Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits & Goals w/o 3.21

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week/year? 

How's everything going? Any recent wins?

What has you motivated or struggling?

Re: Healthy Habits & Goals w/o 3.21

• Options
    @ReadyForaB Great job on cutting back! I definitely have been a little more loose with my alcohol consumption lately. I like your plan for special occasions only. 

I'm here to try to motivate myself and keep me more accountable as I have not been doing so well on the healthy front. Goal this week is to eat better and exercise at least three times. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I haven't been good, but we'll call it a minor win that I am focused today on getting back on track. 

What has you motivated or struggling? I'm walking at lunch with a friend today! Always nice to have a buddy for these things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @abjm0325 Thanks!  It is working so far.   I walk on my lunch break every day.  I aim for at least 1 mile but sometimes do 2.5!  I wish I had a buddy to walk with. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options
    @ReadyForaB that's amazing you can get a good walk in on lunch! jealous of that! i am about to go to 2 days WFH which will make midday peloton rides sooooo much easier
    @abjm0325 i hope you enjoy your lunch walk, and a buddy def helps!!

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week/year? just consistently working out 3-4x a week, would like to start the peloton power restorative yoga series

How's everything going? Any recent wins? struggle bus, i have not been sleeping well which is affecting my desire to exercise.

What has you motivated or struggling? being tired is an immense struggle even though working out can give an energy boost, i just am dragging the last 10 or so days due to really crappy sleep.
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB That's amazing!! I drink only F-Sun...mostly. 
    @abjm0325 I have a lunch walking buddy too. It's great, we used to do a full workout but now we just run or walk and bitch. 
    @anniemarie887 I am a crap sleeper. I started listening to some youtube videos when I goto bed, mostly singing bowls but they help calm my mind. 

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week/year? Still focusing on eating well and not drinking during the week, have had some hiccups lately. But working out for at least 30 min a day. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I started back up with Les Mils grit last week and it felt great. I could get through all of it without major issues but it felt really good. 

What has you motivated or struggling? My SO is really pushing himself for his "summer body" he's fine IMO but getting older is starting to sink in. Anyway I do P90X with him now three days a week and just good to change it up but keep it intense.  Still struggling on getting back in to lifting. It's meh to me. I know I need it but I really don't care right now. 
    Me: 38 BF: 35
    TTC Journey
    TTC since 1/2020
    AMA and poor sperm motility/count/morp
    5% chance of IUI success
    10/26/2021 - MC#1

Zoey Catherine
    10/17/2012 - 7/4/2018
    She fought DIPG (brain cancer) for 2 years
    #LETTHELIGHTSHINE
    http://zoeyslight.org/
    https://www.instagram.com/casey_steinv2.0/

• Options
    @ReadyForaB i really love my Garmin data! I totally get how that motivates you! Great job on doing stuff that makes you feel better. 

I am currently trying to earn a free Starbucks drink on my Garmin app by hitting 400k steps this month. Im not sure it'll happen.

Hit the gym after taking 4 days off. 2 of those were the weekend (**TW I don't have childcare for DS on the weekends) and the other 2 days involved feeling exhausted or surgery for my DS so it was not a day of activity /TW**

Motivation: feeling better and hopefully getting those 400k steps for a measly free Starbucks drink haha

Struggling: really hungry lately and grabbing something in a drive thru on the way home from work
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB good for you on the limited drinking. I have been…well not excessively drinking by any means but I am definitely leaning into my vices while I have the chance 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

I go through phases where I am sooo good about exercise and eating better. Then there are the *other times* - I’m still generally active as my dogs won’t allow me to be too sedentary for long but I’ve been eating like shit lately. So the goal this week is close all my Apple Watch rings every day and make 80% good food choices. I have to be careful not to be too limiting or rigid with my eating habits as I have a history of disordered eating and will start obsessing and then get carried away. 

I’ve been doing a lot of activity in my daily life lately, working in the yard, moving furniture, walking the dogs, etc. and I bought mostly healthy food for the week (now the key is to cook it rather than get take out half the nights)

Since we made the decision to TTGP it’s shifted my motivation - see spoiler TW mentions LC

When I got pregnant with my son I was at my heaviest. I was extremely lucky that I had no problems throughout pregnancy but it gets really old having people assume you will and it caused me a lot of stress. I’ve never had any weight related health problems in life but as someone who has always been considered overweight I can wholeheartedly attest to the prejudicial treatment overweight people get from medical professionals. ANYHOW I was also lucky during that pregnancy that I didn’t gain ANY weight (I was actually like 4 pounds lighter when I went into labor than I was pre pregnancy) so going into HOPEFULLY getting pregnant again I just want to be as healthy as possible. While everything turned out well last time I am older than I was and I can’t just assume that I will have the same outcome. 
    TLDR or skipped the spoiler basically just want to go into pregnancy as healthy as I can.

what has me struggling is I am a stress eater, a boredom eater, and a social eater so that’s…fun. Grr. 

What I need is a support system of some kind, at least for exercise. I’ve done WW and Noom for food but honestly both have led me to over restrict my food in an unhealthy way. I used to do Apple Watch challenges with friends but no one I know is really into them now. I just work a lot harder with a partner or when it’s a challenge of some kind, you know?