August 2022 Moms

WTF Wednesday

What is making you say WTF today?? Or tomorrow… figure we can use a new vent thread

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • @mdfarmchick YES to all of this! Last year, I got married and I obviously wanted to look my best on my wedding day. My fiance at the time spent many hours working out and obviously I got toned and skinnier. They even commented on it then! "Getting skinny for the big day?" No, I want to be a healthier verison of me and it's time for my future spouse and I to do something we enjoy together. UGH. 
  • @Karissa764 omg that sucks. Hope your ride gets better! 
  • @Karissa764 one pro tip… noise canceling headphones. I now take them on every road trip for when the kids are getting on my very last nerve. Worth every penny. 
  • @paytonpedro not petty at all. I would be upset if I just wanted to do something special for my kid and it got messed up. I’m sorry, that’s a bummer.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @paytonpedro that is super annoying about the balloon. And I wish a doctor would mention acne to me… just why would you even bring that up??
  • edited February 2022
    @paytonpedro Even this is not okay!! I'm loving @and_peggy 's motto of "When in doubt, shut your mouth!!" And also didn't we all learn that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?

AND totally not petty. All WTFs count!! What a bummer for DS1. 
  • @mdfarmchick by doctor I mean veterinarian, so it’s not even like it was mentioned with a remedy or something in mind. 😑 It caught me so off guard I was just like “yeah haha” 😑😑😑
  • @paytonpedro aww that is a silver lining. ♥️
  • @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 MH hates my pregnancy pillow because it takes up so much room, but I'm pretty sure that when I leave for work, he grabs it and uses it.
  • Hb a wtf Thursday? My dentist couldn’t get me in until the end of March, so I got in with a (very expensive) dentist this morning for a filling I lost on Monday.  They couldn’t do anything today because it’s so close to the root and I’m at a 50/50 chance I’m going to need a $1700 root canal 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 what the actual F***. Literally sobbing. 
  • @paytonpedro that is the worst. I’m so sorry. FWIW whenever I’ve been faced with that situation I tell them to try the filling anyway and if doesn’t work for me I’ll come back. I have some very large fillings bc of it. 
  • @paytonpedro ahhh that sucks. Will they try the filling like wiggly suggested??
  • @paytonpedro oh no! I'm so sorry. That is a ridiculous price for a root canal (pretty sure I paid less to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed last year). Any option to do the filling first? Or see if you can schedule the root canal with your regular dentist?
  • @paytonpedro uugghhh dentistry stuff is always so stressful! I'm so sorry. Are you in pain at all? That makes it so much worse. I hate how expensive this necessary work is! Makes it inaccessible to so many people.

@brittanynmorris glad someone else is annoyed about the belly size comments. My MIL makes them constantly and I wanna clobber her through the phone. I send bump pics to our family group chat and she always says "WOW you're getting BIG BIG BIG." Um stop please? No matter how far along a pregnant woman is, she never wants to hear that. Ever. I'm 16 weeks and feel like I'm very normal sized for 16 weeks. Even my doc says it's a small bump. I wanna scream at her "I'm not BIG! You have no idea what BIG is, do you?! SHUT UP." That might be my hormones but still...stop commenting on women's bodies!!! 

End of Rant.
  • @starkette @brittanynmorris absolutely! Size or weight. Had my mom over for dinner on Sunday and she was commenting on my letter board that I've been updating with the baby's estimated size and my cravings (which admittedly are sometimes more of what I'm eating that week not exactly cravings). So far I've listed a lot of junk food, like Doritos and Oreos, so my mom commented about how I should try to keep weight gain at a minimum. My mom has always been very slim, and she told me she only gained 19 pounds with both of her pregnancies. I told her despite the added junk food to my diet and belly growth, I actually haven't gained anything since the first few weeks. I started thinking about it more, but 19 pounds is a good bit under what is recommended for someone her size. My sister and I were both healthy babies in the end, I was about 6.5lbs, but she was about 4.5lbs. Anyway, people, including parents, should not be commenting on our size or weight gain. Every pregnancy is different.

• @starkette no pain thank God!! Maybe a tiny bit sensitive, but no pain at all. Mostly just annoying and I can’t chew on that side, which is my dominant chewing side. 
  • @paytonpedro with you on the hating mouths and teeth thing. Hopefully you can just get by with the filling! Pro tip, shared with me by my favorite hygienist ever: get nitrous if you can. I dunno if it pregnancy safe, but it’s WORTH IT to not have an anxiety attack in the dentist chair, and it helps with my gag reflex too. 

I too have a WTF Thursday. I think I’ve mentioned about my devil car. I’ve been trying to remember to video it doing the devil thing since December and have failed to do so… until today when the starter just flat-out died when I was going to lunch. I had to have the cursed thing towed to the Honda dealership. And then, after the tow truck got there, MH finally texted me back and said “call the insurance, they’ll get roadside assistance to tow it to Honda.” Which would have saved me whatever the tow is adding to the repair bill, if I’d remembered we had roadside assistance. Luckily Honda has the starter in stock. Fingers crossed I’m still under warranty. (I don’t think I am though. Ugh.) And I was JUST TELLING IT how pretty and great it was, and it goes and does this to me?! Rude, car. R U D E. 😂

• @mangoandguava I was told today I can’t have the laughing gas 😭😭
    Ugh I’m sorry you’re having car troubles. It’s right up there with teeth problems! Ugh why universe?!?
  • mangoandguavamangoandguava member
    edited February 2022
    @paytonpedro I tried to gif-t you a Michael Scott for the no-nitrous bs but the gif was broken. It wouldn’t move. Rude. 

• @paytonpedro oh noooooo!!!! I will not get any more root canals. I have had 3 go bad on me, crowns fall off, all that crap. Just rip the dang tooth out. I don't care how bad it looks, I can't handle the chances of them going bad on me. I just have bad teeth. I'm so sorry you're going through that.

@mangoandguava the devil car. Rude. I'm mad for you.