September 2022 Moms
Options

Crazy Preggo Dreams (April Edition)

What wacky stuff is your brain inventing now?

Pregnancy Dreams The Most Common Dreams  What They Mean  SheKnows
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Crazy Preggo Dreams (April Edition)

• Options
    My husband said he’s concerned about my brain 🤣 two fun dreams last night. 

1. My mom and I picked up a hitchhiker who was dressed in a Scream costume. When he tried to stab me with a box cutter, I opened the van door, and pushed him out of the moving vehicle. I called the cops, who informed he that he died. Then I was crying bc I was worried I’d be going to jail for murder. 

2. 24 hrs after giving birth, someone was throwing a party in my house. I had my baby (boy!) in my bedroom, trying to breastfeed but he would not latch. I was so worried about him not latching properly and I couldn’t find my phone to call my sister in law, who is a lactation consultant. Meanwhile, an orthodox Jewish woman and her six small kids were in my bedroom playing with all these toys and making a huge mess. I was so mad at her for being there after I had just given birth and was struggling to nurse the baby. 

wtf?
  • Options
    Not going into the details, but is anyone else's hormones causing sexy dreams and... well... physical reactions to said dreams? hahaha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @melyrae Sometimes yes :)
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    @melyrae yup. I had one of those last night. 
  • Options
    My father in law passed away in Oct. I had a dream last night DH and I went to his house to take care of something and he was there. He was happy and joyous. Just as I started to wonder if he was really alive and we made a mistake and just stole all his sh*t or I was seeing a ghost because he wasn't upset his house was cleaned out or wondering where his car was, I woke up to my two year old screaming NO, NO, NO! She was inconsolable for about 10 min straight. 
  • Options
    @rebornlotus after my FIL passed I had really strange dreams about being in his house and cleaning it out and him showing up and getting pissed we threw out his stuff (he was a clean hoarder). 
  • Options
    pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited April 2022
    I had a very collected conversation with a very understanding female human about my pregnancy, so it wasn’t a crazy dream. She was very respectful but also curious, like she asked how far along I was and she noted that at almost 15 weeks, I am not showing yet. I told her that hubbs and I think we can discern the very beginning of a bump, but it’s my first so I might not show for a bit. Then she asked if I felt anything yet and I told her that because of where my placenta is, it is probably going to be another month before I feel anything, possibly (probably?) more. 

That was my entire dream. She had a really nice energy too, just very… caring. I just started wondering if she could be a passed-away relative come to say hello, but she didn’t resemble my paternal grandma and my maternal grandma is still alive. I think my maternal bio-grandpa’s wife is still alive, so it wouldn’t be her.

I’ll chalk it up as a nice dream.
  • Options
    I'm alternating between dreams where I already have a baby, and dreams where I'm not even pregnant, much less a parent. Last night's dream felt super stressful and like I was running out of time...but when I woke up and remembered it, all I was trying to do was get dressed in warm clothes in order to go snowboarding. I couldn't find matching socks or matching gloves, stuff kept going missing or I kept realizing I had missed a layer and having to undo things in order to do them right. I'm not sure why "going out to have fun" felt so urgent and high stakes in my dream, but it did.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• Options
    Dreamt I had the baby but it was only a head. No body at all. I cried all the time and people just kept telling me to be thankful I have a baby. She was a miracle. I couldn't even hold her I was so distraught. 

I dreamt I moved into a house and the pain who lived there before is had giant murals in the Livingroom that were their children as babies. There were 3 different ones and I'm guessing we hired someone to come in and paint the house for us because a woman came in and started painting over the murals, I was still very pregnant in this dream and just kept thinking about how much those parents loved their children and we're just painting over them like they never existed and I cried so much. 

Another dream I had I was on a bus and we were escaping something and we all had to get off the bus and my 3 year old ran into some camper with a weird old man who was giving puppies to kids and I was trying to get her back on the bus because it was leaving and then there were no seats left on the bus and my husband was at the back and I didn't know what to do. 

Very stressful dreams last night when I could finally sleep. The insomnia is really getting to me in the middle of the night.