November 2022 Moms
Options

Bleeding in 1st Trimester

Hey all! I am not sure if i need to be concerned, so I would love to hear other experiences.

I had a miscarriage a few months ago and immediately got pregnant after. I feel very pregnant this time - nausea, fatigue etc. I am also having some bleeding. Not spotting, like pretty consistent brown bleeding over the past several days. I went to the OB ER this past weekend and all the really told me was that my cervix was closed and there was no active bleeding, and to follow up with my OB. I went in for my first ultrasound on Tuesday and it went great. We saw and heard a strong heart beat and baby looked great. My OB didn't seem to be concerned with the bleeding and kind of brushed it off when I mentioned it. Since then, the bleeding has been just as consistent with no ease. I'm not in any pain and my symptoms are not decreasing. Anyone had bleeding during pregnancy and everything turn out okay?

Re: Bleeding in 1st Trimester

• Options
    @morganshawhit, yes, so far (knocks on all the wood)! On Sunday, I started having some bright red spotting, and I freaked the F out. My OB squeezed me in on Monday, by which point the spotting had stopped. Everything looked great on US and labwork, and I was told not to worry. It was super reassuring to see the little heartbeat!
  • Options
    Hi @morganshwawhit!

I think you have an important question and we look forward to getting to know you.

If you would like to join our group would you be able to introduce yourself first so that we can know a little more about your experience and situation (Introduction thread)?  After you introduce yourself please read the "Read First - Board Organization" thread.  This will help you identify the best place to put your question.  The purpose of the bump month boards is to build relationships with each other and it really helps if we keep everything organized. Thank you so much for helping us build a community. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I woke up bleeding a few weeks ago and rushed to the ER, it was super traumatic. The ER docs told me I had a subchorionic hemorrhage and scared me to death about it, but when I got in to see my ob the next week he could see it was healing and nothing to worry about and the baby had a strong heartbeat and was fine. Since then I get red blood once a week and brown stuff in between, but it's getting better. I'm not on bedrest or anything, I just have to avoid activities that cause pressure down there. 
    I hope you can get your doc to tell you more about what they think is going on, it's hard to feel reassured if they don't.