October 2022 Moms

Dinner Recipe

What is everyone making for dinner? I know as i get more sick dinner ideas will become taxing, thought it might be nice to see what everyone is doing. Tonight we had meatloaf with cauliflower mashed potatoes. Tomorrow planning on eggplant lasagna with meatballs. 

Re: Dinner Recipe

• My food wants seem to be shifting on a dime, but tonight we're doing sautéed garlic shrimp, rice and broccoli. I'm not feeling too icky tonight so I'm trying to cram some nutritious options in before I feel bad again 😅

Later this week we're doing pierogis, sausages and sautéed beans and I'm already looking forward to it.
  • @krthouse i love pierogis - especially sautéed with onion and bacon. My husband is doing a no carb diet so that’s been rough because I only want carbs . Today i did zuppa toscana - i put some
    potatoes in it and told him he can pick them out! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @relizabethp No carb is dangerous when preggy so good for you for adding your taters!
  • I made this dish with no name lol it has chicken breast or chicken sausage, rice, poblano peppers, tomato, and cheese. My husband and I like it a lot.
  • @jcw2018 that sounds great- do you use fresh poblanos? 
  • I’ve been I’ve been craving cold foods and we made my mother-in-law’s midwestern “Asian” chicken salad which is like a cabbage slaw with scallions peanuts, and pulled chicken breast and a dressing made of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and sesame oil.  Really hit the spot!  The original recipe included ramen seasoning and topped with ramen noodles for crunch but when she has made it for me she just left those out and adjusted the salt a bit and it’s so craveable!  If you use a bag of slaw mix there is very little prep work, inexpensive, and it keeps in the fridge for a few days.  Great for lunches too.
  • That sounds amazing!!
  • @relizabethp yes I do and a Roma tomato not a slicer 
  • Also cook the rice with chicken broth or bouillon cubes
  • Made some quiche with ham, spinach and cheese- for the crust i used puff pastry - turned out really good 
  • Vegetarian here: I've been making a lot of fajitas or sandwiches loaded with cooked bell peppers, onion, spinach, avocado, and an egg on top. They are two of the only dinners I can eat.