Misoprostol and MMC questions — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Misoprostol and MMC questions

So I found out I was pregnant end of jan everything normal no signs of trouble. Go in for 8 week ultrasound and they said I was measuring about 6 weeks no heart beat no embryo. Had to wait a week for a 2nd ultrasound which confirmed the findings of the 1st. Another week before I could see an OB who prescribed misoprostol. Took that as soon as I got home I just wanted this whole thing to be over it was such a miserable 3 weeks. That is some wicked medicine it was a very intense experience very similar to labor and post partum sympoms I had with my 1st. Flash forward to 2 weeks later I have the follow up with the OB he does a preg test and says it’s negative so it worked and I’m good to go.

It’s now been 3 weeks since I took it and I’m still spotting, is this normal? I would say it’s small gushes, pinky red not brown.

We started having sex again after 2 weeks (protected as I want to wait a cycle before trying again) and I’m experiencing some pain in my pelvis during sex. Much like a sore muscle type pain. It’s dull not sharp and doesn’t persist but it is painful if I apply pressure to the area after. Anyone else experience this?
I’m terrified of getting an infection as we had a friend pass from TSS last year and I’m also terrified that I will somehow damage my uterus with infection.

Last question: if you had a MMC and had to take Misoprostol, how many cycles after that did you conceive again? Did you have another MC or was it successful?

Re: Misoprostol and MMC questions

• I'm sorry for your loss.  I would call your doctor again if you are concerned, especially if you are having pelvic pain during sex.  

Also, every person is different, so knowing how many cycles it took someone to get PG and their outcome, has no bearing on your specific situation.  The good news is that most women with one MC go on to have another PG and a living child.  RPL is very uncommon, but there are support groups out there if you find yourself to be one of us unlucky ones found in that situation.