November 2022 Moms

Fit Friday 3/25

Happy Friday, everyone!

This is a check in for any mamas trying to be active during pregnancy. If you're new, dive on in!

How did the week go for you? Fit in some fitness this week?

Questions?

GTKY: Would you rather go swimming or for a run?

Re: Fit Friday 3/25

• How did the week go for you? Fit in some fitness this week?
    I have been able to stick to my regular routine outside of the day I had my scan.  I took it really easy that day because I was so nervous, but I logically know that movement is good for pregnancy.  We went on an awesome hike yesterday and I am so thankful to my kids and dh for staying positive.  I could hike for miles and I have to take it easy with them or there is a revolt.

Questions?
    Anyone have any youtube fitness recs?

Swimming all the way.  I love running, but I don't live in a place that is easy to run in. 

• How did the week go for you? Fit in some fitness this week?
    Not as much as I would have liked. I generally like to get in 3-4 classes per week and have only made it to one so far. I cancelled 2 of my normal classes because of morning sickness. My OB prescribed zofran for me this week though, so hopefully I can get back on track. Still trying to get in a daily walk at minimum though.

Questions?
    Anyone have any other tips for combating nausea while working out? 

Swimming for sure. I do like running, but swimming is just so much easier on my body.
  • Loading the player...
  • How did the week go for you? Fit in some fitness this week? Awful. I walked SO much second and half of third trimester last time, so that's keeping me going. Right now I can barely walk the half mile to the train station.

Questions? Can I still post here if I'm useless? lol

GTKY: Would you rather go swimming or for a run? RUN. I really got into running after my first pregnancy. I did the couch to 10K program to get my stamina back, and it was the first time I'd really dedicated to building endurance that way. I ran my first true half marathon in December (and did one just on my own last spring), and I really can't wait to get back. Like, last night I dreamed I was running.
  • @PurplePumpernickel of course :smile: 

@ashnicell it sounds like you are doing the best you can despite the nausea.