Weekly Check-in, w/o 3/21

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n)/interesting fact:

Team (Pink/Blue/Green/finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying?

Re: Weekly Check-in, w/o 3/21

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

October 13th / 10w4d

Baby is the size of a(n)/interesting fact: 

Strawberry

Team (Pink/Blue/Green/finding out): 

Green

Upcoming Appointments: 

NT Scan 03/28 OB appt 03/31

How are you feeling? 

So many ups and downs with physical symptoms...trying to ride the wave when I'm feeling okay! Emotionally, this is the longest I've waited between ultrasounds so far so I'm anxious to get to my appointments next week.  

Rants/Raves: 

I was able to get some moderate exercise in this past week (finally) because it was so nice and I had some time off of work.  It felt good!

Questions: 

For STM+ how long did it take to get NT scan results back? I've heard a day or two, but my guide sheet from my doctor says 10-14 (!!).  Just curious.

GTKY: Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying?  

I will be honest I have so much anxiety about the baby products as I live in a relatively small city apartment.  We hate clutter and want to be sure that anything we're bringing in to the house is necessary and will be used.  Do babies really need the millions of things on people's registries?? I was really involved with my nephews, but that was over 15 years ago and so much has changed...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sandy5693 I just looked in my portal and my test was on a Friday and I had the results from the scan the next morning. It didn’t have any comments but it had the NT measurement so I could Google and see if it was in range. It looks like I got the full results with the risk score the following Thursday. Do you have a portal where things get automatically posted? I’m sure that makes a big difference. 

Also I don’t think babies need anything really. It’s more about what might make your life easier, which is different for everyone.  If it’s less stressful I definitely think it’s worth just waiting to see what you might want or need once the baby is here. 
  • Options
    @bows22 Yes, I have a portal where results get uploaded and I have an OB appointment just a few days later.  I'm hoping that by then I will have some basic info to review with my doctor.  Thank you!

I totally agree I will need to maybe wait on some things to see what works for us.  I am so excited and it's been so fun to read about all the awesome products out there, but at the same time I've been wondering where I'm going to put all this stuff LOL I remind myself I am in no way for the first parent to have a baby/child in a small space and I'll figure it out.  
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 11w 5d

Baby is the size of a(n)/interesting fact: Macaron

Team (Pink/Blue/Green/finding out): Finding out

Upcoming Appointments: NT scan and bloodwork on Friday

How are you feeling? Better than last week! Still nauseous but not sick sick. Also, we made our social media announcement today and I'm so glad we did. I'm all for people waiting announce until they're ready, and I was ready. It was making me sad not sharing, and now I feel like a weight has been lifted!

Rants/Raves: Rant: Meal planning is exhausting and makes me so anxious! Food aversions make it so hard to know in advance what I'll want and I can tell DH is frustrated by it (he does all the groceries and cooking). 

Questions: @sandy5693 We were in a one-bedroom when DS was born and definitely had to limit clutter. We didn't get a lot of extra stuff, we used a change mat on our own dresser instead of a whole change table, and we got a stroller that could get small quick. Babies really don't need a lot other than to be clean, fed, warm enough and loved. Everything else depends on what helps you do that while keeping your sanity. As for NT scan results, mine definitely came back faster than 10-14 days. Some of the results were loaded to MyChart right away and the report took maybe a couple days?

GTKY: Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying? A couple things that were game changers for us were: 

- a fabric wrap carrier, which was sometimes the only way to get DS to sleep and allowed for skin to skin while getting stuff done. It was nice and lightweight for less-sweaty babywearing in the summer too.

- a quality thermometer that gets a read FAST. Taking a temp on a wiggly baby is tricky, and having to wait for that read means they usually wiggle too much to get it. 2

- An electric nail file for babies. I was SO anxious about accidentally cutting baby's fingers and it took the fear out of it.

- A portable breast pump. I didn't need it all the time, but when I did need it I really needed it (when I started work, on some emergency visits for myself when I couldn'tbring baby, when I had to unclog blocked ducts). I have the Medela Freestyle and was happy with it with DS.

- Not a must-have at all, but we were given a baby bath thermometer that lets you know if the water is within a good range for baby. We couldn't figure out why our baby hated bath time so much and it was because we were running it slightly too warm. The thermometer took the guesswork out of it and completely changed his attitude around bathtime. It floats in the tub like a little toy (ours was a turtle but there are different ones).

I could get into a whole list of postpartum items too, but that might be a great future topic!

• Options
    edited March 2022

EDD / Weeks + Days: 10w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n)/interesting fact: Lego Guy 

Team (Pink/Blue/Green/finding out): finding out

Upcoming Appointments: I finally had my first appointment today! It was such a relief to finally see babe and know everything is going okay!

How are you feeling? Still getting really bad cramps but we saw I have two ovarian cysts on that side likely causing it. Hoping they go away once the placenta takes over. Lots of nausea and

Rants/Raves: Flippin’ SPD is back 🤬😳🤯 it is going to be a long 9 months haha. My Rave is we are going to Riviera Maya in 3 weeks and I cannot wait! 

Questions: anyone else have SPD this early on? 

Oh gosh so many I love. Electric or vacuum connected nasal aspirator, our hatch night light, aveeno baby exczema night balm, comfortable nursing bras and clothes if you plan to breastfeed. I adore my nursing sweatshirt! 

L@bows22  the kiddo guilt is rough! They should hear the heartbeat! We did today :) 

@sandy5693 hope the NT scan goes well! 

• Options
    @merostomata yay for the fatigue improving!

@krthouse so glad you announced! Hope your nausea/sickness continue to keep improving! 

• Options
    @sandy5693 I forgot to add that we added storage that hangs on the walls, which was a HUGE space saver. IKEA has these wall cubes that we put over the change dresser which we used to store diaper cream, extra wipes, diapers, thermometer, brush, and other quick-grab items. Carriers hung on over the door hooks. We also did a huge clothing and extra stuff purge as I entered 3rd trimester. We just filled the holes for any wall storage when we moved out.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for all the small space living ideas! So so helpful :) 
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 11+1

Baby is the size of a(n)/interesting fact: lime 

Team (Pink/Blue/Green/finding out):team blue

Upcoming Appointments: weekly until my BP is controlled

How are you feeling? Tired, swollen, backache

Rants/Raves: I love my NP. She saw me through my last pregnancy, was there through PCOS diagnosis and complicated fertility. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying? SwaddleMe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: September 27, 13w 2d.

Baby is the size of a(n)/interesting fact: Lemon!

Team (Pink/Blue/Green/finding out): moose, dinosaurs, gnomes.

Upcoming Appointments: Glucose check tomorrow, had the NT/genetic screening yesterday. The NT US looked good, waiting for the other results.

How are you feeling? The last week has given me energy to walk and enjoy going two miles per walk again. I love it. Enjoying the forest smells and noises with doggo. Apparently because of where my placenta is, I might not feel the kiddo for weeks yet. Oh well. I know we have an active lemon.

Rants/Raves: Got a pair of Helly Hansen rain bib pants.

Questions: None right now.

GTKY: Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying? Nothing. I’ll get there when I get there.

• Options
    @bows22 at my 10w3d appt the OB said she wouldn’t be checking me with doppler only because I had just had the US, so my guess is yes.
    @sandy5693 I’m late to the game but all these recommendations for small space considerations are great. I’m currently in purge mode and can’t believe I’ll be adding infant toys back into the mix. 
    @merostomata yay for better energy and good moods!
    @reirei09 zippers 4 life. I’m donating all remaining snap PJs in my possession before this baby comes.
    @krthouse I know I posted this elsewhere but FX for a great scan and bloodwork tomorrow!
    @hotmessexpress89 Riviera Maya sounds divine. Enjoy all the virgin tropical beverages!
    @proudmama810 if the kids want to share, they probably will. My 4 year old told basically the entire daycare. As long as it doesn’t stress you out, I would probably welcome it since it’s a way for the siblings to get excited for the baby. 
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 10w 6d

Baby is the size of a(n)/interesting fact: Strawberry

Upcoming Appointments: Prenatal appointment on 03/29 and NT scan sometime in next 2 weeks

How are you feeling? Not too bad, I had been viciously exhausted but I think maaaaybe it’s gotten a little better? Hungry/thinking about food constantly!

Rants/Raves: Rant- Reading this thread spoiled the surprise of what my baby size fruit equivalent will be for the next few weeks 😩… it’s sad how much I look forward to that lol. Rave- I was able to find baby’s hb with my home doppler at 10 weeks which was very comforting.

Questions: TMI- Has anyone else noticed whitish yellow nipple discharge? It’s not a lot at all, but don’t remember with other pregnancies. 

GTKY: Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Probably my Ergo carrier w/ the newborn insert, will probably be even more helpful this time around having a toddler too.

@hotmessexpress89 Yep, I’m starting to feel the SPD too:( Not so bad that the act of  putting pants on makes me wanna cry, but I’m sure I’ll get there my mid-second trimester. Have you found anything that helps at all? Oh and baby being the size of a “Lego guy” made me crack up for some reason:)

• Options
    @siouxieq87 That's likely colostrum! It can come in very early, particularly for STM+
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: Oct 17, 10+4

Baby is the size of a(n)/interesting fact: chocolate truffle

Upcoming Appointments: 4/4…the last of my “every 2 weeks” checks they have been doing as extra monitoring given the MC in December  

How are you feeling? Energy has really come back, so I’m grateful for that.

Rants/Raves: In-laws got to town last night and are here until Tuesday morning. They’re very sweet and wonderful with the kids, but I just get stressed hosting guests and had to work like crazy to get the house nice for them. They have zero pets and their house is always spotless, so I’m always self-conscious given the menagerie-plus-kiddo-created chaos at our place  

Questions: Nope!

GTKY: Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Like @siouxieq87 my vote goes to my Ergobaby carrier—with the infant insert. We use the Omni 360 (which is a softer material than the original Ergo 360) which can be converted from front to back carry options.