenny Coomber Designs.
  • Options
    I can't find the discussion that was started a while ago - can anyone recommend a great maternity bra brand? I think I need to invest :) Thank you!
  • Options
    I can’t remember when but hubbs and I were talking about something, maybe feeling chonky because you ate too much or feeling chonky because I’m pregnant. My response was “Eh, potato, po-preggo.”
  • Options
    I’ve done 3 loads of laundry today and still feel like I’ve barely made a dent in the mountain of clothes. I’m going to just give up when a 3rd kid’s messes get added to the mix. 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 yeah. My oldest is 8 and I have been teaching her to do her own laundry and she has to fold and put it away the day it comes out of the dryer. It's a great day when you get to that point. I'm currently trying to catch up on all the cleaning that fell by the wayside when I was too exhausted to do anything. 
  • Options
    This is going to be my announcement that everyone should keep children's Benadryl on hand at all times. I know a lot of people don't believe in giving meds and that's definitely a choice but it has saved my daughter's life TWICE. Like literally she couldn't breathe and was starting to suffocate when I dumped the Benadryl down her throat. That's how we discovered she had a cashew allergy even after having them other times. Last week she ate a couple of pistachios. She's had them before. This time she went into anaphylaxis and her throat started closing up. Benadryl to the rescue. I should have used the EpiPen immediately after but the Benadryl seemed to help. The ER doctor said giving Benadryl is always good in the situation. He says he always has it for the same reason. An ambulance can't get to you fast enough if you don't have an EpiPen. It's unbelievably scary when your child is clawing at her throat to breathe. You have absolutely no idea when a food allergy may present itself. My husband and I have zero food allergies. 
  • Options
    @krysnicole1022 I 100% agree. Thankfully neither of my kids had that bad of a reaction, but I’ve had to use Benadryl for both. My first has no allergies, but randomly broke out a few times after eating food she has eaten before (and ate after just fine). My second, we were prepared when giving her peanut butter for the first time and thankfully so because it turns out she has a peanut allergy and the Benadryl did help. We now have an EpiPen type of medication, but still always have Benadryl because I was told we could try Benadryl first if her reaction isn’t extreme.
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    edited April 2022
    @krthouse woohoo! That’s awesome! Has to be such a good feeling! Are you starting back up in the fall or will you take time off?
  • Options
    @bows22 Thank you! I'm taking three spring/summer term courses but then taking the Fall off for sure. I struggled with PPA with my first so I want to make sure the Fall is all about mine and baby's wellness as well as having family time.
  • Options
    @krthouse that's amazing!  I thought season 2 of Bridgerton was significantly better than season 1. Sure there is no Hot Duke but I think the acting and chemistry was significantly better. 
  • Options
    @krthouse congrats!! That's an amazing feeling!
  • Options