June 2022 Moms

FFFC 3/25

Per the usual, late to post this

Re: FFFC 3/25

• I’m over this pregnancy thing. I don’t enjoy having a child inside me. It’s not even about the awful symptoms (not today, anyway). I purely just do not like feeling a small body pressing against my jeans waistband. It is awkward and uncomfortable for all involved I am sure. I realize things will only get worse from here as I still have three full months to go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well after six hours of interviews I didn’t get the new job. I’m kind of ok with it though. Finding a new job is like another job and I just don’t have the energy for it right now. 
  • @pinkkillersheep I totally get how you're feeling. I didn't expect to feel the same, but I do. I just remind myself this is the last one so trying to make the best of it as much as I can. 

@fluteling I'm sorry you didn't get the job, especially after putting so much time into it. The search alone is SO time consuming. Hopefully something better comes along! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @pinkkillersheep DITTO. I despise being pregnant. 

@Tulips29 uh, amazing. I love that policy. What a great way to end your week
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Sometimes I miss the early pandemic days where everyone was home. I could work from home, work was flexible and understanding, video chats/games with friends, businesses creating fun take home activities, doing housework during the day, etc. There was something a little magical about those months and I miss how “simple” life seemed. No pressure to travel and see family or friends. No rush in or out of the house from daycare. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Tulips29 Love that you have such a reasonable manager. The “40 hour work week” is so arbitrary anyway. Let people have Friday afternoons for sunshine and relaxation.

@fluteling Sorry for the job news. I don’t think I was successful in mine either, but like you I’m ok with it. Hope the right opportunity comes for you soon.

@bww_0331 I’m sad I missed out on that time. Working in manufacturing meant work life was crazy and scary and confusing. I hope at least there are enough people like you who got that taste of flexibility and simplicity and can push for that to become a permanent fixture of everyone’s work life. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @fluteling sorry about the job. Six hours of interviews sounds awful! 

@Tulips29 can your manager talk to my manager? I hate my job so much DH actually voluntarily did the math to see if I can quit. I can’t.  

@pinkkillersheep I can totally see feeling that way. Everything about pregnancy is weird and it’s okay to hate it. 

@bww_0331 I feel the same way.  It had its really hard moments, especially the sudden lack of social interaction and routine but there were a lot of positives too. I selfishly miss being 8 months pregnant at that time and getting to take advantage of the high risk shopping hours where it was me and three old folks at Target.