September 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 2/28

Raaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddoooooooooommmmmmmmmm

What random things/thoughts/feelings, etc., are on your mind?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/28

• Options
    I am very sad that this is the last season of TWD.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I'm pissed amazon still hasn't delivered my maple tapping kit as today was a beautiful day to tap and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday and never arrive. We're only here one more day so I won't even tap now because one day won't collect enough for anything. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jhysmath maybe more appropriate for UO, but I *hate* real maple syrup.  The fake stuff has a way better consistency.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @kboydbowman I was the same way before I moved to "the north country" now I can't stand the fake stuff. My dad used to mix real and fake when we were little too get us to eat it, and we also had real maple syrup or molasses with white bread as a snack. I bring my own syrup if I know the breakfast place doesn't have it, and will pay the extra $3 to get the real stuff if they offer it. I Zant wait to be able to make our own syrup. With likely 75 acres of wooded land I feel we will be able to get enough to suffice my addiction 😂. 
  • Options
    I used to live in Buffalo and my ex-husband tried to get me to like it on multiple occasions....no go lol
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @jhysmath @kboydbowman I only like sugar-free syrup so the fake fake stuff lol. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath where are you? I’m in NH and tons of folks out their taps out today, I noticed them on my way to get some new house plants since I accidentally killed a few of my pathos plants but forgetting about them. Let’s hope these new babies are well taken care of, I put them in more central places so I won’t walk by and neglect them by accident 🙈
  • Options
    jhysmathjhysmath member
    edited March 2022
    @lucyg00cy I'm in western New York this week, but I live in northern NH for the school year....how do you kill a pathos? I'm pretty my BIL lived in another state and would come home to water his once a month and it still lived. I trim off the ugly bits when I visit, but he's had and neglected this plant for over 15 years likely 25 years, and it still hasn't died.

Eta: pathos plants are really easy to propogate. Clip some leaves off stick in water she wait for roots to bud. Plant in soil and bam new plant. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath if it's a plant, I can kill it.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    I have a cold and it's kicking my butt. What are your go tos for a cold while pregnant? I've been having a cup of tea in the morning, lots of water during the day, and trying to eat healthy but so miserable.
  • Options
    If you're stuffed up, a neti pot is amazing
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @kboydbowman omg yes I've been meaning to go get one of those! Placing a target pick up order now
  • Options
    @jhysmath that’s so awesome about you getting your own maple syrup! My mom’s friend taps it (I think she’s in Minnesota) so I have some in my fridge from her. We serve the kids the cheap stuff and save the good stuff for us 😁
  • Options
    @mokay19 eventually... My package now says it was delayed yesterday because of weather or natural disaster. It's in the next real town and there was no weather yesterday at all. Today it says it doesn't know when it will get here. It's been 25 minutes away since Saturday, when it was first reported out for delivery. 🙄
  • Options
    Holy flood of threads! 😵‍💫
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    Heh.  It's the beginning of the month. :)
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    whitta1015whitta1015 member
    edited March 2022
    Anyone have a favorite self tanner, preferably that I can purchase at Ulta or someone in-store? It's in the 80s here this weekend and we have to go to a birthday party and the world isn't ready for these white legs. :flushed:

Also - I'm not concerned about them not being safe. I used them last time and my doctor had no issues. I don't love the idea of getting a spray tan while pregnant, which is why I'd rather just use a self-tanner.
  • Options
    @whitta1015 Last time I used self tanner I got Tanologist from Target. I think it was the gradual tan lotion, but they have some other kinds too. It worked pretty well I’d say, but I liked it better than most bc it was considered ‘clean’ in terms of ingredients.
  • Options
    This week's fun with stats:

(Once again, data is primarily gathered from the introductions and ultrasounds posts, with occasional additions from the weekly updates thread).

1) We currently have 75 women who are active in this board.  "Active" in this case being defined as having posted within the past two weeks. Of our active ladies,
    • 1 is due in late August (but expects to run into September)
    • 13 are due in the first week of September (9/1-9/7)
    • 21 are due in the second week of September (9/8-9/15)
    • 23 are due in the third week of September (9/16-9/22)
    • 17 are due in the last week of September (9/23-9/30)
    2) In terms of age, of our active ladies,
    • 17 are age 25-29
    • 24 are age 30-34
    • 6 are age 35-39
    • 4 are 40 and over
    • 24 have not disclosed their age
    3) What baby number is it for our active ladies?
    • For 46 of us, it's the first baby.
    • For 14 of us, it's the second baby.
    • For 9 of us, it's the third or more baby.
    • For 6 of us, this data is unknown.
    4) Where are our active ladies?
    • 7 are outside the U.S. (Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, Hungary, Norway) 
    • 8 are in the Pacific coast states (CA, WA)
    • 6 are in the Midwest (MN, NE, WI) 
    • 4 are in the Northeast (MA, NH, VT) 
    • 7 are in the Mid-Atlantic (MD, NY, PA)
    • 4 are in the Southeast (FL, GA, NC, SC)
    • 2 are in the Deep South (LA, TX)
    • 37 have not disclosed their location.
    • So far we have no ladies who have reported their location as the Southwest (e.g., AZ, NV), Applachia (e.g., KY, TN) or non-continental states (HI, AK)
    6) For gender, so far...

• Eight mamas have announced for team blue
    • Four mamas has officially announced for team pink
    • Five mamas have reported they plan to be team green
    *Note that these tallies indicate specific usernames who have stated explicitly the gender of their baby(ies) - this does not encapsulate the total courts on the "I'm Just Here for the SEX" post, which are higher.

7) So far, none of our active ladies have reported they are having twins (but we do have some inactive ladies with multiples).

8) Other factoids:
    • We have 56 women who have posted more than 2 weeks ago but less than a month ago (21 of these have only posted once).
    • We have 92 women who have posted more than a month ago (45 of these only posted once).
    • We have unfortunately also had five women who have left us following confirmed losses.
    • We have 5 women who previously posted but have since deleted their accounts.

If you don't think I'm accounting for your data (or you want to check), let me know and I'll update my spreadsheet. 

Current pregnancy -

• Options
    Stepped on the scale last night and now I'm all in my head about pregnancy weight gain and the recommended amounts each trimester :( I really need warmer weather so I can start going for walks..
  • Options
    @lalarose22 if it’s cold by you, I recommend searching some yoga/stretching for pregnant women on YouTube. It feels really good and helps just get your blood flowing and can be a good gateway habit into walking once it does warm up! 
  • Options
    @lalarose22
    I feel this. Doing the math on my pre pregnancy weight to what I currently weigh makes me cringe. To be fair, I also gained a few pounds when we were on vacation over the holidays (and likely when I conceived) so I will definitely be bringing that up with my OB so she doesn't scold me too much. And I also had scale shock when I randomly weighed myself in the evening rather than the morning, usually I weigh in the morning before eating. It added like 4 pounds!! Add to that I'm super backed up in the #2 department, and that just makes for a whole bag of weight gain guilt. 

Agree with hoping the snow melts soon so outdoor activities can be a thing again! I love kayaking and I've already informed my husband and teenager that they will need to be on-call to help me get out of the kayak if I happen to go out solo. 
  • Options
    @lalarose22 I actually brought my own weight up at my last appt bc I was worried I’d gained like 10 pounds already. My doctor said I’d actually lost a pound from my last appt and to not worry about it so much. Super reassuring!
  • Options
    Also, for weight stuff, I want to note that if you’re with the right provider they will work to support and help you no matter what! I gained a lot of weight with both my pregnancies but was overall healthy and baby was healthy. I loved my midwife because she would just say “everything is healthy, you just need to be ready to take the extra weight off afterward!” And she never once shamed me for my 50lb weight gain with my son, just continued to watch blood pressure, blood sugar, and growth!
  • Options
    @mokay19 I absolutely agree with this. My doctor ran some extra tests for me and told me how to try and watch my weight (I gained 74 pounds 😖), such as reducing sugar, cutting out certain things, and walking more. My glucose test came back perfect and once she realized that I was taking things seriously, she told me that some women just gain excessive weight. My daughter was perfect at 7lbs 12oz and even came spontaneously on her due date. My blood pressure began to go up a bit in the last two weeks, but I never reached dangerous levels.

Before this pregnancy, I lost all but 20 pounds of that weight (from late October 2019), so I was still heavier than I wanted to be. Right now I'm up 2lbs from the start, and I'm happy with that. It wasn't until about 16 weeks last time that I began to gain rapidly.

TL;DR: your provider should support you, no matter what, as long as you're doing your best for the baby and yourself.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @mokay19 thanks for the recommendation! I was planning on doing a prental yoga series at a local studio, but they had to cancel because they didn't have enough interest. Super bummed! I'm thinking YouTube is my best bet.

@mnmomma84 yes! I weighed 4lbs less this morning than I did last night.. lesson learned! Haha

@laj0217 I love a reassuring provider <3 
  • Options
    This is the first time I haven't really lost weight in the first trimester. I'm down 5 lbs but I contribute that to the stomach bug 2 weeks ago. 

With my first in the first trimester I lost 10, then gained 20 in the second before my gd diagnosis, then I gained 5 in the third trimester. So 15 lbs total.  (7lb 2oz baby) 

With my second. I started around 20 lbs lighter than I was when I started with my first. I lost 10 lbs in the first trimester. Then gained 40-50lbs over the next two trimesters. So I weighed about the same at the end as I did with my first....(9 lb 15oz baby) 

This time I didn't lose all the weight though. So I'm starting this one where I started my first and I don't think it's going to be pretty. 
  • Options
    My goal for not gaining as much weight with my son is so I’m not too hot to function at the end of summer 😂 
  • Options
    @jhysmath For real though! My husband's friend was just asking when we were doing our social media announcement because his wife wants to congratulate me. They just had their first baby in October and post all these beautiful, staged monthly photo updates and I'm over here thinking maybe I should just deactivate my account. LOL  Maybe that's one good thing from this whole two year pandemic debacle. I place more value on my smaller village of friends and family. 
  • Options
    I deleted my *real* Facebook shortly after my firsts first birthday. I couldn't deal with the 500 comments and questions from MIL, my aunts or his aunts. I think I posted pictures of my first four the first 4 months, once a month, and then on her first birthday, I posted a collage so my MIL couldn't steal each photo and repost or print out huge for her house without asking. I use Instagram because none of the "older" generation is on it, aside from my mom who rarely uses it or comments on it. And none of them know how to screen shot a picture and crop to take the photos as their own. I have a "fake" Facebook I took out after getting bad news for my second pregnancy and missing my first bmb group. I basically only use it for groups and knowledge, I think I'm have 2 real friends who aren't bmb pocket friends and that's only so I could recommend groups once they had their babies. 
  • Options
    Sadness.  Duke lost Coach K.'s final home game. :(  To UNC, no less.
    Current pregnancy -