September 2022 Moms

UO 2/24

What unpopular opinions do you want to share this week?

Unpopular Opinions Unpopular Opinions  by Nicole Cooper  Medium
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: UO 2/24

• Okay here’s mine… I really dislike mashed potatoes. I’ve politely tried “excellent” homemade recipes at many a holiday dinner, but every time I think they are a waste of stomach space! 

• I don’t like breakfast potatoes! So funny. I like mashed, I like fries, I like jojo’s, but I don’t want them in the squares and served at breakfast. Good thing DH loves them, so he gets mine every time! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't like baked potatoes! They're my least favorite formulation of potato.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• I hate avocados
  • @mamamoomoo12 omg same!! I want to like them but I just don’t. 
  • I hate watching movies. I'll watch TV shows all day long, but I have a weird aversion to movies. I tolerate kids' movies better than adult movies, which I suppose is a good thing under the circumstances.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• I like avocados, but there's such a narrow line between unripe and dead.  You have like one day to eat them at the perfect consistency.
    Current pregnancy -

• I hate most pasta. I'll eat stuffed pasta, but won't touch spaghetti, or Ziti, or any other type of noodle. Give me ravioli or stuffed shells any time though. 
  • whitta1015whitta1015 member
    edited February 2022
    @kboydbowman Agreed on the baked potatoes. I'll eat them, but they're definitely my least favorite form of potato. 

Mu u/o is I loooove Taco Bell. I know, I know. So unhealthy, probably questionable, and not real mexican, but it's so dang satisfying when I want something quick and cheap. 
  • @whitta1015 Taco Bell is my guilty pleasure! And if you eat the right things there, it's actually a lot healthier than many of the other fast food options. I looked into that a lot during WW, and they're way better than most of the other chains.
    DD 10/2019
  • Yuummmm Taco Bell! I eat fast food because it's quick and good even though I often don't feel good after😅 but the next time I always manage to have convinced myself that I'll probably feel just fine after. Panada Express is also really good even though it probably falls in the same category as Taco Bell with being unauthentic food for where it's "from".
  • @whitta1015 I love Taco Bell too!!! There was a week straight that I was craving it every single day. 
  • Glad I'm not the only one! My guiltiest pleasure there is the cinnamon twists. :love:
  • Love Taco Bell! It’s apparently a common factor of both pregnancies so far of being the consistent craving. 😂
  • I used to love Taco Bell until they took away all their chicken items except for a handful of the shredded chickens.  I used to love something called a chicken fiesta burrito.  Their beef looks like cat food to me. :(
    Current pregnancy -

• @jhysmath I don't think I've ever met someone who didn't like pasta. wowwwww. I'll eat yours :)
  • @theblondebump
    only if you share
    Current pregnancy -

• @theblondebump my BIL hates it too. I think for both of us it comes from being forced to eat out as children. His family has a great story when he was about 10 being forced to eat it and he filled up the inside of his jacket with it and got caught going to dump it in the toilet. I don't care for the texture of it. I love noodles in soup, and that drives my husband bonkers that I'm selective in my pasta hating. 
  • Joining the Taco Bell fan club over here...though it doesn't sound appealing right this moment. @jhysmath I don't understand the pasta thing at all...I would live off of it if I could!
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• I found a UO this week!