October 2022 Moms
Options

What time are you all ACTUALLY falling asleep? 🤣

missingwinemissingwine member
edited March 2022 in October 2022 Moms
I get up for work around 6:15 am and usually get home around 6:00 pm. By the time I get home, 99% of the time I need a nap. If I don't, I am knocked out by about 8/9 pm. I feel like I don't have time for anything!!! Chores? Nah. Cooking dinner? No thanks. Even reading/spending quality time with my husband? Makes me fall asleep 🤣

Any energy boosting tips? I think it's also important to note that I was a MAJOR caffeine addict prior to pregnancy- like the equivalent of 3 cups in the morning, 3 cups at work, and at least 1-2 at night. I am now having one very small cup in the morning, 6-8 oz.

🆘 How are you all coping? 

Re: What time are you all ACTUALLY falling asleep? 🤣

• Options
    pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited March 2022
    Someone might say this could be a good question for the Great Big Question Thread, but I think it’s a good one so I’ll respond here.

Sleep when your body tells you to. Give up on everything else. You’re growing a human, it is hard work. If you push too hard, you can potentially harm the both of you. This is your life for now, work with it instead of against it.

I get up around 5:30 on workdays and I squeeze in a nap midday, then I usually conk out on the couch around 8-9pm and migrate to bed when I inevitably wake up from having to pee around 10:30-11:30.
  • Options
    Usually in bed by 9 most days, asleep by 9:30/10, but I wake up several times a night and it’s a crapshoot whether I get back to sleep right away or not lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wake up between 7-8am and am in bed most days before 10 asleep by 10:30pm. I usually pee once or twice but have no issues falling back asleep and sleeping through the night (with the help of my trusty friend Unisom). Enjoying it while it lasts!
  • Options
    I'm up by 7 for absolutely no reason but my bladder. I usually fall asleep between 11pm-12am. I have trouble sleeping and I really don't like taking anything. So I'll just toss and turn until I eventually fall asleep.