How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check In w/o 4/11

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 25th, 29w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Appt and glucose test on Thursday 

How are you feeling?: Just lots of exhaustion. Went for a walk in the nice weather yesterday and it’s definitely getting more difficult. Weighed myself and found I’ve lost weight again so time to start micromanaging my diet.

Rants/Raves: It was nice to have some sunshine yesterday. It’s going to rain the majority of this week but hopefully this means we’re out of false spring and solidly into real spring. The freezing weather a few weeks ago took out all the magnolia trees just as they were starting to bloom which has really put a damper on things.

Questions: For those who have gotten vax’d and boosted, are you thinking about another booster? I haven’t heard it get officially recommended yet but I have to imagine it’s coming.
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 17, 30w 3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: boring appt this week. 

How are you feeling?: Tired.  I get worn down so easily. Light headed.  

Rants/Raves: Rant: I was supposed to go for the massage I missed almost a month ago when I was sick and it got canceled cause the masseuse was sick. Rave: DH told me to go for a pedi instead and then I took a nap so still a win!  Another rave is DH and his dad are going to finally paint/redo our bedroom.  We’ve been in our house for 3.5 years and still haven’t gotten to it. It’s so gross.  Our house was being rented out when we bought it and our room is an ugly neutral and full of holes from the previous people hanging a billion things, there’s a big spot where they had one of those stick on wall sayings, the blinds are old and a disaster.  We’ve had everything we’ve needed to get it done for a couple of years and just haven’t had time or energy.  I owe DH and FIL so much. This was my one ask to get done before the baby came to not feel like we were bringing her home to a dump. 

Questions: nope

@pinkkillersheep I think it’s just for people over 50 right now, but I will get it as soon as I can.  It would be great to know that baby would be getting those extra antibodies while pregnant and then through breast milk.  Also, it was so cold here yesterday!  I tried to bring the kids to the play ground and it was too cold. I’m ready for dresses and to be outside!  My mental health needs it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 30+1

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: regular appointment this week

How are you feeling?: I’ve woken up dizzy every day for the past week and I’m pretty certain I need to eat more food. But then if I eat more food the reflux/choking comes back (I had to skip story time because I was choking one evening). Also my bones hurt. Also I’m tired. 

Rants/Raves: rant-I am just so tired and uncomfortable all the time. And I’m trying not to lash out, but that just means I isolate myself and that’s not good. Blah. Rave-baby clothes are cute and I will focus on the cuteness. 

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  31 wks today!

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I went to L&D this morning bc I hadn't felt the baby move in a while and she didn't respond much to a kick test.  I was so scared, but everything was fine.  She did move majorly from head down to head up so she's kicking and punching in different places (right into my anterior placenta now which is why she was feeling so much weaker to me).  Her heart rate was great and consistent.  I was really glad I went in and everyone was so nice about it.  I'm a little worried that I will be feeling her less now, but I just need to get used to the new normal.  Hopefully she flips back to head down in the next few weeks!

How are you feeling?:  Huge.  Tired.  Like my hips and bones are loose.  Unfocused.

Rants/Raves:  Rave - we had our baby shower on Saturday and it was amazing.  Great weather.  Friends and family in town.  It was beautiful and really special.

Questions: Anyone else whose baby is breech or has experience with that - are there tricks I should be trying over the next month to get her head down?  Thanks!

@pinkkillersheep I will definitely get another booster when it's available.   I had Covid in January so I'm not sure how soon I should get it but I will as soon as recommended.  @KFrob I hadn't thought about how great it would to get some extra antibodies into the baby before birth!  

@KFrob I'm so tired too.  But then I have trouble napping and sleeping lol.  Hope you get your massage soon!  And that's so exciting you'll have your bedroom all re-done before baby!

@fluteling I'm so sorry about the choking and being lightheaded - that sounds really tough!  I am comforted to hear you say you are uncomfortable all the time.  I mean of course I wish you weren't, but I'm glad it's not just me.  I feel so big and sore and unstable - can't believe we still have over 2 months!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 19. 30 w 1 d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: regular ob checkup on 4/18

How are you feeling?: round per usual. 

Rants/Raves:  baby daddy is finally putting the drywall up in baby girls room so I was super pumped because I get to grab some paint samples. Well the drywall lift slipped and he broke the brand new window in her room 🥴😭

Questions: Has anyone started to consider if we want to have a birth month group still once our babies are born and we are no longer using this app? 

@kfrob I feel you on the tired front. I walked around shopping yesterday and was a winded mess then. today I feel like I haven’t rested in 8 years. 

@fluteling I have to stop myself from buying baby clothes every single day. 

• Options
    @pinkkillersheep I have not received the booster yet, but plan to get it. I like knowing that the antibodies are in the breast milk.

@KFrob I was going to ask if you ever scheduled a massage since you couldn't go last time.

@shoarmie99 When my first one was, my OB said some of her patients got their babies to flip after going to the chiropractor. 

@fluteling Acid reflux is horrible to deal with. It makes me nauseous a lot. Cold Sprite sometimes help me when the acid gets to be too much.

@marionberry19 I would like a birth month group when we no longer use the app.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  June 9th/ 31 weeks 4 days

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Next week ultrasound and 3 hour glucose test.

How are you feeling?: nosebleeds, acid reflux and low energy. Also, get full fast.

Rants/Raves: Got my Balayage done and hair cut yesterday.

Questions:
  • Options
    binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited April 2022
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 29+1; June 26th
    Upcoming Appointments or Results: Just had my 1 hr glucose test today. I went with fruit punch. Not too bad. Baby is measuring two weeks behind, which isn't surprising since I feel he's going to be smaller than his big brother, but it's still early. Otherwise nice and healthy. 
    How are you feeling?: Round. Kind of ridiculous. Some heartburn. Like a baby butt is protruding from my belly button, which it is.
    Rants/Raves: Four days until baby moon!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    June 9th / 31 + Days: 4

FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results:
    Appointment on Wednesday for another ultrasound I believe. 

How are you feeling?:
    I've been needing a nap a day it seems and never seem to be at full energy. I think I feel Braxton Hicks sometimes but it just makes it feel uncomfortable in my pelvic bones and my uterus feel all firm...no pain. I feel like if I bend over or down within 2 hours of eating that I could throw up. Every morning I wake up with a sore throat. I wish I had a workout partner to do my prenatal workouts with! I don't want to do anything anymore! 

Rants/Raves: 
    I started taking Rolaids before bed and I don't wake up with a sore throat from acid reflux nearly as much! 
    My HypnoActive Birth class starts tomorrow! I'm so excited! 

Questions: anyone else try hypnobirth strategies? 
    Eating dates? 
    Drinking red raspberry leaf tea? 
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @fluteling sorry you're feeling so icky.  Have you tried increasing your iron and protein? I hope you can find the right balance between eating enough and not having awful acid reflux.  

@shoarmie99 I don't have real experience but for some reason was worried about making sure DD3 was head down and I found some yoga poses that are supposed to help.  There's also Spinning Babies.   

@marionberry19 picking out paint is so much fun!  And feeling like you haven't rested in 8 years describes how doing anything makes me feel currently.  Doesn't my body know I have too much to get done to feel like this.  I'm down for something after this but I don't have FB so that would stink for me if that's the way everyone wants to go, but I get it.  I lost two BMB to FB but I do have some of the ladies on my Instagram.  

@romeoandjuliet146 I can't wait to get my hair done!  Holding out closer to delivery and I've got some serious roots.  

@binxybaby I also feel like there is baby butt protruding.  It feels like all elbows, knees, and butt at this point.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 29w5d, EDD 6/23 and got scheduled for a c-section on 6/16. It's getting real! 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: MFM checkup tomorrow. 

How are you feeling?: Physically over being pregnant. I feel huge and immobile, things randomly hurt. I don't want to complain but I can't help it either. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave - We had a really nice week in Florida with our friends. Kids had a great time, we were able to recharge (although traveling with 2 kids is tiring) and overall disconnect from work was amazing. And weirdly I had no heartburn while down there. Of course now it's back that I'm back home. 
    Rant - My knee randomly started hurting on Sunday night and yesterday I could barely bend it or walk. Couldn't go to sleep laying down on the side because the pain was so bad so I had to sleep half sitting. I was ready to cry it was so bad. It feels a little better today, so no clue what it is. I guess just another random pregnancy thing. 

Questions: 

@pinkkillersheep I am vaxed and boosted and would probably get another booster if it's recommended. If it is recommended, I'd wait until fall though when we're in a flu season so it would hold me over during winter as well. 

@KFrob I feel you on being tired and I also get lightheaded out of nowhere, it's not fun. So nice your bedroom is getting redone and you were able to get a pedi and a massage in! 

@fluteling focusing on cute baby clothes sounds like a good idea. I hope you feel better soon! 

@shoarmie99 I'm sorry you had that scare and glad everything is ok! I've had a few scares myself and almost went in. My doc suggested drinking really cold water or juice or having a sugary snack to get the baby moving. I also have anterior placenta, so it adds to my worries when I don't feel the baby move much. I don't have any tricks to getting baby to flip and never know what position he's in. It's also been random at ultrasounds and they just tell me they flip on their own. 

@marionberry19 I agree on a birth month group. Sometimes I just forget to check on here and feel it would just be easier elsewhere. 

@romeoandjuliet146 good luck at your glucose test! I am dying to get my hair done before delivery. I have one very superstitious friend who believes it's a big no no to cut/color hair while pregnant because it takes nutrients away from the baby. I don't believe in it and there's no medical proof either so I told her as much and feel very judged for even considering it. 

@binxybaby babymoon sounds lovely! Where are you going? 

@boboprego I'm not familiar with hypnobirth, what is it? 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    edited April 2022
    @boboprego I tried dates but didn't like them. I got the raspberry leaf tea, but haven't tried it yet. 
  • Options
    @shoarmie99 my doctor had me use this website:
    https://www.spinningbabies.com/pregnancy-birth/baby-position/breech/
    Basically look up yoga videos of positions that help with babies position. I did this for two days and he flipped. I was 31 weeks at the time. I've been a little MIA but I saw where you asked how i could tell he flipped and basically when doing the exercises i felt lot of movement by him. Then that night i had a lot of discomfort like he was squishing some of my organs not painful just uncomfortable. The next morning he felt lower. I wasn't 100% until we had the ultrasound but I would have known soon by his feet in my ribs. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 10, 31w4d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Normal MFM scan on Thursday

How are you feeling?: Tired. I worked until 11 last night and saw every hour on the clock afterward between peeing (3x) and 3 year old waking up coughing (3x).

Rants/Raves: I've started having carpal tunnel in my right hand which is my dominant hand. It's exacerbated by typing and cooking, things I do all day every day it feels like. Otherwise, grateful for a relatively normal, healthy pregnancy, albeit while taking 2 shots in my stomach every day!

@pinkkillersheep would definitely get boosted as well if it was recommended even though I just had covid at the end of February. I'd rather have more antibodies than not. I plan to ask my OBGYN about it at my next appt.

@shoarmie99 I have an anterior placenta too and have been feeling less movement the last day or two. Trying not to freak myself out and hoping to see that she's flipped when I have my scan on Thursday. She was breech at my last appt and although I don't necessarily care because I'm having a scheduled c section, it could help to feel more comfortable during those times I feel less movement.

@tulips29 that's ridiculous about your friend's theory that cutting your hair takes nutrients away from the baby! How bizarre. You go get your haircut, friend! 
  • Options
    I love the idea of having a group after we have our babies!  You guys have been so important to me on this journey!  I am also not on Facebook so I'm not sure the best way to do it but would love to be involved. @marionberry19 @KFrob @Tulips29
  • Options
    I have no idea what platform to use if not Facebook. I have a Facebook that I only use for groups aka not my legal name and not my normal profile pic. Is that something non-Facebook users would be willing to do? 
  • Options
    @KFrob Painting is fun! We’ve recently been painting (and repainting…) various rooms. What color are you going with?

@fluteling I feel you on pretty much your entire post. I don’t have any words of wisdom, I can just fully empathize. I hope you have some good days coming your way soon.

@shoarmie99 I’m sorry you had that stressful experience. I’ve been feeling similarly concerned because this kid moves a lot but it’s mostly just pushing it’s butt into my abdominal wall, so there really isn’t that kicking and punching that people talk about and it freaks me out a little. I’m hoping it just means I’ll have a calm baby. Glad you had a lovely shower! I’ve also heard spinning babies recommended.

@marionberry19 I’m very much open to staying in touch however works for everyone.

@romeoandjuliet146 Happy haircut day! Someone said that to me yesterday and I thought it was a little weird but I think it’s a compliment? Sure lol

@binxybaby Enjoy your babymoon!

@boboprego I’m not familiar with hypnobirth. Definitely interested in hearing about it after your class!

@Tulips29 Glad you had a good time on vacation! Your HDBD picture looked amazing! I am equally over being pregnant.

@idreamofginny Sorry you had such a terrible night of sleep. Definitely makes getting through the day hard. Throwing carpal tunnel syndrome on top of everything sounds awful. I’m impressed you’re keeping it together!
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @pinkkillersheep it’s called Sparrow from Behr.  I also love painting! I find it therapeutic. My husband hates it. So I’m jealous he’ll be painting and he’s dreading it. Here’s a Pinterest picture of it. 

• Options
    +1 to the would love to stay in touch after June camp! I have a Facebook and use it to touch base with my Nov'18 moms that way. Way more convenient, especially when you're sleep deprived in the early newborn days :)