October 2022 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in 2/24

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Re: PGAL check-in 2/24

• Options
    Weeks/EDD? 4 weeks 5 days, 10/29

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MC in November at 5 weeks

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally I'm okay. This is right when I started MC last time so that's a little stressful but physically I feel like such crap with morning sickness that it's making me feel better mentally because I didn't have any of these symptoms last time. I won't feel more calm until I have that first ultrasound. 

Any appointment updates? Repeat beta yesterday doubled from previous so my RE is comfortable not bringing me in until the first ultrasound. Great news but I hate not knowing what's going on.

Any big milestones? Nope.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I told a few close people at work which was definitely the right thing to do because my job can be pretty physical and I've been worried after last time. They've been super helpful making sure I don't do any lifting and I've been given lighter assignments so it seems like they've placed me on "light duty" which I'm grateful for.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    Weeks/EDD? 6 weeks 

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 
    I had a loss in March 2020. It was early but it was still really hard since we had been trying for awhile.  I had two girls (5 and 3 years old) and we had our rainbow baby boy January 2021.  

I am really anxious. I didn’t realize I was pregnant until this week and now have a lot of anxiety about missing a few weeks of prenatals and even drinking some. I know these are irrational but I have had a lot of cramping more than I remember so I feel like I keep preparing for the worst. 

Any appointment updates? 
    I will go in at 8 weeks 

Any big milestones?
    nope! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My little guy has hydronephrosis and it wasn’t caught until the week before I delivered. I am feeling a bit worried and definitely feel like I am putting way too much pressure on myself already. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @shortstack930 great news on the beta! When is first US?

Weeks/EDD? 6+3/Oct 17

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Lost DD1’s IVF twin at 7.5 weeks in Feb 2017. MC at 5.5 weeks in Dec 2021. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Getting to see the baby and heartbeat on Wednesday was a huge load off my mind and really thrilling! Physically, I’m still fighting the cold my kids gave me and am exhausted from the combo of being sick and pregnant. Getting some waves of nausea here and there. Heartburn and digestive upset continues. 

Any appointment updates? My OB was initially going to bring me in for another US in 3 weeks but said she can make it 2 weeks to provide some additional peace of mind. So I’ll be back on March 11. 

Any big milestones? Seeing heartbeat was a big one. And am past my previous MC timing. My only caveat is that when we lost my first baby’s twin (my first MC) I had seen and heard the heartbeat first a week before. Granted, it was very low—only 90 at about 6.5 weeks—but I unfortunately know that seeing the heartbeat is not a guarantee of anything. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have a dressy event tomorrow evening and I’m so damn bloated and uncomfortable. I think I’m going to break out a maternity/nursing dress and just go for pure comfort. 
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD? 6w6d

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? I’ve had two CPs since starting to try last June. (Also one abortion and one miscarriage as a teenager) 

Numb, in limbo

Any appointment updates? Had my first ultrasound on Tuesday (6w4d) after betas were rising so well. Gestational sac and yolk sac were there, but they couldn’t see a fetal pole or heartbeat. Go back on Tuesday for a follow up US.

Any big milestones? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just feeling tired.
  • Options
    @rockstarmomma152 here for you! Sending love to you today as well. CP’s are really hard. 
  • Options
    @hotmessexpress89 that is stressful about the hydronephrosis. I wouldn't worry too much about the drinking and missing prenatals, many women don't find out they're pregnant right away. 

@EmilyE13 first u/s is March 14! I'm so glad your went well this week. That's great that your doctor is letting you come for another scan so soon. I hate not seeing the baby for weeks and wondering what's going on. I hope you feel better soon!

@rockstarmomma152 I'm so sorry you're in a waiting period. I hope that it was just really early and they're able to see everything next week. Take care of yourself this weekend  <3
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22