1st Trimester
Options

Brown discharge at 9 weeks

I am currently 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my second. For the past 1.5 weeks there has been brown discharge every time I wipe. I have my first prenatal appointment tomorrow and really scared. I never had a miscarriage and worried about the brown discharge. I don't have any cramps and no foul odor. Is this normal?

Re: Brown discharge at 9 weeks

• Options
    I am sorry this is happening to you.  I am glad that you have an appointment tomorrow and will hopefully get some answers.  If you ever get concerned, feel free to call the nurses line for your Dr. They should be able to tell you what to look out for and when to be concerned.  

During my pregnancy, I had similar symptoms to yours from 5weeks until almost 20 weeks.  At my 10 week appt, they found a cyst which was causing it.  My Dr wasn't concerned about it and said that it can be normal due to increased hormones.  I went on to have a normal pregnancy and my son was born on his due date.   

Wishing you the best! 
  • Options
    Brown is old blood.  It could be from having sex that irritated the cervix, you could have a subchronich hematoma that could be slowly bleeding, it could be nothing, or it could be something.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tlynn1222tlynn1222 Just Joined
    This is currently happening to me. I am 10 weeks and 2 days. I’ve been battling it for about 2 weeks now. My doctor diagnosed me with Friable cervix. I have had previous issues with bleeding after sex and breakthrough bleeding randomly in my cycle. Good thing is is causes no concern during pregnancy. It can be also because of so many hormones to the area