1st Trimester

Symptoms Worsen as Day Goes On

I've read so many things about morning sickness being all day, or some not having it at all, and all variations being normal. I've also read others like me who say it's worse later in the day/at night. But mine is so profoundly linear, it's weird.

I'm 10 weeks, and these symptoms have been consistent since they started. When I wake up, I'm relatively OK. Barely any nausea, maybe just extra hungry/empty feeling. Mild fatigue. Then, linearly, as the day goes on, the fatigue and nausea worsen. I could literally graph it. Afternoon I may need a nap, and by dinner time I can barely do anything. The nausea is simultaneously increasing along with the fatigue and worst when I go to bed. 

I've never heard anyone with an experience quite like this. I'm sure it "means nothing" and everyone is different. But it's just curious!

Re: Symptoms Worsen as Day Goes On

• I tend to have “evening sickness” as well. It’s pretty common actually. My husband knows any time I’m pregnant, he’s basically on his own for dinner unless I can make a large batch of something on Saturday mornings before I start to feel sick. Snacking every hour or so has helped me a lot! Often though, I still feel crummy in the evening. 
  • Last time, once I was deeper into my first tri, it did seem to get pretty bad at night. I take the train and the commute home on one of the lines just lurched and lurched and made everything that much worse 
  • Loading the player...
  • Same story here. I feel worse as the day goes on: fatigue, gas, nausea, malaise -- I have not done anything fun or social in the evening for a while. Thankfully I'm able to sleep alright, at least. (Knock on wood)