September 2022 Moms

WTF Wednesday

What stupid people/things are getting your goat today and making you say WTF?

WTF Wednesday WTF Is Happening  WOMENS THEATRE FESTIVAL
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Students who think listing racial slurs into my classroom calculators piss me off. Sometimes I hope these kids end up outside of our rural community so they can learn how not cool that is. 
  • I have a very sweet younger black co-worker who I am friends with and who works with me on certain projects.  She shares her cube farm with a bunch of older Hispanic women who are all quite rude to her.  I go in there a few days a week to say good morning and also discuss the projects we're working on for a few minutes.  One of the Hispanic ladies went to their (older, Hispanic female) boss and "reported" me for "being disruptive."  But apparently the other (older, Hispanic) co-workers who go in there to chat for hours on end are not disruptive.

So aggravating.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • So not Wednesday, but I had my first person come up and touch my stomach without permission. It was at least someone I knew, but why do people think this is okay?!
  • because women are property, dontcha know? ;)
    Current pregnancy -

• @laj0217 if they touch your belly without invitation, doesn't that mean you get to touch their belly? I mean, double standards if they get weirded out...they started it. I think people just don't think about it, especially if they haven't experienced it before so....maybe they need to experience how weird it is😂 I'm not very good at follow through but I love the thought about how uncomfortable can I make people when they ask "are you pregnant?" Or touch bellies, etc. You have all the power over how awkward that interaction will be. 
  • @babywiik I think the best comment currently would be, you're gonna have to go a lot lower if you want to touch baby, but if you go that low you better be the one that put it in there.   Or.  Those are my intestines can you feel how backed up I am? 
  • @jhysmath haha🤣🤣🤣 these are great! 
  • It was my husband’s elderly aunt. So, she definitely knows I’m pregnant. But she never had any kids of her own, so maybe there’s something to that? I’m just someone who values personal space regardless. I used to have coworkers joke about my “bubble” because I don’t hug hello/goodbye (very southern thing to do). I would never presume to touch someone like that - it just boggles my mind. 
  • laj0217 said:
    So not Wednesday, but I had my first person come up and touch my stomach without permission. It was at least someone I knew, but why do people think this is okay?!
    Y’all I am SO WORRIED about this when I develop a bump. Like I hate being touched by strangers and as a Swede, my personal space is already about 1.5-2ft wider than the average Oregonian’s. It’s a thing. We don’t like standing as close.

Does it count as self-defense to smack someone’s hand away for non-consensual belly touches? Like is that allowed? I’m doing it anyways.
  • babywiikbabywiik member
    edited March 2022
    @pangolindrome if someone touched your butt you'd have every right to smack their hand. I'd say belly is no different. There was a joke going around that the Finns were super excited when Finland drop the "keep one meter distance" rule because then they could go back to 2 meters. Maybe it applys to Swedes also😜
  • @pangolindrome my husband said I should have slapped her hand away. This is his aunt, and he’s encouraging violence 😂 he also said if I won’t do it, but give him permission, he’d *love* to make people feel bad about it - either with hand slapping or awkward comments. Love that guy!