How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check In w/o 2/21

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 25th / 22w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Check up Wednesday

How are you feeling?: Same as last week. Abdominal pain and extreme exhaustion. Ob and I settled on it being round ligament pain and will discuss further at my appointment.

Rants/Raves: Starting with positive. One of my favorite people is back from maternity leave! It’s really nice to have her to talk to about all this stuff. Feeling really fortunate for the friends I’ve made as I pushed myself to extend my social network.
    On the negative side, I felt so terrible today that as soon as I got to the office I closed my door and cried. I went through with yoga and my lifting workout this weekend. Got a walk in because it was so nice out. But I’m paying for it now. I’m also frustrated that once again DH double booked himself when we had marriage counseling last week. At some point my calendar has to matter in all this too. I like to have my plan set for the week but I can’t do that if he isn’t making the effort to stick to it.

Questions: Anyone else get the recommendation to use a heating pad for abdominal pain? I swear my ob recommended it if I need it but then last night the internet told me no. I went with using it on low heat with frequent cool off breaks and stopped after about 30 cumulative minutes of use.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 1st/ 25w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: glucose test tomorrow.

How are you feeling?: I developed horrible pain in my crotch. I've had it at night for a while now but I would more describe it as uncomfortable. I put it off to pressure from the baby. Well this Saturday it got so bad I could barely walk. I woke up a million times during the night because every little movement hurt. It felt slightly better sunday but got bad again at night. Feels again better today but I'm worried it will just get worse. Not sure if this a form of RLP it kinda feels like the pain is attached to my abdomen. I'm going to discuss with my doctor tomorrow.

Rants/Raves: see answer above...

Questions:anyone else experience the crotch pain like this? any advice to help relieve some pain?

@pinkkillersheep sorry you are still dealing with the pain. My sisters obgyn recommended the heating pad for her too. It seems odd but if it helps i would keep using it for short periods of time. My sister said it helped her a good bit. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ournextadventure Do you think it’s your pelvic floor? I know those muscles end up being under significant strain just like the rest of the abdomen. I don’t have the best advice; in all this I’ve just been trying to do breathing exercises and focusing on actively relaxing the muscles. 
  • Options
    @pinkkillersheep I considered it but when i googled it it refers to the area between vagina and anus and that isn't where i feel the pain at all... it still could be because a lot of the movements they talk about hurting hurts for me. I'm for sure going to see if my doctor has any suggestions because I cant take 15 more weeks of this.
  • Options
    @ournextadventure see if pubic symphysis distinction pain fits the description. It’s not fun. 
  • Options
    @ournextadventure disfunction not distinction, oof. 
  • Options
    @fluetling for sure sounds more closely like it. especially the rolling over in bed part. that is so painful for me right now. Did you have this? 
  • Options
    @ournextadventure yep. It really kicked in right before Christmas. I go to physical therapy for it. It helps but it can feel so debilitating. Rolling over in bed and for me sitting on the floor and getting off the floor with my toddler are the things that are hardest. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 23+1

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Glucose test and additional ultrasound because I had Covid coming up

How are you feeling?: I feel cute today. Which has nothing to do with pregnancy and everything to do with curly hair drying how I wanted it to.
    Pregnancy wise, I am sore from trying to push my way through the exhaustion this weekend. Everything hurts but not enough that I’m not at work. 

Rants/Raves: rant; I have several doctor’s appointments lined up that had to be rescheduled because of Covid, but now I’m far enough along in pregnancy that my symptoms can all be chalked up to pregnancy. So I haven’t even had the appointments and I feel like they’re not going to be helpful and I’ll need to redo them at a later date. 

Questions: nope. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 24w today!  Can't believe how being on the other side of 20 weeks makes me feel like this baby is coming soon...

Upcoming Appointments or Results: glucose test on Wed.

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good now that most of my Covid symptoms are gone.  Still a little congested but the humidifier helps a lot!  I am experiencing swelling in my ankles now so I need to remember to put my feet up at some points during the day.

Rants/Raves: I am obsessed with feeling this little girl move around, it's the most amazing thing!  I'm also feeling much more comfortable in my body and actually feeling really beautiful pregnant!

Questions:  I have so many questions for my OB who I will see on Wed.  Most of them are birth plan related.  How did you guys who have already given birth know all the questions that you need to have an answer for before going to give birth?  Like do I want an episiotomy, do I want to delay cord cutting, etc?  I know it's a personal choice for all, but I'm more overwhelmed by knowing all the right questions, not even knowing all the right answers lol.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 26, 22w1d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Monthly appointment this Thursday

How are you feeling?: Today I'm pretty low energy, but overall I've been feeling pretty good. Some minor low back pain if I stand too long or overdo it, but could be a lot worse. 

Rants/Raves: Rants: I want sweet things all the time. I've graduated from wanting fruit 24/7 to wanting all the junk food. Trying my hardest to stop this trend but literally nothing else appeals. Also, I'm participating in a research trial involving sleep apnea in pregnant women. Turns out I have mild apnea, and I was randomized to the study arm so I got a free cpap to use. Really struggling with getting used to it but I know it's best for me and baby... But ugh so hard. Definitely kicking myself for not having that nose job to fix my deviated septum before I got pregnant - because breathing through my nose with the pregnancy congestion is so hard and I know that's a big part of this whole thing. Rave: My best friend is a fairly well known interior designer and she volunteered to donate her design services and team for our nursery/playroom project as a gift to her future "niece". I'm so grateful and excited to see how it turns out. Now to bug my husband about the budget... 

Questions: None. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25 weeks on Wednesday

FTM/STM/TTM+: Third

Upcoming Appointments or Results:  nothing for awhile. Glucose test in a few weeks.

How are you feeling?: My nausea has returned at night.  Wtf world.

Rants/Raves: Rave- the weather was SO NICE yesterday and today.  We made it outside to play and go on walks.  It was so refreshing and gave me hope for spring.

Questions: none

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6/17, 23w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Quick appointment next week and then the glucose test 

How are you feeling?:  Back and forth between great and big, sore, and exhausted

Rants/Raves: Rant: DD2, who is a threenager, was so difficult and moody this morning she made me cry. 

Questions: nope

@pinkkillersheep Sorry your DH isn't being awesome with respecting your time and schedule.  I've had a melt down about my schedule with DH several times over the years. 

@fluteling high five for feeling cute!

@shoarmie99 I didn't really have much of a birth plan other than epidural and get the baby out safely.  I think I knew how my doctor and her practice felt on intervention from questions I had been asking at each appointment and information my doctor had gone over. I just put my trust in them.  I think it helps that they are almost all women and young so I didn't feel like I was going to get talked into any "old school" methods.

@hillies22 Ugh!  Deviated septum over here too!  It's like we're congestion twins!  And my sinuses have really been acting up lately which is making matters even worse.  I'm over it!  

@bww_0331 Getting some nice weather and getting outside for walks lately has been amazing for my mental health
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  June 19. 23 w 2 d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: glucose test and routine checkup on 1/28. 

How are you feeling?: it depends on the hour. 

Rants/Raves: the baby registry is still overwhelming me. Thankfully I found a few more things from when I had my son that I thought I had gotten rid of but it’s just all so overwhelming. 

Questions: nope 

• Options
    @KFrob +1 for the threenager angst. The struggle is real, but so is the joy??? Parenting is so weird.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 6/10, 24w4d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: 2 appts last week fortunately, a reprieve for a few weeks before GD test, OBGYN check up and another MFM appt

How are you feeling?: Feeling fine most of the time. My obgyn said she would rather see me over-do it than under-do it, so I'm taking that as liberty to be as active as I want and push through the sciatic pain that rears its head from time to time. 

Rants/Raves: Our 3 year old is in her third preschool covid quarantine of 2022! Hooray! She interrupted my call with the relationship management team of my banking partners in the Middle East and the global RM team in the US to let them know that mommy has a baby in her belly but she can't walk yet because she's only thiiiiiiiis big, but she will help her to walk "once she's borned". So glad the call was with the Middle East specifically considering they are at the forefront of women's rights and totally would understand why my 3 y/o came into my office during my very important call. Also took a sip of my coffee to find out it was chock full of coffee grinds. Winning today!

Questions: N/A
  • Options
    @idreamofginny Right!? DH said to me this morning “why do we miss them so much when they go to bed?”.  Also, your whole story made me lol.  I work in Global health insurance and have a Middle Eastern client who’s rather difficult since the whole team they deal with is female. I can’t imagine… Our daycare just decided to drop masks on March 1 and I’m thrilled to see how this plays out and how fast we have to quarantine.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 9 - 24w5d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: routine checkup March 3

How are you feeling?: A lot more tired!

Rants/Raves:  I can no longer stand or walk for long period of time, cus it kills my back! on Saturday I went to the mall, was there for 3 hours (standing/walking) when I tried getting off the car, I could barely walk straight! 

Questions: n/a
  • Options
    Tulips29Tulips29 member
    edited February 2022
    Work has been crazy so I haven't had a chance to read everyone's updates and hope to get to them later today. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 22w6d (can't believe I hit 6 months officially tomorrow!)

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Anatomy scan last week went well. Next MFM appt is in a week and then glucose test in 2 weeks. 

How are you feeling?: Tired, large, same old. 

Rants/Raves: Rave - We went to see DH's best friends this weekend and it was just so nice and chill and relaxing. Weather was great, so we got some fresh air in. 
    Rant - I was running errands over the weekend and took went to Ikea for a few things. I don't know if I overdid it with walking around (I was there for like 1.5 hours max), but I got this insane cramp on my left side as soon as I got into the car. It freaked me out a bit, it was so sharp, I was driving back and yelping out to myself in pain. Pulled over at a gas station to come outside, stretch my legs, walk it off and it seemed to subside once I got home. I don't know what it was but I never experienced this before. Someone suggestion I may have been dehydrated, so I don't know if that's a thing. I haven't felt it since thankfully and baby is moving around, so I didn't call my OB in the moment but will definitely ask next time. 

Questions: Maybe more of a random thread question, but anyone have tips for organizing kids clothing in closets and drawers? I have 2 kiddos in 1 room and need to move my DD's clothing over to her brother's room so I can free up the nursery closet for the baby stuff. Just wondering if anyone has good tips for maximizing on drawer/shelf space for like tshirts/shorts/pants/etc. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 9th / 24 weeks 6 days

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Had heartbeat check today and picked up my glucose drink for next month.

How are you feeling?: Sciatica, wake up a lot at night, acid reflux

Rants/Raves: Since I had a c section last time, they gave me consent forms to sign with all these warnings of stuff that could happen if I have a VBAC and what could happen if I have a repeat c section.

Questions:  None

@Tulips29 I am glad your anatomy scan went well.

@pinkkillersheep I hope you were able to reschedule and that he doesn't double book this time.

@KFrob Hope you had a better day today.
  • Options
    @Tulips29 I could use tips on organizing too!  Right now we have in DD1 and DD2 in one room, When SD is here she’s with them too. DD3 is in her own. We’re going to move SD out to her own room when DD4 is born.  We still have DD2’s clothes in DD3’s room. The whole thing is a disorganized disaster.  We ordered another dresser for the “big kid” room but it’s back ordered.  My need to nest is killing me and I feel like I need a thousand baskets and 100 hours to get it in order.  
  • Options
    @Tulips29 I love organizing. I actually help people with this as a hobby. For kids clothes I find the best method is to add a second rod in your closet if that's possible. This is great to have more space to hang. I like to hang basically all shirts and dresses because it seems to cause less mess. For dressers I love using these dresser dividers. Then using the marie kondo folding method. But honestly the best thing you can do for yourself is to get rid of items that are not needed. A child does not need 15 pairs of pants pick a number and stick with it. I have a rule for my daughter that she keeps 4 pairs of jeans and 5 pairs of leggings. Now of course we have the cute complete outfits but those are in her closet and don't count towards the pant count but towards the outfit count. I've attached a picture below to show you something to similar that a friend did. With this method she was able to store 3 kids clothes in one dresser and one smaller closet. Hope this helps. 
  • Options
    @ournextadventure I would kill for this closet! 
  • Options
    @ournextadventure @KFrob oh I agree, I would love this closet! We had custom shelving done inside both kid room closets, so now it's figuring one how to fit both kids into 1 closet and so far 1 dresser. I think boy stuff is easier to fold/store, I just need a method to the madness. The closet we have has sliding doors, so I can't fit those door organizers like in that picture, which would have been awesome. Here's a photo of the empty closet for reference (2 pics showing the view behind each sliding door side)...big units have a rod for hanging things, the rest is shelving. If you have any tips, I will gladly take them! :smile:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Tulips29 I love your closets as well!  My one tip is like @ournextadventure I use those small shoe box sized Steralite bins to divide stuff in drawers and use the Maria Kondo folding method.
  • Options
    ok, finally have a chance to go through the posts and respond to everyone

@pinkkillersheep I had RLP my entire last pregnancy. I hope your pain and discomfort feels better! 
    @ournextadventure I don't have crotch pain, but I do get pressure down there, especially later in the day. I just try not to overdo it, but no other solution unfortunately. 
    @fluteling I hope you're able to have all your appointments done! And so true, everything could be chalked up to pregnancy (congestion, nausea, fatigue...you name it). 
    @shoarmie99 glad covid is behind you! I had no birth plan honestly, maybe because I had a scheduled C with my first so I didn't even think of anything else. From what I've heard, you just need to be prepared that any plan you want/think you'll have may go out the window. Happened with a lot of my friends due to a number of factors. Hopefully your doctor can provide answers to all the questions to help you feel more at ease when it's go time.
    @hillies22 that's so nice of your friend to do! Please post pics once she has it done! 
    @bww_0331 ugh, why does nausea have to come back this "late" in the game! You'd think it'd be behind you now. Hope it goes away soon!
    @KFrob omg the threenage years are truly the worst! I always said terrible twos had nothing on the threenage years for my son. My daughter is 2 now, so everything is starting to become a battle and you just can't predict her mood on any given day. I'm afraid for 3! I hope it gets easier for you! You're not alone in this! 
    @marionberry19 hope the glucose test goes well for you!
    @idreamofginny ugh, I'm sorry for the daycare quarantine! Your daughter interrupting the call I'm sure wasn't what you wanted, but she sounds adorable! 
    @mamaheidy2 I'm with you on the walking around. I went to ikea for 1.5 hours and felt like I needed half a day to recuperate afterwards. 
    @romeoandjuliet146 ugh the wakeups! I'm also back to nightly wakeups where I can't fall asleep for at least an hour. I hope we get to sleep soon! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Tulips29 I actually think this is super nice set up. the key is you will never be able to fit an unlimited amount of stuff into a small space so first thing would be to go through the clothes and see if there is a certain type of item you have too much of. Like sort everything out by style. Put short sleeve tshirts here, long sleeves here, then nicer tops here and so forth. then you can have an easy idea of how much of each item you have. Once that is done try to eliminate as much as what would be practical for your family. 
    After that I would then buy clear plastic bins to put on those shelves. Something you and your kiddos can easily just pull out and see what is in each one. I would fold Marie Kondo style within those bins. I have added an image of some I just used on a friends closet and we loved how it turned out. She was able to fit so much into a small space with these. Also the bottom storage would hold things I want my kids to have easy access to and up high would be things they don't need to be able to get on their own. I think it actually looks like a decent amount of space to work with as long as you aren't keeping a lot of extra clothes. 
  • Options
    @KFrob @ournextadventure thank you for the tips! Now to get some energy, send kids off to grandparents and have some uninterrupted time to reorganize everything 😆 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Tulips29 getting the time is the biggest challenge!