October 2022 Moms

**TW** Bleeding/Spotting/Threatened Loss Support Thread

Re: **TW** Bleeding/Spotting/Threatened Loss Support Thread

• @puffdaddyy (lurking from September) If it is just a chemical, you'll likely get your period within a week.  Honestly, if you have to pay out of pocket, I would wait another week and see if your period shows up before spending money getting betas done.  Based on what you're noting here I would say there is a strong chance you have indeed having a chemical, but it's also still early - within a week either the lines should start getting darker or you'lll likely get your period, so you'll know either way.  When I had a chemical back in November, that's exactly what happened - lines that never got any darker and then eventually went away and I got my period within 2 days.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kboydbowman okay, you’re definitely right. I will wait it out and hopefully get an answer either way by next weekend. Thank you very much :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @tessiesmom26 hoping so hard for a better scan next week. Take care of yourself, friend. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @tessiesmom26 I'll be keeping fingers crossed for you. Absolutely take a break from the board while you do what you need to do during the wait for your own wellness  <3
  • @tessiesmom26 oh no, I’m so sorry you are in limbo. I’ll have everything crossed that you just have a small late implanter. I’ll be thinking about you ❤️❤️
  • @tessiesmom26 thinking of you and take the time you need.  
  • @tessiesmom26 I’m so sorry you’re going through this uncertainty and will keep you in my thoughts. Fingers and toes are crossed for a good result next week. Take good care of yourself and know we are here for you. 
  • @tessiesmom26 so sorry to hear that, I will be praying for you and baby.
  • @tessiesmom26 I’m so sorry you are dealing with this! I hope the next week goes quickly and you get some good news! 
  • Someone give me some good information😩 this morning I pooed in the bathroom and had a little light pink discharge. I pooed after lunch and had the same, but less. I’ve been taking progesterone vaginally for 5 nights now, but it hasn’t bothered me until now. This would be our rainbow baby and my hCG levels have been monitored and we’re rising slowly last week. Next draw is tomorrow morning. I’m expecting the worst. 5w4d btw.

• Hi all,
    yesterday I started having some brown discharge. Not a lot, wasn’t on my underwear, only when I wipe. As I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, when I wiped I had moderate red bleeding with clots. It has been continuing so I am prepared for the worst. I am going to try to call my doctor in the morning to see what to do. 
  • @bumble1995 I really hope your blood draw shows a healthy rise. 
    @irgarcia2022 so sorry you’re going through this. Hopefully the OB will be able to get you in for a scan. There are many reasons for bleeding, and not all are bad. 
  • Crossing my fingers for you bumble1995 and irgarcia. Hope all settles soon and it was false alarms. 
    norcalmom and tessiemom wishing you both great scans this week! 
  • Thinking of you @tessiesmom26! @bumble1995 and @irgarcia2022 sending love to you both right now. 

I continue to get bad low cramping on just my left side.  It is making me so nervous even though it has eased some yesterday and today.   Unfortunately I don’t get to go in for my first appointment until March 21st ugh! Even though I am 8 weeks next week :( just really really hoping everything is fine and it isn’t ectopic. 
  • Also anxiously awaiting the mamas who have follow up scans this week.

@hotmessexpress89 if you’re a STM+ it is likely round ligament pain THIS early. Yep. Especially if you’re on baby 3+. It doesn’t even wait for a heavy bump. However, if it is constant throughout the day and doesn’t change with positional changes, call your nurse line. Who cares that your appt isn’t for another month? In my experience, if I called with concerns or pain they couldn’t rationalize through the phone, they ask me to come in. Especially if you’re 8 weeks+, they’d likely say come in anyway. And if it makes you feel better, I was having a very similar pain- it felt focal to my right ovary area and sometimes super sharp. It would come and go but always in the same spot. Baby is measuring perfect & the nurse agreed— early round ligament pain.
    call to ease your mind. Not worth the stress for 4 weeks 
  • @norcalmom2022 thinking of you and hoping for great news at your ultrasound today. 

@hotmessexpress89 I totally agree with @mckenzc that it sounds like RLP but that you should absolutely not hesitate to call your nurse. I bet they’ll get you in if you’re concerned and in pain. 
  • Update:

I called my OB in the morning yesterday and they advised me to go to the ER. We went to the ER and they took blood tests and then did a transvaginal ultrasound. Just counting from my LMP, I was guessing I was around 6w3d, but they said the gestational sac is measuring 5w. They said the shape of the sac is normal and it would be more of a sign of miscarriage if it was abnormal. My HcG was 844 so all they really told us was that at my first OB appt (March 8) , as long as the sac and hcg has increased 8 days worth of what’s healthy, then we shouldn’t worry. The bleeding has consisted over the past couple of days. It isn’t enough to fill up a pad in 2 hours, but most of the blood and clots come out when I wipe. We are trying to stay positive on the information we were given, but it has been difficult seeing the blood and clots. We would love your prayers as we wait this next week. Praying for you all and your pregnancies as well. 
  • @irgarcia2022 sending you all the prayers and positive thoughts. Fingers crossed the bleeding stops soon so you can get some relief. 
  • Hey girls. I’m 5 weeks and 2 days. I have been bleeding a light and constant flow for 2 days now. First day was brown and watery. Second day (today) is dark red and red mix. Not enough to fill a pad, yesterday maybe a dime sized amount collected in total. Today maybe 2 quarter sized collection in full day. I’m still nauseated and a little crampy. They have me coming in tmrw to recheck bhcg but haven’t offered an US. I’m hoping to god it’s good news
  • @irgarcia2022 they didn’t note a sub chorionic hematoma in the ultrasound at all? If everything else seems normal/acceptable I’d be curious if that would be the source of bleeding. 

I had a SCH with my first and despite the unsettling feeling of seeing blood at every trip to the potty, it is otherwise totally benign and ends up drying up/being reabsorbed. For all those experiencing bleeding, I just hope it’s this! My bleeding happened at 14 weeks (major scary!) but this was all it was and she’s a healthy 4 year old now 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Hoping this is all it is for most of you. They’re apparently very common & almost a guarantee with twin pregnancies (so my doctor said) 
  • Feeling super worried. This is baby and pregnancy #3, I have 2 healthy kiddos. Both were threatened miscarriages, friable cervix (hope I got the word right) I'm supposedly 6 weeks today. I had an appt yesterday, full exam (pelvic and pap) and an transvaginal ultrasound. Only seen gestational sac and yolk sac, no fetal pole. But I was only 5w6d with best estimate (irregular periods and ovulation times)

This morning I went to the lab to do the normal pregnancy labs and urine sample and when I wiped I had some light pink spotting. It persisted until I came home and went to the bathroom again. It has since stopped? But I still have ovary cramping and almost like a pressure/irritation? 

My doctor is super negative and just waiting for a miscarriage to happen. He read the ultrasound in a negative way, no hope. Said we could rescan if I'd like too. This is not the same doctor I used with my first 2 pregnancies. 

I get so anxious and stressed out. I'm an emotional mess 😭 I'm really hoping this isn't a worst case situation. Why are some doctors just so mean? 
  • @mrsramirez50 that pale pink bleeding was moooooost likely from your Pap smear, mama! I just got my pap at my 8week appt and spotted that evening, too. Pale pink and gummy looking. Husband was in the room for the pap and said “yup! That’s exactly what the tools looked like coming out of ya!” 🤣 remember they’re scraping tissue out of your vagina for the lab, it’s normal for some of that residual irritation to come out. Bright red flowing blood tells a different story, but pale pink and it stopping quickly = Pap smear. Deep breaths. 

As for the measurements, go back in 2 weeks when the predicted gestational age would likely lend a more conclusive scan— but with someone else.  get a doctor you feel supported by 🤗 this is about YOU first. 
  • @mckenzc that makes a lot of since and I actually wasn't thinking about the pap being the cause with the scraping and all.. It's been so long since I've been pregnant, 8 years!  And my doctor was obviously no help and forgot to warn me about spotting. My cervix went through a lot yesterday, totally makes sense. Here I am fearing the worst, thank you for being some reassurance! I just took some tylenol and hoping it helps the irritation. 🤞🏻
  • @mckenzc they didn’t mention that at all, but maybe that’s what it is. My PCP called me yesterday since my ER visit was sent to her and she asked if they said anything specific about the placenta. I told her they diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage, while also mentioning a few other outcomes it could be (implantation, leftover blood, period). My pcp told me to call my OB and see if they can get me in before Tuesday since they have a baseline of my pregnancy now. I have an appointment scheduled on Friday now for a sonogram and blood test with my OB. So thankfully getting in a few days early to get some answers. 
  • @tessiesmom26 I'm so sorry to hear this news. I was wondering what happened. Wishing you and your family comfort during this time. Thanks for all of your contributions to starting this community, it really means a lot.  Hope to see you around soon <3 
  • @tessiesmom26 I’m so incredibly sorry this is happening. I know you will be in good hands on TTGP when you are ready to go back there. Take care of yourself ❤️
  • @tessiesmom26 I’m so incredibly sorry. Been checking this thread specifically for your update & was feeling so hopeful. I hate this for you. Hoping for peace over your decisions and a healthy body going forward. Take care of yourself, mama. 
  • @tessiesmom26 Praying for you and your family during this time. We all appreciate your activity and support you’ve provided everyone in this group. 
  • @tessiesmom26 I’m so sorry. I’ve been thinking of you. Please take the time you need to take care of yourself. I so appreciate everything you did in this community. 💜
  • @tessiesmom26 I’m so very sorry you’re going through this. You’ve been such a supportive friend on here, and I hate that you got this news. Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way. Take good care of yourself, and I really hope to see you on another BMB soon!
  • @tessiesmom26 I’m so sorry, friend. I was truly hoping for a good update from you. I’m just a PM away if you ever need to chat  <3
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @tessiesmom26 I'm so very sorry, mama. Thank you for everything you've done to help establish this group and I'm sending all the good vibes for if/when you plan to try again 💕💕💕
  • @tessiesmom26 I'm so sorry, I'm sending positive thoughts to you and you're family in this difficult time. 💕
  • My spotting picked up again this morning. Then stopped when I laid down and took it easy. Got up and tried to clean and I had more light pink discharge, this time it actually leaked into my panties. I am still REALLY trying to stay positive but it is hard. I'm scared to death and the doctor just says to go to the ER if it turns into actual blood. 😭😭 
  • @tessiesmom26 I don’t know if you can turn off notifications for individual posts but you can turn them off in general for ones you’ve started:

https://forums.thebump.com/profile/preferences
  • edited March 2022
    ❤️ sending love and prayers to everyone in limbo. 

I’ve previously had two CPs since staying TTC in June. Pregnant now, 7w6d, had an ultrasound at 6w4d and saw gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole. Had follow up scan 7w4d and was really hoping for an end to the uncertainty, but was another unclear result. This time there was a fetal pole but only 6.1mm and we could visualize a heartbeat, but it was not strong/clear enough to get a quantitative measurement of the rate. So now I go back in on Monday. Feels like slowly kicking the football down the field, but feeling clueless as to what it all means, and what the chances of a good outcome are. So very tired.
  • Hi everyone - longtime lurker, first time poster here.

I took a shower earlier today and noticed a good amount of dark brown discharge. I’ve not had any cramping or really any other “scary” symptoms. There’s barely any coloring on the TP when I wipe, but if I get “hands on” down there (TMI lol?) there’s definitely more of the dark brown, and sticky discharge. Based on LMP, I’m 7w5d today and haven’t been to the doctor yet. This is my first pregnancy.

I’m just spiraling a little bit and over analyzing if my boobs hurt less, if my morning sickness was better at all today, etc. I don’t know if I’m looking for advice or opinions, but I do know I needed to vent a lil bit.