June 2017 Moms
Options

Large Yolk Sac

I'm 7wks 1 day, and had my first ultrasound today. My joy quickly turned to stress when the doctor said the yolk sac was bigger than it should be, and that we will have to do another ultrasound in 2 weeks to make sure the baby is still growing. Heart rate was 138, baby measured 6wks 6 days, so those are positive things. Trying to stay positive, will be a long 2 weeks. 

Anyone else faced this before?

Re: Large Yolk Sac

• Options
    I've never heard heard of that, but I hope it ends up being nothing and you get to see a perfectly healthy bean in 2 weeks!
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you!! So do I. Apparently if it's too large it takes nutrition from the baby, and can cause failure to thrive. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any advice, just wanted to say I'm wishing the very best for you. I would definitely focus on the strong heartbeat and measurements, those are great! Please keep us updated.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That would make me nervous too! My friends baby had something similar and had iugr. She was born a couple weeks early but is a super healthy toddler now

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this. It's never easy to hear that something "could" be wrong but you have to wait forever to find out for sure. I hope the wait isn't too excruciating and that your little bean fights through this!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    Good to hear everything else looks good! Hoping this all works out and you get some positive news :)
  • Options
    @alylyn818 - how did your pregnancy work out? I have a large yolk sac at my 7 week appointment