1st Trimester

So nauseous and dizzy that it’s impeding my ability to function

Hey guys. My name is Taylor and I’m 23. This is my first thread here in the community and also my first pregnancy. I will be 8 weeks on Friday and my ability to function has taken a nose dive. I still carry out my daily routines, but now, especially in the morning, I have to stop about every 15 minutes because of how nauseous and dizzy I get. I often end up falling asleep at least half of those times when I stop to take a break. Anyone else deal with this? I don’t know specifically what might be causing it or what I could be doing to make it less severe. 
Or for any of the ladies who have already been there before- is this just a normal part of pregnancy at two months?

Re: So nauseous and dizzy that it’s impeding my ability to function

• Please call your doctor and they maybe able to get you some meds to help out w/ this issue. 
  • Hi Taylor, I am experiencing what sounds like a slightly less severe symptom of dizziness. Every time I walk downstairs to the kitchen I get dizzy. I’m about 5 weeks along. My mom said that was her only symptom for 3 healthy pregnancies ; she would even pass out often. Did you ask a doctor?
  • Loading the player...
  • lopiplopip member
    I would get blood work done to make sure your pressure and sugar levels look good. My first pregnancy I would keep a handful of nuts in my pocket and anytime I felt like that I ate a few, brought me back immediately!