November 2022 Moms
Options

Early Fetal Heart Rate

Hi!

This is my second pregnancy. The first pregnancy sadly experienced an early pregnancy loss. Due to this, they have requested that I have an ultrasound at 6 weeks. We went in for that at 6 weeks and 2 days and while things are measuring well we were informed that the heart rate is low at 80. We have been told to come back in next week rather than waiting until the 8 weeks appointment.

Does anyone have experience with this? Can I still be hopeful that all could still be progressing and next week the growth and heart rate will be at normal levels?

Thanks in advance!
Lisa

Re: Early Fetal Heart Rate

• Options
    It could just be getting started and slow because of that, but I will say that my experience with this unfortunately didn't end well
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Thank you, were you at 80bpm at 6 weeks and 2 days as well?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TW

Hi there. My first pregnancy started as twins. My now son had a heart rate in the 90’s at 6ish weeks, we went back for a reevaluation at 8 weeks, my sons heart rate was in the 140’s and strong and his twin with the better heart rate at 6 weeks had miscarried. 

Is it possible you are earlier than you think you are? Typically, unfortunately, a low heart rate that early is not a good sign. But there is always a chance. Fingers crossed for your baby to be sticky ❤️ 
  • Options
    I don't honestly recall what the exact number was (this was about 3 years back and my memory isn't great) but I do recall hearing what it was and thinking that it was quite a bit slower than it should be. I was about 6.5 weeks, and when I went back at 8.5 weeks there had been growth but the heart had stopped.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Thank you both! I am hopeful that things continue to progress and get stronger. Sending well wishes your way as well :)
  • Options
    Hello!
    I’m in a similar situation. How did your check up go?