Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite baked good to make? If you're not a baker, what's your favorite to eat?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 3.7

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20w1d

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: paper airplane 

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow! 

How are you feeling?: good!! Legs are starting to get more sore/crampy. I always get varicose veins in my legs during pregnancy and I think they make it worse. 

Rants/Raves: H felt the baby kick yesterday. I’ve been trying to get him to feel it for a couple weeks but whenever we would try it would stop moving 🙄

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite baked good to make? If you're not a baker, what's your favorite to eat? This is a loaded question. I don’t know if I have a specific favorite: poptarts, cinnamon rolls and oatmeal cream pies are probably my top 3. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: edd 7/26, 19w6d

FTM/STM/STM+: stm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: mango

Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan and doctor visit on Thursday! So excited!

How are you feeling?: pretty good!!

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite baked good to make? If you're not a baker, what's your favorite to eat? I'm not huge on sweets but I'm always down for a warm Cinnabon cinnamon roll. I only get it like once a year because there isn't a Cinnabon close to me. Also a fan of cheesecake. 😊

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:7/19 20w6d 

FTM/STM/STM+: 3TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a box of dryer sheets 😂 Actually, according to the ultrasound, he’s about 14oz

Upcoming appointments: 4/1

How are you feeling?: Good overall

Rants/Raves: It’s going to snow here Friday. And, it cost me $76 to fill up my gas tank (and I don’t drive something huge- just a GMC Acadia).  rave- trying a new recipe this week for bacon pasta (not carbonara)

Questions: For STM+, if you had gestational diabetes, did you have any symptoms before the glucose test confirming it? I read something (can’t remember where, so I’m trying to take it with a grain of salt), that having to drink a lot of water, peeing a lot, and being tired a lot are common for mamas with GD. I didn’t have it with my first two pregnancies and I have not slept through the night since my BFP without needing to get up to pee. At least in second trimester with my daughters, I’d get to sleep through the night some. 

GTKY: What's your favorite baked good to make? If you're not a baker, what's your favorite to eat? I enjoy cooking more than baking since it doesn’t need to be exact measurements like baking but I make some really great chocolate chip cookies. They’re huge and soft. Might have to make some on Friday while it’s snowing!
  • @jellie603 MCI is when the umbilical cord attaches "off-center" on the placenta - it typically causes growth restriction and can be a reason for early delivery in some cases, as well as a potential for distress during labor. My OB explained it as the demands and stress are higher during labor and sometimes it causes not enough oxygen getting to baby, so they monitor closely. There's also another condition VCI which tends to cause more issues - this is an online definition of the difference "Velamentous cord insertion is diagnosed when the umbilical vessels insert into the membranes before they reach the placental margin. This results in the umbilical vessels lacking the protection of Wharton’s jelly for the section between the insertion and the placental margin. A marginal cord insertion is where this distance is reduced to a minimum, but the insertion site is supported by very little placental tissue."
  • jellie603jellie603 member
    edited March 2022
    @runnergirl2018 thank you! I was not overly impressed with the MFM doctor that we met with - we were definitely just a number and I felt very rushed and didn't even feel comfortable asking all of the questions that I prepared. I say that because she didn't even mark this cord attachment issue on our print outs. After reading the internet definitions that you grabbed, VCI & Wharton's Jelly are key words that I remember her using. 

ETA: I just went downstairs to grab out papers and it does look like she marked the "P. cord insertion" as Velamentous. I feel like she brushed this off though. I just did a quick Google search (I know, I know) and now I'm a little concerned. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23 weeks 

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Grapefruit

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound and GD test next week

How are you feeling?: Pregnancy insomnia is kicking my butt  :'( I'm awake everyday by 2:00am and usully don't fall back asleep before my alarm

Rants/Raves: We put in an offer on a house last week ($30k over listing) and it did not get accepted. Bummer to experience my first (and likely far from last) real estate disappointment. 

GTKY: What's your favorite baked good to make? If you're not a baker, what's your favorite to eat? I don't bake much, but I love donuts! 

• @jellie603 I'm sorry that was your experience with her. Can you do a follow up with her or your OB to ask those questions? I got freaked out a little looking up stuff about MCIs, even though my OB is super chatty and would be willing to answer the million questions I had.  I had to stop myself from looking.  It looks like VCI's tend to cause more issues when they aren't detected, but from my understanding, when they are they can monitor you closely enough to catch things before they cause big problems.  
  • @runnergirl2018 that's probably the smart move - stop looking things up haha. Yes, I plan to bring this paperwork with my at my 20wk appointment at my regular OB office in a couple of days and ask my millions of questions then. Thankfully, my OB sounds like yours - they are all so friendly and chatty - I feel very comfortable with them. My new fear is now I'll have a much higher chance of having to deliver at the MFM hospital with cold and sterile doctors. 
  • @jellie603 Dr. Google is doom and gloom. If I were you, I'd look to find a MFM that makes me more comfortable... (I like my MFM, so it's easy for me to say.) Best of luck figuring out what next steps look like!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/21 20w 45

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 🤫

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A microphone

Upcoming appointments: just had my OB 20w checkup yesterday, and I have a MFM appt 3/9. Looking forward to more pics! Glucose tolerance test is in 4 weeks. 😱

How are you feeling?: Kind of sucky at the moment. Weather changes in Texas are making my allergies go crazy. My nose is a faucet I can't seem to turn off!

Rants/Raves: Rant: Allergies. Ready to be finished with weather transitions.
    Rave: I've been eating like I already have GD, since I've been prediabetic forever. The NP sent me to get my a1c tested yesterday to see if we need to bump up the glucose test, and it came back normal! I'm so relieved! Still not looking forward to the glucose tolerance test, but good to feel better about how I'm eating now.

Questions: none

GTKY: What's your favorite baked good to make? If you're not a baker, what's your favorite to eat? A couple of years ago, I stumbled across a keto brownie mix that my husband and I love. A bag makes 12 servings, so I make them in a mini-muffin tin instead of a regular brownie pan. Fudgy with crisp edges for all!
  • @velvetblue88 thanks I appreciate it! Unfortunately we live in a pretty rural area. There are 2 MFM high risk teams at 2 different hospitals (both 45 mins in either direction from my house). But the one I am seeing is Tier 2 in my insurance and the other is Tier 3 - we just can't afford more out of pocket. 
  • @inthewoods23 YES! I'm a couple weeks behind you and apparently have an anterior placenta but this little guy has some strong kicks already! Sometimes I do get nausea from it. 
  • @inthewoods23 yeah the comparisons are silly.  i'm just a couple of days ahead of you so i see similar comparisons.  Regarding leave - MOOOOSSTTT short term disability plans will cover 6 weeks for vaginal birth and 8 weeks for c-section, and then the percentage should be available somewhere in your benefits paperwork. with my last job since we didn't have any maternity leave and only the STD coverage, i was still maxed out at 12 weeks of leave with FMLA at whatever paid/unpaid ratio it turned out to be.

@jellie603 yay for having a good OB at least! I hope you get to deliver with them
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/8 22w, 5d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a coconut

Upcoming appointments: just had 22 wk appt Monday and things are looking good. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty good. After a busy weekend it was nice to have some down time with a snow day Monday

Rants/Raves: spring break for our school is next week! Say a prayer for us and our road trip to the Gulf Coast with 2 toddlers

Questions: nope

GTKY: What's your favorite baked good to make? If you're not a baker, what's your favorite to eat? Chocolate chip cookies! And give me all the sweets 😊

@tuxielove93 sorry your husband didn't get the job. Good for you for planning ahead for the rest of the year. And I didn't know that stat about GD and subsequent pregnancies, thanks for sharing!

@inthewoods23 I don't think my bump had changed much in the past couple weeks either, like it popped out quick and then had stayed similar. Belly button is definitely out though!

• oli9oli9 member
    @sunshineandlemons I have six kids, this will be my seventh and I have never had GD with any of them BUT with this pregnancy I’ve had to excessively pee, especially at night I go about 10+ times (no kidding) and I am so thirsty all the time, neither of which happened with any of my other pregnancies, and I just got a call from my doctors office saying that I failed my early GD test I took last week and they want me to come back in next week and take a 3 hour test to determine if I do indeed have GD. 🙃 I don’t know what it will change if I do have GD, but we’ll see. 
  • @jellie603 I'm already in disbelief that the baby will grow to be 8lb or whatever, and is only 11oz currently. So I can imagine that with twins that feeling is intensified. You can do it! Pregnancy seems like such a mental challenge as well as physical.

@inthewoods23 ugh the whole maternity leave situation in this country is ridiculous. I have short term disability but that will only be 66% of my pay, for 9 or 11 weeks, depending on what kind of birth I have. Similar to what @runnergirl2018 said, I basically have the 12 weeks of FMLA and then get the short term disability pay for part of it. Insurance is so sketchy and confusing. Luckily I got my short term disability a few years ago, but it's crazy cause for my plan, you have to sign up a year before you are going to use it. So you couldn't get pregnant and then sign up. It's so stupid. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 20th/ 21 weeks today.

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An endive. But last week was a banana and I know that endive are smaller. I work in the produce world, so these estimations really bother me. For those who were wondering, an endive is a type of bitter green. Related to radicchio.  :)

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan was last week. This week is a midwife appt. I need to ask for a prescription to get a breast pump free through insurance (eye roll). I was telling this to my hubby and he was like, "wait, what? a prescription?!" Yes, as if I'm going to fake pregnancy to get a free breast pump for all my friends??

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. The bump is definitely feeling heavier these days. 

Rants--I was a little caught off guard this week with my workplace (and pretty much everywhere) lifting the mask mandate. I work in a busy store with lots of people. I just don't feel totally ready, and still feel vulnerable as a pregnant person. Just going to keep my mask on for awhile, I think my coworkers will get it.

Rave-- Going to visit my family next week for the first time since the summer, yay!

Questions: I've seen talk of GD testing. Is there a certain week when they test for that? Or is it earlier if you are at a higher risk? 

GTKY: What's your favorite baked good to make? If you're not a baker, what's your favorite to eat? I don't bake too often but when I do it's peanut butter cookies or some sort of fruit crisp/crumble.
  • @zinnia19 GD test is typically around 27-28 weeks but can be earlier if you have certain risk factors. 
    STD can be so annoying too - I had emergency gallbladder surgery at 7 weeks PP and ended up not being able to get covereage for that event because it happened in a different calendar year and my employer switched companies … so the new one refused to cover me since I hadn’t worked any days that calendar year and the old one wouldn’t because it didn’t happen during the year I was covered 🤦🏻‍♀️ I don’t have any STD or PTO benefits ar my current job so I’m just saving the best I can to take a few months off!

• @zinnia19 I haven’t really seen any hate for keeping the masks on. I’m sure your coworkers will be cool with whatever makes you feel best 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @jellie603 Sorry! Try not to worry, I can’t remember the source I read that from, so it could all be made up hype just for clicks.
    @tuxielove93 thanks for the reassurance 🤞🤞
    @oli9 oh no! I’m sorry you failed the early one. And peeing 10x a night?? .Yuck! You have got to be exhausted! I joked around with my husband after my second was born that I slept better and felt more rested with a newborn than I did pregnant (bc of peeing in the motn third tri and congestion due to pregnancy) 🤣
    @LJMoon6 That’s true. I expected to get up in the middle of the night in the first and third trimesters, but not now. I’m wiped! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/20 21w1d

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: and endive whatever that is, at my anatomy scan last week they estimated her to be about 11oz

Upcoming appointments: a follow up ultrasound in 2 weeks to try and see what she wouldn’t let us see at my scan last week and a regular OB check up the same week. 

How are you feeling?: overall okay, I am trying not to get overwhelmed with everything. My big kids are getting into their spring sports which will run through the end of may which means the next few months will fly by. 

Rants/Raves: my rave is we actually decided and agreed on first and middle name for this little girl. We took forever with our first two but are on the same page this time around! 

Rant: this may get long, sorry in advance. This is my third baby and while we don’t have any baby gear that we kept from our older kids(meaning we are starting brand new and buying all new things) I just don’t want a baby shower. I created a registry to keep myself in order and to get the coupon. My sister is also pregnant and due a few weeks before me. She just had a baby last may so they have literally everything they need. She along with my other sister were wanting to do a joint shower where people bring her diapers and then buy off my registry. I just don’t like that idea because it doesn’t seem fair to the people in our lives to make them buy two gifts and I don’t want to put that on people. Also I really don’t have many friends(meaning DH and I have one couple we hang out with regularly and that’s it) and we don’t have a huge extended family and I really just don’t want to sit in a room with like 7 people who we made buy two presents. I told my sisters that this week and they were so insistent and then my sister who is also pregnant said that if I’m not having a shower then she isn’t having one either. I told her that if she wants a shower to absolutely have one and not let my decision on it affect her but my family is stubborn. I am just frustrated by the whole situation and wish they would understand it from my point of view. 

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite baked good to make? If you're not a baker, what's your favorite to eat? I get the urge to bake every now and then but don’t really have a favorite thing. I like to eat a good chocolate chip cookie though. 
  • @runnergirl2018 oh my gosh, that situation with your short term disability is absurd! Also that sounds like a painful situation with you gallbladder! 

@bearsandbeets7 that totally makes sense, I can see why you don’t want a baby shower. Your family should respect that. Congrats on picking a name! That’s exciting.