July 2022 Moms

GTKY 2.28

Do you plan on doing a maternity or newborn photoshoot?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: GTKY 2.28

• I did maternity photos with DD, but it was more of a "family photos" type thing because DH is in every photo with me. I didn't want just photos of me like a typical maternity shoot. I do plan on doing "family photos" again with me, DH, DD and the bump this time around! 
  • I'm hoping to do both. I mean when you take 4 years to get here you wanna document the occasion 😄.

If we don't do newborn photos I would like to get some nice family photos done at some point.

What's the usual time frame in pregnancy to have maternity photos taken? Is somewhere between 7 and 8 months right?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • We will do family photos as the maternity shoot. My bff is a photographer and has already told me that we are for sure doing them lol. I want something to document this part of our life as well since we were so young when we had DD and DS. 
  • Not sure on maternity. We did them with my first. Definitely doing newborn pictures. We did newborn and 6 month photos with my 1st and then our annual family photos we always did around his birthday. These kids will have birthdays 5 months apart so well maybe meet in the middle after the first couple years 🤣
    my husbands old boss’d wife was a newborn photog so we got a discount with her and I’m very sad we moved out of state for that reason.  
  • I am so weird when it comes to pregnancy haha. I feel very uncomfortable with all of the pregnancy attention and just generally uncomfortable and disconnected from my body. I think I have 2 or 3 casual photos from my first pregnancy and zero from the current one 😂. That said, I won't do maternity photos but will definitely do newborn photos a couple of weeks after they are born and then we have family photos scheduled for October (around 4mo old for the twins). I'm debating pushing the family photos back to June of 2023 so that the twins are more stable and can definitely sit up on their own and can toddle around. 
  • @jellie603 I feel similarly about the extra pregnancy attention. I think pregnancy pictures are beautiful, but they're just not my style when it comes to pictures of me. 

I'm definitely doing newborn pictures though. Our photographer allows for a couple of family/sibling shots as part of the package so we always do that as well.  
  • We have never done any formal type of photos before. We did take a few photos when I was KU with DS, but that was just with my mom and my phone lol. I’m sure we won’t take any maternity pictures this time either. I am still really bummed we never did newborn photos for DS. But damn, those are expensive!!

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• I’m not much of a maternity shoot person either. And really, our family isn’t much of a formal picture family. We’ve never done it but I would like to. I have a ton of pictures on my phone, just not ones where we are coordinating outfits in a pretty landscape.  Maybe after the baby is born, we can get some pictures of all of us. 
  • oli9oli9 member
    Fun fact is that I was a boudoir/lifestyle photographer for over 10 years (along side being a career bartender) with my niche being boudoir, which I LOVE SHOOTING and I really enjoyed shooting maternity boudoir but I did NOT like shooting newborn or families because of the momzillas. The unrealistic expectations that came from momzillas completely turned me off to family or newborn photography. So much so that I don’t ever want my own family or newborn portraits 😂 it’s like working in fast food as a teenager and never wanting to eat that fast food again in your life. The owner of the studio I worked for, who has insane talent and is an incredible family photographer, has offered to take my families portraits and she’s actually taken some of my kids portraits in the past, but it’s like PTSD, I have no interest in being in front of the camera or having my newborn photographed. I’m pretty content just snapping some artistic portraits on my phone and being done with that.
  • We just don't do formal pictures at all, so I don't really do maternity or newborn shoots. I take lots of pictures on my phone though! 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)