July 2022 Moms

Ultrasounds

Re: Ultrasounds

• @stardustskies I'm not sure I want a 3D ultrasound of my kid. They're always a little creepy. What if their photo gives me nightmares? :joy:

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @stardustskies haha I see a smiling skeleton! 😆 pretty cute!
  • Loading the player...
  • @savannahml Cute pics! Might want to crop out personal info, though. ☺️
  • @tuxielove93 is that an alien coming out of his chest? 🤣🤣 Jk I know it's his arm.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 lol I know the 3D ones are always weird! But I also thought his face was cute... maybe its only because he's mine though XD
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I was completely in the 3D ultrasounds are weird and creepy camp until we had one last time and it's so cool to see the little details. It's pretty cool to see even their tiny little fingers and facial features in detail. I'm kind of hoping that we get a 3d ultrasound today. 
  • @tuxielove93 @thegeekymom or other STMs, are there certain places that do 3d ultrasounds? Is it just based on what technology the hospital or clinic has? Do you usually have an option? Our ultrasound will be at the biggest hospital in our area, but not sure what they have there. 
  • @zinnia19 With my first kid, we only got 2d ultrasounds at the ob office. This time around I paid out of pocket for a 3d ultrasound with a company called Stork Vision. Basically for those who want more ultrasounds or want to know the sex at 16 weeks instead of waiting for the 20 week anatomy scan.
  • @zinnia19 I never had a 3D until this pregnancy. And now I’ve had one every time 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m guessing some places just don’t have the technology? I haven’t gone searching for them so I’m not totally sure. 
    If you really want one, I think they recommend 28 weeks as the best time. That’s when baby has some fat going on so they look like a real baby but they aren’t so squished that you can’t see them anymore. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @zinnia19 with my first kiddo my place i think could do the 3d ones but they were an extra fee (and it was a lot) so we didn't do them. my office now doesn't offer them but there's a stand alone place in town that you can do them for about $100 - we may do one there for fun and because my husband isn't allowed at any of my OB appointments and he could go there
  • sagieann7sagieann7 member
    edited February 2022
    @tuxielove93
    So cute we go in for our anatomy scan next week at the same place actually. So excited. :)
  • @novaghost99 we almost were going to need to go back but the tech had me use the bathroom and then tried the vaginal probe to get one of the head scans she needed because his head was also weirdly tucked in there towards my right hip. After that she went back to the abdominal probe since he had shifted and got the rest on the head/brain she needed.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Just had our anatomy scan and found out we are having a girl! She is perfectly healthy and actually measuring a week ahead. 
  • @runnergirl2018 I don’t remember them checking my cervix in the other ones, but the tech did this times. Not internal though, she was able to do it externally. Its possible I just don’t remember because I didn’t have an issue though. But everything was totally normal and she checked it anyways so I wouldn’t freak out 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @inthewoods23 yeah our tech tried having me use the bathroom, go for a walk, and laying on my side and he was like not happening. I'm not too upset about having to get another one as I've been extremely anxious!
  • @runnergirl2018 I’ve never had that done but my girlfriend who’s an RN said that an internal scan is the best/most accurate way to check the length of the cervix and was surprised my OB office doesn’t do internal scans at 20 weeks. I’m not sure if my OB has changed their practice on that or not. I hope they do or at least check me because I’ve continued to have spotting.
  • @sunshineandlemons so interesting! i didn't question it, although i wish i had to at least ask why for understanding, it was just sort of like, this is what we do at the 20 week appointment here kind of thing and then when I had my feedback from the OB they didn't comment on it so i'm assuming all looked fine

• We had our anatomy scan today and it did not come with great news. 
    Our baby boy did not develop a right hand. He has an arm and all bones but no hand. 

I have marginal cord insertion as well so I am being referred to a high risk dr for extra monitoring. 

We weren’t able to see his spine or all of his brain because of his position.. he was being super stubborn he was moving a lot but wouldn’t change position enough to where we could see it.. so they will check all of this at the high risk appt next week. Other than that they said all other limbs were perfect and his heart looked good. 

Today has been really tough for me I am a wreck. I am just worried how he will be treated by others for looking different. I am also going to stress about brain spine and nuchal until we can see it and confirmed to be fine. 
  • @francesgs I'm so sorry for the news. I agree with @peppylilfoxy that kids don't make big deals out of things like adults do. There was a girl at my elementary school who didn't have most of her left arm (I don't know if it was that way at birth or amputated). I think she had half of an upper arm and she was never treated any different. In fact I think she was pretty talented in soccer!

I doubt he will have that much limitation with only 1 hand. Also lefties are pretty awesome people 😊
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @francesgs Big hugs, mama. You go ahead and feel anything you need to feel right now. I know he will be loved no matter what. 
  • @francesgs ditto what @stardustskies said. Big hugs and sending you lots of love. ❤️ 

Also, his side profile is just adorable! Look at those cheeks! 🥰 Sooo cute!
  • @francesgs I'm sorry that you got some jarring news, and I hope your follow up scan comes back clear.  He is absolutely adorable.  I agree with others that kids these days seem to be super understanding, but completely understand why you'd worry about him.  Hang in there.  
  • babypm22babypm22 member
    edited February 2022
    Hi, first time mother here and new to this forum. This is my little peanut at 13 weeks during my NT scan. Not sure if he/she is sticking out their tongue..? Lol. Or if that’s just facial parts? Anyone more experience in this know what that thick white parts on the face are? Is it the jaw, cheekbones or tongue or something else?? If its the tongue I’m a bit concern for its size. I haven’t seen an US yet with that much of a pronounced facial detail. Still waiting for blood tests results to support nt scan but so far according to my doctor nt scan is within normal range. Nt ultrasound shows baby was active (shown on this US, baby’s arms were flapping crazily) and measuring exactly from the predicted due date.

I had a bit of a scare last month a week after the scan when I felt intense cramping and felt a bit unwell. A couple of weeks ago I was also spotting. I talked to her about it during last weeks appointment in which she said, it does happen at times but doppler shows baby’s heartbeat is still healthy at approx 150bpm. But I still can’t feel the baby move. I’m 19 weeks today. I cant wait for my 20week US to make sure all is well. I really wish they’d do ultrasound every appointment for reassurance as this waiting games can be a bit stressful especially for first time mothers with little experience.
  • @francesgs I’m so sorry for the news. Please take care of yourself through this and just keep in mind that Prosthetic technology has come a really long way! Your boy is going to be perfect and loved just the way he is 

@babypm22 I am not an ultrasound tech and no one here is. It would be best to ask the tech and doctor what things are, and if there was anything concerning they would have told you. 
    That said, I’m pretty sure that’s the jaw bone. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @tuxielove93 I’m pretty sure its the jaw bone as well. I forgot to ask last appointment so I was wondering if anyone here had an idea. I was curious more than anything. Though concern sometimes, every appointment so far shows baby is still doing well inside. So keeping positive its just me being a normal paranoid momma. I can’t wait for the 20week scan so I can see baby with more details :)
  • @francesgs Sending you big hugs. I’m so sorry for the news you had today. Allow yourself to feel all the feels. It’s shocking news. But just like everyone said, he is already an incredibly beautiful boy. He will be loved so fiercely.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @francesgs Big hugs to you! That's a lot of news to let sink in at once.  I hope you get some positive news at the high risk doc next week to help.  
    I have MCI as well and just that piece brings a lot of stress and anxiety for me.