September 2022 Moms
Options

FFFC 3/4

Confess your sins and receive absolution! Or something...
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: FFFC 3/4

• Options
    liliennelilienne member
    edited March 2022
    I feel terrible about this, but I actually feel more sick when my husband is around and able to help out. He was out of town earlier this week and I took care of the pets, myself, and the house without too much trouble, but now that he's home I keep finding that the dog food smell makes me feel sick and I need to rest constantly. I'm not trying to take advantage of his helpfulness! I think my brain just forces me to rally when I don't have help, and then I pay the price a little when he gets home.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• Options
    When Anthony is gone I turn up the heat and bask in the glory of a 70 degree house vs a 62 degree house. It’s been in the teens or below for months now outside which I swear makes the house feel even colder than what the thermometer says. I’m over it and want WARMTH. When I see him pull into the driveway or if he’ll be home after I fall asleep I’ll turn the heat down so he doesn’t suspect anything 🤷🏼‍♀️😇 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Breakfast this morning was leftover Chinese food and a cup of half-caf coffee.  I have no regrets.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I dropped the kids off at daycare this morning for my appointment. I've been running errands, but could totally go get them and don't want to. I told myself that I would clean the house because we finally found someone who will hopefully come and clean every other week for us, but the bathroom needs a good scrub before an outsider sees it and I just want to sit on the couch and not do anything instead. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath I approve of this plan.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @jhysmath I hope you took it easy for a bit, even if you eventually got around to cleaning!

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• Options
    Hiding in the bedroom right now ‘working’. I actually finished about 30 mins ago. Mostly bc I don’t want to finish up dishes and start dinner and keep watching Netflix without the 5 year old asking for a million things. 😬
  • Options
    @lilienne all I cleaned was the bathroom. That was embarrassing. She can see our cluttered kitchen and livingroom. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath sound strategy!

• Options
    @lilienne same girl - I run myself ragged and it catches up to me when I get home so H thinks I’m useless! I’m trying! This is my last pregnancy so I won’t be like this forever! 
  • Options
    @foreveronyourside oh my gosh, you have no idea how much better that makes me feel! We were absolutely not expecting this pregnancy, and while I'm tempted to say it will be the last, we both like the idea of two kids...so I'm trying to keep an open mind about what might happen next! Either way, my husband is being an extremely good sport, but I can see he's also feeling stressed out and overworked. I'm hoping second trimester will be easier! (And hoping all goes well with this pregnancy, the whole process is nerve-wracking!)

• Options
    @lilenne yes the exact same thing is happening here! We are very equal in everything we do and share our duties really well so I feel guilty for the imbalance. I cleaned house this morning and got out spring decorations while he took dogs for a walk and our son with. When he took a nap I had to take a nap! 
  • Options
    @foreveronyourside tandem napping sounds nice, at least. :-) The husband just took the dogs for a walk while I checked on the chickens, and I'm feeling slightly more useful today than I was yesterday. He insists he's doing okay with the added chores, but I'll feel better once I'm able to pull my own weight again!

• Options
    My grandparents had 13 kids and my mom said that when my grandma was pregnant, my grandpa would proclaim himself the "cheif cook and bottle washer". I'm hoping 2nd trimester brings more energy than I have now because I feel so lazy. In a way it's maybe good that MH has to do more now as sort of a preparation for when baby comes. The bond between him and my daughter has gotten way stronger since I got pregnant and I'm glad for that because I have a feeling they'll be spending a lot more time together once baby comes.