1st Trimester
Options

Phlegm?

Sorry if this is gross. So I’m on my second pregnancy 6weeks, and the phlegm is absolutely horrible!! Like I really don’t have much morning sickness at all, but what’s making me gag is this build up of phlegm basically hugging my esophagus 24/7!!! I had this in my last pregnancy as well! No morning sickness per say, just this making me nauseous. Anyone else? I can’t be the only one right?? 

Re: Phlegm?

• Options
    Your not alone..its normal to produce more body fluids than usual. I noticed it very early on in my pregnancy. Mine isn't phlem though, its saliva.! My mouth gets constantly full that i have to spit alot. Hope it goes away for you.
  • Options
    I get phlegm that feels like a thick plug at the base of my nose. It feels like the space between where my nose and throat meet. Mine can only be removed when I drink tea or hot lemon water. I have no morning sickness at all, but sometimes I get headaches. I'm 13/14 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The extra mucus is so real. I didn’t even know it happens when you’re pregnant lol

I was super congested all the time early on😭 and I have allergies so it’s been a bad combo. Had a cough since I got pregnant too from post nasal drip, though that’s finally gone away, I’m 13 weeks now and symptoms are subsiding. 

When my friend was pregnant she literally spit up cups of mucus a day the whole pregnancy. So I count myself lucky!

Lots of warm tea and fizzy water helps clear the sinuses and throat for me. You can also try and clear your airways with a hot shower and sucking in the steam. Works for me when my congestion is BAD. Just don’t stay in too long! Don’t wanna get overheated with baby. 
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice! Though it’s nasty I’ll take this over morning sickness any time