UO ((3 March))

Everyone has an opinion… let’s hear them:

Re: UO ((3 March))

• Options
    I don’t like “reality” tv… 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I don’t either - at least not like Survivor or Real Housewives type of shows (I do like competition shows where people have actual talent like Top Chef and Project Runway)
  • Options
    starkettestarkette member
    edited March 2022
    @mdfarmchick I like select reality shows, like Amazing Race, Love is Blind (such a dumpster fire) and sometimes the bachelor(ette). Only if I'm desperate or bored or sad because it makes me feel better about my life. I don't watch and of the Housewives or Survivor or Dancing with the Stars.

I don't really like board games. There are some I will play depending on the company, but I don't relate to people who play board games regularly and collect them. I had a roommate who had hundreds of games and hosted a game night every Thursday. Sometimes I'd jump in but mostly I hermited in my room. The energy required to learn an intricate board game (these were intense games that took hours to play through, complete with strategy or teams or both) is A LOT and I rarely feel like doing it.

I do like Apples to Apples, especially now that DD1 is a great reader, and Skip-bo and other easy to understand games. 

HOWEVER...I just added a bunch of new family board games to my wish list because we are always at a loss of what to do when my family visits. Not much to do around here in Middle of Nowhere Idaho. So I guess I have to suck it up and learn some new games.
  • Options
    @starkette I am not overly competitive, so I find board games that require a lot of strategy & that are time consuming just exhausting... however, I do have a few board games. I'd highly recommend looking up Pandemic (which yes, I know the name is ironic considering COVID). It is by far my favorite game as everyone is working together to win, which I find much more enjoyable vs. traditional board games where you are all competitors.   
  • Options
    @darkrose88 I think I've played Pandemic with my old roommate! It was one I enjoyed but it did require a lot of energy and time. I'd have to be in a specific mood, which happens sometimes! 
  • Options
    Low rise skinny jeans are the best style of jeans. There, I said it. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @coco2787 Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. That's the most controversial UO I've heard so far. High rise skinnies all the way, but yes, you go ahead and rock those like @dimeadozen said! I'll loathe the day that those are the trend and therefore the only thing I can buy in stores...much like wide leg right now. 
  • Options
    wisewitch222wisewitch222 member
    edited March 2022
    Low. Rise. Jeans. I hate the high waisted. They’re unflattering and uncomfortable. I’m so glad low rise is coming back in. I can’t wait to buy a pair as my first post partum clothing purchase!
  • Options
    Haha oh man! I watch A LOT of reality tv - Love is Blind, Survivor, The Amazing Race, Big Brother… the list goes on. 

I was never a big tv person before Covid but then during Covid, DH and I have watched SO much. If there was ever a series that had “girl” in it, we watched the entire thing, all seasons - New Girl, Girls, Gossip Girl, etc. 

Also never giving up my side part!! @mdfarmchick

My UO: Sleeping without a bra is super uncomfortable.
  • Options
    @starkette oh for sure! It does take a long time to play. I can count on my hands the number of times I've played since having a kid lol. I just always enjoyed the teamwork aspect of it. 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream is on it. Lol I’d love to rock low rise but this 185 mom belly is NOT feeling it. Plus, after my first Csection my nerves never got their feelings back, so from my belly button to the bottom of my stomach doesn’t have feeling but pants touching them is uncomfortable so I wear high wasted. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lol @wigglyicecream I mean yes, but I like full shirts and my stomach has never looked like that. I have a really short torso so low rise jeans aren’t actually that low on me, they sit on my hips, not below. Mid rise jeans give me a lovely spare tire and high rise jeans are up to my tits. Really they should just have all styles available always because not all bodies fit in things the same. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    darkrose88darkrose88 member
    edited March 2022
    @coco2787 yesss! I personally feel more comfortable in mid rise jeans. But we should all be able to rock what we feel most comfortable in vs. what is in style. 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream Yes, those jeans, but not the top. I prefer entire shirts. Also I have about 1/3 of the torso of Keira Knightly so looking like that was never a possibility. I'm thinking more of this.

• Options
    Yeah I want them to hit at my hips. I had my appendix out at 18, and they put the camera through my belly button and now it doesn’t like to be touched or squeezed. So yes. Below my belly button, above my butt works for me. 🤣 Also I like longer shirts. And leggings. Tbh, I can’t believe that I like bike shorts but it turns out I do…
  • Options
    Nope, I'll take mid rise. My butt and low rise jeans were never a match. I never understood how Britney Spears wasn't mooning everyone all the time back that. I also never really got into high rise though, so mid rise and bootcut for me. Bootcut to balance the butt.

@dimeadozen Paramount Plus has a throwback Challenge episodes (old ones and the new All Stars featuring a bunch of the originals, especially from Road Rules).
  • Options
    I’m with @dimeadozen I had  previous abdominal surgeries so I like my jeans (that I never wear) above. it used to give me more of a figure where as low rise I was always pulling them up even when I was a teen. I also totally agree with the have different types of jeans ALL the time so I can figure out what’s best for my body!
  • Options
    @mangoandguava I loved AE jeans in highschool. I like a very small flare to wear with my Sperry’s. I think skinny jeans look weird with them, but never can find what I’m looking for so looking weird it is 🤷🏼‍♀️

@darkrose88 definitely agree with you! I have zero style and wear whatever is comfortable. I don’t look shabby but my high wasted jeans might not look great on my body shape but people can suck it! 😂 it’s comfortable and I don’t have to constantly itch at my stomach or be in discomfort. Win for me. 
    Key is: Just don’t look at yourself a lot and you won’t know how bad you look 😏 I do it all the time hahahaha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I cannot wear low rise...my C-section scar says NOPE. Mid-rise is good. I hate high rise because I have a short torso so they go up to my boobs.  :D 

@twizzleraddict1 if I could ever wear a bra again, I would. My bra now is basically only there to make sure my nipples don't show through my shirts. I hate the restriction. Then again I'm only a C cup....a B when I was at my skinniest. 

@dimeadozen comfy for the win!