August 2022 Moms

Rh positive

My appointment is next week to discuss my results for the genetic testing. However, I signed up for LabCorp early because I want to know the gender. This is my second pregnancy and I vaguely remember something about this last time. I used good old google and now I’m worried. Anyone know what this means? 

Re: Rh positive

• dimeadozendimeadozen member
    edited February 2022
    So, firstly, of course ask your healthcare provider. But, if you click the kidshealth article that is giving you the information if the mother is RH negative and the baby is RH positive. That snippet is misleading.

I’m not fully educated on this matter but I believe the mother being RH positive is fine, there’s no issue for concern there because it’s actually quite common. 
    If the mother is RH negative there are risks involved, in the case that the baby is RH positive. 
    I am RH negative. I have to get a Rhogam shot during pregnancy and at birth to protect the baby for the chance that our blood would mix for some reason. With the shot me and the baby stay safe. 

You wouldn’t have this issue being RH+, but just call your provider and ask what that test result means for you and allow him/her to ease your mind. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bows22bows22 member
    edited February 2022
    Edit - oops, for some reason I thought this was on first tri. Nothing to see here!
  • Loading the player...
  • @bows22

Totally jk!!! You can crash our party anytime!! 😁😁❤️ I hope you’re doing well!!!
  • I’m RH negative and I just have to get a shot around 28weeks (if I remember correctly) and then one after baby is born. I read about it online first and was upper intimidated but it’s not so scary at all. Pretty simple solution and your care provider should know when/ if you need the shot.
  • @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 another mama who said the same thing as me if that puts your mind at ease. Of course your provider should make you feel better too!
    Pregnancy Ticker