October 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-In 2/28

๐—˜๐——๐——ย /ย ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ย +ย ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†ย ๐—ถ๐˜€ย ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒย ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒย ๐—ผ๐—ณย ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) /ย ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ย ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บย ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ย ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒย ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ย ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Whatโ€™s your favorite book that youโ€™ve recently read?

Re: Weekly Check-In 2/28

• ๐—˜๐——๐——ย /ย ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ย +ย ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: Roughly Oct. 16th/ 7w1d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†ย ๐—ถ๐˜€ย ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒย ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒย ๐—ผ๐—ณย ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) /ย ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: A playing dieย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ย ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM+ this will be my 4th.ย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บย ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: not sure yet. We have two girls and a boy but Iโ€™m such a planner that I like to find out early.ย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: not until 3/21 :(ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ย ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒย ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ย ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: crappy, tired and nauseousย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Hiring cleaners to come every other week has been the best decision we have ever made! We both work from home and it has saved so much time and yeah I think we need to move to weekly haha

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: anyone else struggling to connect with this pregnancy? I keep finding myself talking in an โ€œifโ€ โ€œwouldโ€ context almost as if I donโ€™t expect to make it :( Iโ€™ve never been this way before.ย 

I just finished The Body Keeps the Score. It is so fantastic. It discusses the impact that trauma and stress have on our body and the somatic/physiological responses we have as a result.ย 

• ๐—˜๐——๐——ย /ย ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ย +ย ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: 9 weeks. EDD October 1st.

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†ย ๐—ถ๐˜€ย ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒย ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒย ๐—ผ๐—ณย ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) /ย ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: this cherry weighs as much as a penny.

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ย ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บย ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: moose/gnome colors

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: FIRST MIDWIFE APPT ON WEDNESDAY!ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ย ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒย ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ย ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: exhausted. Constant fatigue. Also confused- preggo brain has been hitting me hard.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: rave: my MIL made me blueberry muffins and raspberry streusel bars for snacking since my body likes them. Also discovered that Kraft makes gluten free mac n cheese so I got to have my first Kraft Mac yesterday.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: does the fatigue really get better?

Hmmmmโ€ฆ I only read for work (high school English teacher) so this is tricky. I want to reread Brave New World for fun though.

• Loading the player...
  • ๐—˜๐——๐——ย /ย ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ย +ย ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: October 4th, 9w today

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†ย ๐—ถ๐˜€ย ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒย ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒย ๐—ผ๐—ณย ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) /ย ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: southern pecan; all organs are formed, they just need to develop and grow!

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ย ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บย ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding Out

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 3/9 midwife check-in; I'm getting anxious to see the first trimester scan to see this bubba again when they don't look like a circle but not sure when they've booked it for yet

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ย ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒย ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ย ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Tired, nauseous, sooo picky about foods

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: I got a 92% on one of my midterms! I was really nervous about it because I wrote it while really in the thick of fatigue and nausea waves, so I genuinely had no idea how I did.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: I was gonna ask the same thing as @hotmessexpress89

I haven't been reading for pleasure as much while in school but I really enjoyed The Dutch House and I'm looking forward to reading The Rose Code (same author as The Huntress and The Alice Network, which I both loved). Something I did to help with PPA and baby blues with DS was I got a kobo with a backlight so I could read at night during feeds and I read a lot of good books then. Highly recommend this for other avid reader mamas when baby comes (a good mother's day gift wish!) just make sure you pick relatively exciting books so you don't fall asleep

@hotmessexpress89 That book sounds great! I'm in a Health Psychology course and that sounds right up my alley. Also yes, I'm having some trouble connecting in this pregnancy and I really don't know why. It just doesn't feel as real as when I was pregnant with DS. My therapist said it will come with time and to not put too much pressure on myself about it, but it feels weird.

@pangolindrome it does! you'll still be more tired than your pre-pregnant self, particularly in late third tri, but it does get a LOT better once the placenta takes over supporting baby more.ย 

• ๐—˜๐——๐——ย /ย ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ย +ย ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: October 13th/7w4d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†ย ๐—ถ๐˜€ย ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒย ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒย ๐—ผ๐—ณย ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) /ย ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Blueberry

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ย ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บย ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Green

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Tomorrow 03/02 is my next US

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ย ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒย ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ย ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Physically: Nauseous, exhausted, nauseous Emotionally: I'm usually okay all week until the day before my US/dr appt - then I get super nervous (I am in an IVF cycle so I'm having appointments once a week)

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: As many of you mentioned on another thread work is just torture right now!ย  I'm usually able to focus pretty well despite health issues, but this is kicking my butt.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: I am transferring from my RE to OBGYN in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed!) What are some good questions to ask my OBGYN at my first appointment?

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Whatโ€™s your favorite book that youโ€™ve recently read? I read Crying in H Mart a little bit ago and that one stuck with me.

• @pangolindrome so the way I view the exhaustion is it changes. Right now I feel dead to world and it hit me two days ago haha. As my previous pregnancies have gone on I have felt more mental and physical energy. My body would get tired more easily doing things but I felt way more normal! Also raspberry streusel bars sound amazing!ย 

@krthouse yes you would love the book I think. So sorry you are having a difficult time connecting too. Iโ€™m going to restart therapy here soon I think especially since I may back off my medications which makes me nervous.ย 

@sandy5693 there as so many questions to ask and I always wanted to ask so many the first appointment. Iโ€™ve realized now how most of them I had lots of time to ask later. ย My initial question is usually about medications if you are on any and if they recommend staying on it or finding an alternative, ย I do like to ask about prenatal testing options if they donโ€™t bring it up. Honestly anything you want to know is great to ask :)ย 

• gbofogbofo member
    ๐—˜๐——๐——ย /ย ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ย +ย ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: Oct 14? 7w4d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†ย ๐—ถ๐˜€ย ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒย ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒย ๐—ผ๐—ณย ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) /ย ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Blueberry

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บย ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: my first appointment/US is finally this Thursday 3/3!

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ย ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒย ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ย ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: symptom wise I am still pretty tired but my nausea is not nearly as bad as it was last week ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ I am anxious about my appointment on Thursdayย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rave - Iโ€™m just glad I finally made it to my appointment week. I feel like Iโ€™ve been waiting foreverย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: noneย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Whatโ€™s your favorite book that youโ€™ve recently read? Seven Days in Juneย 

• ๐—˜๐——๐——ย /ย ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ย +ย ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: 8+2

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†ย ๐—ถ๐˜€ย ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒย ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒย ๐—ผ๐—ณย ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) /ย ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: raspberryย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ย ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: this is baby #4 pregnancy #5.

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บย ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: undecided. We have 3 boys, so I'm leaning towards wanting to find out. But at the same time I like the surprise.

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: midwife appointment on 3/10๐Ÿ˜

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ย ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒย ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ย ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: sooo nauseous! I don't remember it being this bad my other pregnancies, but maybe I've just gaslit myself into thinking it wasn't that bad... I'm also very emotional๐Ÿ˜–

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: My middle child(G) is regressing with potty training... he doesn't tell us if he has to pee in the car so even going for 5 minute drives he will have accidents in his car seat!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: none.

I love fantasy and have been reading robin hobb books again. The mad ship chronicles are just soo good! Not to mention the farseer trilogy๐Ÿ˜

• gbofogbofo member
    edited March 2022
    @shortstack930 thank you!! I hope the nausea gets better but I feel the same way about it being reassuring.ย 
  • @hotmessexpress89 unfortunately I do a lot of โ€œif this sticksโ€ with mine, too, because I *tw* just had the loss in December. *end tw*
    @pangolindrome hope you have a terrific appointment tomorrow!
    @krthouse way to go on your midterm! What are you studying in school?
    @sandy5693 I remember with DD1 (IVF) when my RE said I could switch to the OB it was exciting but a little scary because the OBโ€™s office was a huge practice. I would be really interested in finding out the size of their practice. If large, youโ€™ll want to see more than one throughout pregnancy because you never know who will be on call.
    @gbofo FX for a great US appointment!
    @melly204 ugh to potty training. Itโ€™s especially crappy when dealing with pregnancy nausea and sensitive sense of smell.ย 
    @shortstack930 nothing cuter than an older sibling excited about the baby! ๐Ÿฅฐ

• @shortstack930 @EmilyE13 Thank you! I'm slowly picking away at finishing my BA in Drama, minor in Psychology. I'd dropped out years ago due to mounting mental health issues and am now back virtually and picking away at it a couple courses at a time. This semester I'm in Health Psychology and Intercultural Theatre and I'm loving both!
  • @hotmessexpress89 @krthouse Thank you. I needed to hear that. Iโ€™ll be on summer break for most of third tri, and I am incredibly thankful for thatโ€ฆ even if itโ€™ll also be hot outside.
    @shortstack930 Thank you! She is, she really is. And this is the first baby on our side of the family, so itโ€™s extra exciting for my in-laws!ย 
    @EmilyE13 Thank you! I canโ€™t believe the last five weeks have finally passed!
  • ๐—˜๐——๐——ย /ย ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ย +ย ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: October 13, 7w6d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†ย ๐—ถ๐˜€ย ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒย ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒย ๐—ผ๐—ณย ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) /ย ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: blueberry!ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ย ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM, had loss in September

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บย ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย  finding out! But not for a bit

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: next one is April 19th, hope to get a US in between then and now but we are traveling a bitย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ย ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒย ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ย ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: so tired! Zero energy this week, I feel like I'm sleeping more than I'm awake.. also, viscous hunger- when it hits, it hits hard. Same thing with sleep, if I need to sleep, I need to sleep right now.. not sure how normal this is?

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: just wish I had more energy, the house is a mess and feeling a bit bummed because I just can't muster the energy to care. My SO is doing alot but it's still pretty badย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: when does energy come back? Does it?ย 

I just started "Bountiful, beautiful, blissful" which is a yoga book for pregnancy and beyond and I'm really enjoying it.

• ๐—˜๐——๐——ย /ย ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ย +ย ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: 8 weeksย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†ย ๐—ถ๐˜€ย ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒย ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒย ๐—ผ๐—ณย ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) /ย ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: raspberry

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บย ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding out

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 3/8..So I will be almost 9 weeks for my 8 week ultrasound. I found out at 4 weeks so this has been the longest 5 weeks of my life.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ย ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒย ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ย ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Good...today anyway. I have nausea/vomiting since week 6 which can really dampen a mood lol. Happy for the good days when they come. Smaller things like bloating, fatigue, acne, dry skin, SMELLS, etc., I can deal with. But the nausea will take me to the bed in a heartbeat.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: During the first trimester when you just look fat and bloated to people but you don't want to say you're pregnant yet. I have already gone up a cup size, and still spilling out. Bloating in boobs, hips, and face/chin(s). I feel like the girl on Willy Wonka.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: When do we start ordering maternity clothes and not the next size up?

• pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited March 2022
    ๐—˜๐——๐——ย /ย ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ย +ย ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: Roughly Oct. 16th/ 7w1d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†ย ๐—ถ๐˜€ย ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒย ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒย ๐—ผ๐—ณย ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) /ย ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: A playing dieย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ย ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM+ this will be my 4th.ย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บย ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: not sure yet. We have two girls and a boy but Iโ€™m such a planner that I like to find out early.ย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: not until 3/21 :(ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ย ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒย ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ย ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: crappy, tired and nauseousย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Hiring cleaners to come every other week has been the best decision we have ever made! We both work from home and it has saved so much time and yeah I think we need to move to weekly haha

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: anyone else struggling to connect with this pregnancy? I keep finding myself talking in an โ€œifโ€ โ€œwouldโ€ context almost as if I donโ€™t expect to make it :( Iโ€™ve never been this way before.ย 

I just finished The Body Keeps the Score. It is so fantastic. It discusses the impact that trauma and stress have on our body and the somatic/physiological responses we have as a result.ย 

Do you listen to Beautiful Anonymous? The latest anonymous caller literally talked about that book! I was so surprised like I JUST read about it in your post and then heard about it on that episode.

Also, Iโ€™m kind of the same way with my pregnancy, but thatโ€™s probably my personality. Itโ€™s my first and I feel like this life really is determined to exist, super determined, so I have a very strange confidence. Still, Iโ€™m talking in hypotheticals.
  • merostomatamerostomata member
    edited March 2022
    ๐—˜๐——๐——ย /ย ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ย +ย ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: 8w3d, EDD Oct 8 :)

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†ย ๐—ถ๐˜€ย ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒย ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒย ๐—ผ๐—ณย ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) /ย ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Raspberry?

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ย ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บย ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out eventually-- I just want to know whether we should keep hanging onto all my daughter's old clothes or give away the super feminine ones.

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: March 11... I'll basically be 10 weeks by thenย  :dizzy: I wish I could just be put out of my misery and get the US already.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ย ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒย ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ย ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Sooooo tired, anxious, bloated, gassy, stuffy-nosed, moody. But I'm hanging in there!

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: My 3yo has been so chatty and silly recently, and has made amazing strides at daycare. She was assessed for selective mutism a year ago because she'd never talk around anyone else but my husband and me, and she's like night and day now. I'm so proud! Also it's getting warmer and it's almost spring-- Feb can go F right off.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Anyone's symptoms change a little around the 8 week point? I'm just as tired but my food aversions/cravings are pretty different, and developed some pretty intense rhinitis.ย 

I just finished Glennon Doyle's "Untamed" on Audiobook and found it really enlightening and inspiring. I could relate a lot to her unconscious need to control things and people around her as an anxiety coping mechanism, but it was funny and helpful to hear how she addressed that. And just like, all the things that she describes women grow up being taught about themselves, sexuality, their bodies, their ambitions.ย 

@hotmessexpress89 yes :/ Every time my husband talks about the baby or our daughter having a sibling, I can't help but make some kind of qualifier like, "we'll see" or "assuming this is a healthy pregnancy." I feel kinda bad about it but I really won't be able to stop until that first US.

@plantlady85 oh it's really up to you! I found it helpful to just wear my most stretchy clothes for awhile, then went straight into maternity as soon as those weren't working. With my first I really tried to make my regular clothes work for as long as possible, but as soon as I bought a few maternity pants I wish I had sooner. It was such a breath of fresh air and they just fit, and I no longer felt like a sausage in too small of a casing. 'Twas glorious. But yeah, maternity pants can actually fit nicely a lot sooner than you might think! I'm wearing some old maternity leggings right now ;)ย 

• @merostomata I definitely had some changes around week 8. My mental energy feels a little better even if my physical energy is still garbage. Suddenly I just want to eat mac n cheese like Iโ€™m a kid! I just want those empty comfort carbs.
  • @hotmessexpress89 yes to house cleaners! Itโ€™s the best money we spend for sureย 

@pangolindrome the fatigue definitely gets better! At least for me. I remember last time I actually felt my best during the 3rd tri haha.ย 

@krthouse nice job on the midterm!

@sandy5693 your OB is probably going to give you all of the information you could ever want but if you are interested in the NT scan I would bring that up because some of my friends were never offered itย 

@gbofo I hope you had a great appointment today!

@melly204 I know some people put a pull up on over underwear in the car so that the kid will still feel wet if they have an accident but you donโ€™t have to constantly clean car seats! I hope he gets back on track soon.ย 

@shortstack930 do you work night shift all the time?? I hope not and that you get back to days soon

@crayolayogini your โ€œhow are you feelingโ€ is basically exactly how Iโ€™m feeling so hopefully it is normal!ย 

@plantlady85 I think whenever you are ready for maternity clothes itโ€™s fair game. I only wear loose tops and elastic waist pants so I have some time for my clothes to be forgiving. If you live somewhere where there are seasons it might make sense to try to hold off until itโ€™s warm so then anything you buy should work for the rest of your pregnancyย 

@merostomata thatโ€™s awesome about your daughters speech! Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s a relief!

๐—˜๐——๐——ย /ย ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ย +ย ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  Oct 18, 7 weeks + 2 days

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†ย ๐—ถ๐˜€ย ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒย ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒย ๐—ผ๐—ณย ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) /ย ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:ย Raspberry

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ย ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บย ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย Finding outย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย 2nd ultrasound next Fridayย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ย ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒย ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ย ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย my nausea has gotten better but Iโ€™m so bloated that itโ€™s uncomfortable. At least with the nausea I could eat and feel better. I guess by body is trying to keep it interestingย ๐Ÿ˜‚. Iโ€™m totally exhausted by the end of the day too. No real complaints though!

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:ย Iโ€™ve been so crazy at work and havenโ€™t been able to participate this week as much as Iโ€™d like. I promise to do better!ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:ย None

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Whatโ€™s your favorite book that youโ€™ve recently read? Where the Crawdads Sing is the last one I really liked, but I read it last year. Going to look up the ones youโ€™ve mentioned to find some gems!

• @crayolayogini I was always super energetic during 2nd trimester, but Iโ€™m dead these days, too.ย 
    @plantlady85 just order the maternity clothes. Theyโ€™re sooo comfy.ย 
    @merostomata Iโ€™m not 8 weeks yet but the rhinitis is getting me something fierce. Iโ€™m constantly blowing my nose.ย 

๐—˜๐——๐——ย /ย ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ย +ย ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: Oct 17/7+3

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜†ย ๐—ถ๐˜€ย ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒย ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒย ๐—ผ๐—ณย ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) /ย ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: uncooked piece of macaroni

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ย ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บย ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ดย ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Next US 3/11

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ย ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒย ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ย ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: I am so exhausted.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Work is extremely stressful right now, and it worries me because obviously stress isnโ€™t good for health or pregnancy. Iโ€™m just trying to calm myself as much as I can, but Iโ€™m under a ton of pressure at the moment ย 

Questions: for anyone else with a Fitbit or other HR tracking device, have you noticed any drops in resting HR? Mine has dropped a bit and after worrying about it (my default reaction) Iโ€™ve googled a bit and seen that around 7-8 weeks some women notice that.ย 

GTKY: I recently read Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe. He was such a terrific writer. Iโ€™ve started on The Right Stuff (also by Wolfe) about the space race, too.ย 

• @EmilyE13 Iโ€™ve had some resting HR drops too. First it was rignt before my 2nd beta and then also the few days leading up to my ultrasound. Both were obviously fine, so Iโ€™m trying to just ignore it now.ย 
  • @bows22 yup Iโ€™ve always been night shift but I am over it! I hope work lightens up for you soon.ย 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• gbofogbofo member
    @bows22 thank you!! It went well.ย 

I also enjoyed Where the Crawdads Sing!