Options

Weekly Check-In: w/o 2/21

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What book are you currently reading?

Re: Weekly Check-In: w/o 2/21

• Options
    5/1 and 30w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    STM

Upcoming Appointments:
    3/2. from my 28 week I was booked 3 weeks and then will fall into 2 after that, I hope!

How are you feeling?:
    Sciatic pain seems to be easing up but the heartburn....good god. I know I had it bad last time as well but I think I blacked it out.

Rants/Raves:
    Easy work week and then off for another week next week! Plan is to finish the decor in the baby room and finish packing the hospital bag for me. Baby will be next but I still need to get a going home outfit.

Questions
    Has anyone started to think of big brother/big sister gifts? Is that a thing?

GTKY
    Currently reading The Paper Palace. I wish I had more time to read but feel like I only read a chapter a week. Totally unlike me as I used to read a book a week.
  • Options
    @And846 we're definitely having DD pick out something for baby brother, and we have a list of things he will give her. 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 28+1, 5/16

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: all the appts this week lol (ob, chiro, PT)

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, comparatively, now that my UTI is gone! Just normal third tri stuff. Not that that's great, but it's normal. 

Rants/Raves: not really a rant or a rave, cause I'm honestly pretty chill about it, but oops, when DH was painting DDs new room last week, the paint he spilled on the drop cloth soaked through and bled down to the carpet. Guess we'll find out next week how bad it is when we're finished painting and take off the drop cloth.  Anyone know any tricks to get paint out? 😂🙃 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What book are you currently reading? NGL don't remember the title. I read *really* quickly. Like 200+ books a year quick (I also have no other hobbies, reading is my favorite free time activity, and the books I read are usually <300 pages and quick easy reads) Kindle unlimited is my friend. Anyway this one is YA urban fantasy. I'm a huge nerd and love fantasy (urban, high, paranormal, etc), sci-fi, etc, and occasionally thrown in some more *adult* romances (scifi/fantasy theme here too, but also some non sci-fi stuff as well)🙃
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @And846 I’ve randomly thought of a big sister gift, but have no idea what type of things to look for. I know DD isn’t at an age where she’ll necessarily understand and think it’s for her so I’m not really sure. 

@pajamstagrams glad your UTI is gone! That sucks about the paint, hopefully it’s not too bad. 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/19, 27+5

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: 3/2, glucose / 28w appt. I can’t believe I’ll be biweekly after that. 

How are you feeling?: honestly just crappy. I feel bad whining so much about this pregnancy when we didn’t have to go through all the crap we did for DD. But my sleep seems to get worse and worse which how is that even possible, and I feel like I’m never going to shake this cold (going on 2 weeks) since I can’t freaking sleep. 

Rants/Raves: the above for a rant. Rave is that we went to dinner for my FIL’s birthday last night and DD was so cute. For once she didn’t just want me and randomly latched onto my BIL and SIL. It was adorable. Plus the restaurant was pretty empty on a Monday night so she was able to roam around a little without disturbing people. This age (19m) is so challenging but also so fun. 

Questions: should I expect this kid to come early ish? I wrote out all the things we need to get done before she comes the other day and trying to figure out a realistic timeline. DD came at 38w and I always thought the first baby was typically “late” 

GTKY: What book are you currently reading? Oh man, I love reading but couldn’t tell you the last book I read. If I have any brainpower left by the end of the day I pretty much just turn on the tv. I am reading a couple “spicy” books on this one app but nothing worth mentioning. 
  • Options
    @b_1029 I'm just getting things that DD likes. She also told me randomly that baby brother was going to get her a truck. (literally no idea where that came from, but I'm gonna go with it). But she's definitely old enough (~3.5 when he's born) to know what's going on. I wouldn't overthink it!

I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy. Colds are the worst while pregnant because you can do so little about them!
  • Options
    @b_1029 my DD arrived at 38w5d as a first child and i was not ready for that as i thought first kids are late. I’m going with the mindset that the second could arrive early and made a goal to have everything done by the end of week 35. 
  • Options
    @And846 I wasn’t ready either! I mean I had packed my hospital bag veryyyyy early because I was so pumped but other than that, nope. I was expecting to go close to 40 or beyond so I hadn’t fully transitioned all my work stuff over. I was writing my team an email while I was doubling over in contractions. Do not recommend 😆

@pajamstagrams I think probably as long as it doesn’t involve elephants, DD will be fine. She has the market on those haha 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 27 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: 2

Upcoming Appointments: Iron infusion today and I can’t wait. Ready for my 2 hour “vacation” in a room by myself. Trying to convince myself to get work done but I’ll probably nap.
    also I passed my glucose last week!!! 

How are you feeling?: Like a sack of bricks. I am so effing tired. My body can’t hang. I need this iron ASAP. Otherwise- I feel really good mentally and emotionally. Been doing a lot of processing from my last birth and PP experience and I think I’ve come to a content and realistic place. 

Rants/Raves: ready for SPRING betches 

Questions: I also was thinking about a big sis gift!! Ideas welcome. She is obsessed with babies and so I was thinking of getting her a new one with lots of bells and whistles (like a paci and pretend diapers, etc). I want her to have something to do while I’m nursing baby. 

currently the Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles. I’ve enjoyed his other stuff but this one is getting a little long winded and fanciful. I just finished another book by Taylor Jenkins Reid and I enjoy her writing for times that I don’t want to think or feel too much, just enjoy. 
  • Options
    @brookejay06 please lock me in a room for 2 hours. That would be amazing! 

@b_1029 same! Bag for myself and diaper bag for baby were packed out of excitement but i did not expect to go early. The day prior i was at work on calls and making action plans with “this annoying back pain” and the next day planned to go in late to work after i had pain checked out by OB since we had a big visit and presentation that day. Legit, was texting my district manager from the waiting room about my ETA to work to then to have to turn around and be like “I’m 6cm and going to have a baby today - i don’t think I’ll be making it to the visit today” 🤣 

• Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 29w3d, due May 7

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th

Upcoming Appointments: ummm…next week? Maybe? Lol - it’s just a standard OB check 

How are you feeling?: TIRED. And so sore by the end of the day

Rants/Raves: Rant: trying to get our taxes done but it’s annoying as crap lol
    raves: DH had the day off yesterday and I got a bit of a break AND got to go hang out with some women from church 

Questions: none

GTKY: What book are you currently reading? Currently reading Kulti by Mariana Zapata - it’s on KU. I just finished Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber and really liked it! I’m like @pajamstagrams and basically only read sci-fi/fantasy or romance on KU 😂
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams what color carpet? I would try paint thinner or even acetone! But if it’s a dark color I’m afraid it would bleed, I’d test a small area first.

@b_1029 I’m sorry your feeling bad! I haven’t been sleeping well either. I started using magnesium lotion and it’s helped a little. Don’t feel bad for whining! I whine, all the time, especially since I’m still sick at weeks. Pregnancy is hard! 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/10- 29weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: 3/14 (Every two weeks now! This one is a bit later so it landed on Spring Break and I wouldn’t have to take off work)

How are you feeling?: Getting better! I’m taking Pepcid every morning + Reglen before every meal and bed and it’s reduced my acid reflux and nausea by alotttt. Still sick ~1-2 times a day if I’m busy and forget to take reglen early enough before eating/laying down or when it wears off in the middle of the night/early morning, but significantly better than before! 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant- None ATM
    Rave- I made a spontaneous decision and made a big chop to my hair (from middle of my back to shoulders). I’m only *slightly* regretting it because I love long hair but it was so nice getting ready this AM with my shorter hair! It look and feels healthier, & the idea was it’ll be easier to manage post-partum too. My long hair was getting so stringy from wearing it up all the time since I’ve been feeling too crummy to fix it. So if your waiting for your sign to make a big chop, here it is! 🤪

Questions: My OB told me it was normal, but I almost passed out during my AS from laying on my back (which they got those final pictures of his heart- everything looks good!) She said the additional pressure restricts blood flow and so on, wasn’t worried or anything. BUT- I’m getting my teeth cleaned over spring break, can I request not to be laid all the way back? I’m afraid I’ll pass out then too 🙈

The only book I get to stick my nose in these days is my applied analysis for behavior technicians textbook, lol. 
  • Options
    @sph97 I would definitely ask to be more propped up! I also had a problem with feeling faint during an US and dentist appts can be so much longer. They should be able to accommodate you!

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 30w today!

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow

How are you feeling?: I've been feeling strangely better the past week or two aside from my practically constant hip/back pain and reflux. But, i guess you gotta pick your battles. Afternoon naps are a very pleasant addition to my day.

Raves: The steps on my deck were rotting but, have been replaced as of yesterday and next month my BIL and DH are gonna be building a pergola for it! Just in time to enjoy it for spring

Questions: none atm

GTKY: What book are you currently reading?
    I have been halfway through A Storm of Swords (Game of Thrones book 3) for nearly 2 years. I mean I'll finish it eventually, there has just been other things to do besides sitting and reading.
  • Options
    May 24, 27 weeks today!

FTM/STM/TTM+: 
    FTM

Upcoming Appointments:
    Glucose test coming up 3/3. I’m not worried about it, just frustrated at the time it takes. 

How are you feeling?:
    I feel wonderful. Lots more energy now that I’m not sick. Getting ready for upcoming showers and finishing the nursery!

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: I’ve been snoring to the point I wake up my husband and wake up with a sore throat EVERY MORNING. It’s driving us both nuts. 
    Rave: I have two: 1) My belly is growing like crazy but I’ve avoided stretch marks so far! 2) My son’s adoptive parents sent a few surprise pictures this weekend. I get annual updates per the adoption agreement, but they send some bonus pics throughout the year. It’s always great knowing they’re thinking of me. And my goodness he’s a handsome little boy. He’s 3, he will be 4 in August. 

Questions: 
    None for the moment. 

I’m always reading multiple books. Right now DH and I are reading a book on baby signing we pick up every night to learn some new signs. It’s fun! For pleasure I’m reading a political anthology by a few authors who are more conservative than I’m used to. I’m pretty moderate politically, and I don’t want to get political here, but I love exploring political ideologies that don’t fully align with mine.
  • Options
    @germainejeleed I mean, you have an infinite amount of time to finish the series 😂😂 I stopped after book 3 though, since DH told me it goes downhill from there. 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams I'm a pretty fast reader too, but not 200 books a year fast. I'm impressed!! 

@b_1029 @And846 oh wow! I have the same mindset now but looks like I should adjust my to-do list to wrap everything up earlier rather than right up to my due date. 

@sph97 I went to the dentist around 18 weeks and they didn't lean me all the way back. I was up a bit more than normal, which I'm assuming was due to me being pregnant, but I would mention it for sure! 

@taylorharris0522 aw those surprise photos must be so sweet!! 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/4. 29w6d

Upcoming Appointments: 2/28 for midwife check-in 

How are you feeling?: I've been sleeping better, which has been nice, but if I stand for longer than 30 minutes my feet are killing me. DH and I went to Target and Homegoods this weekend and I ended up taking multiple breaks on random furniture in the store and hobbling around the house once we got home because my body was so done lol

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: My whole shopping experience this weekend 
    Rave: I had a prenatal massage gift card from Christmas that I booked today. 

Questions: None

GTKY: What book are you currently reading? I just finished Caste by Isabel Wilkerson and am starting I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou today! I wanted to focus my reading for BHM on black authors and these were the top two recommended to me. 
  • Options
    @karisahamdi not necessarily! I know lots of FTMs that went right up to the due date. I’d suggest getting your hospital bag packed around 36/37 minus any toiletries you want to bring just so you don’t have to worry about it. And I’d get the bigger things done by around then too but that’s mainly for comfort sake! 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams for paint in the carpet, I have had luck with Goo Gone. Spray it onto the area until it’s completely saturated and then use a butter knife so scrape the paint off the fibers. It’s a slow process but it’s worked better for me than acetone because it more so releases the paint from the fiber than trying to disintegrate it. 

@s@skc040512  Mariana Zapata is one of my all time favs, anytime her books come out it’s an immediate stop whatever else I’m reading and read hers instead. I think there’s only 1 of hers that I haven’t particularly loved. 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/6, 29+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: Next Thurs… my first bi-weekly. It feels strange to be here already. 

How are you feeling?: Still recovering appetite-wise from the stomach bug over the weekend. Dizzy and short of breath easily I think just because I am not eating well after that. Even before that I had been experiencing some shortness of breath for a few weeks and found out on Thurs that I’m mildly anemic so I’m starting the iron supplement as well. Otherwise…. Honestly can’t believe that I’m almost at the 30 week point for how good I still feel. 

Rants/Raves: Vehicle shopping…. mh didn’t want to face the reality of this months ago and so now it’s going to be a crunch to find something in time. New and used stock are slim everywhere it seems. But we had a *kind of decent* talk about it this morning after his initial butt-hurtedness that my parents want to help me buy since he won’t and I think we’re hopefully on a better path to making it actually happen. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What book are you currently reading?  Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover. Another one of my pretty much can’t go wrong with any of her books kind of authors. 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 28+6

Upcoming Appointments: 7th

How are you feeling?: my back has been killing me lately. I honestly don’t remember it being this bad last time but most of this pregnancy has been different. 

Rants/Raves: As mentioned above my back has been out of whack lately. One of our dogs has been acting up a lot lately too. Not sure if he senses change coming or what but I really hope he gets out of this funk soon. DD has been sleeping in her toddler bed about 50% of the time and has done really well so I think we will be fine to have the crib out of her room before LO needs it.

Questions: Anyone else wonder how they are going to make it ? My stomach feels like it can’t possibly grow any more though I still have like 9 weeks.

GTKY: What book are you currently reading? Does reading short stories to DD count? My friends and I need a book exchange for Christmas this year and I got wild game by Adrienne Brodeur which was a quick read. I def need to start the list you guys gave me in a previous thread as I would love to read more than I have lately.
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/23, 27w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday this week for ultrasound and glucose

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good. I always get nervous for the glucose though 

Rants/Raves: Rave: Our water heater has been broken for the last week and a half, and my husband fixed it last night!! Rant: My husband broke his foot and is non weight bearing and in a cast for 6 weeks. So much has fallen to me and it sucks 

Questions: 

GTKY: What book are you currently reading? Nothing. I can’t remember the last book I’ve read. Terrible I know!
  • Options
    @karisahamdi I went to 40+2 with my first! Although it took us three days to get everything we needed to the hospital because we were mostly prepped for home birth lol. I had like a hospital light version for baby and me, but DH was not ready to go.

@wiscobabies that's great the hot water heater was fixed! It must be a lot to have to take on that extra stuff with your husband out of commission. 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: may 17, 28
    Upcoming Appointments: went to midwife, pelvic floor physio, and ultrasound today! All went well. 
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good! I think supplementing with iron this whole pregnancy, as well as the workout program I was on postpartum up to first trimester has made such a difference this time around. It's been getting harder to sleep - I wake up for an hour or two at 2am every night, but I've just been listening to a podcast and trying to fall back asleep. Mentally I think I'm doing well too, had a great chat with my midwife today who totally gets where my head is at re: repeat c-section vs the niggling feeling of how a vbac would go so that was nice. 
    Rants/Raves: rant: I feel so checked out of the work projects I need to get done.  Rave: my fancy medicine cabinet arrived today and we are almost ready to get started on our bathroom reno!
    Questions: 
    GTKY: What book are you currently reading? I used to read so much but definitely read a lot less these days. I've been reading "How to talk so little people will listen" for tips on the toddler phase, and for fun the most recent book I read was "The turnout" by Meg Abbott.
  • Options
    May 29  26+2
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTM
    Upcoming Appointments:
    Monday! 
    How are you feeling?:
    Hello hip pain! 
    Rants/Raves: 
    I’ve had a great run of energy for awhile now. I think I might be right on the brink of beginning of slowing down and I still need the energy to stick around!!!
    The Big Baby Name Book - for obvious reasons 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Options
    May 28th, 26 weeks and 3 days

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    STM

Upcoming Appointments: This Thursday… ended up having to push last week’s appt to this week instead. So I still don’t know if I passed my glucose test, or if my new family doctor found me an OB at one of the area hospitals. 😜

How are you feeling?:
    This week… sore. We were busy with home projects this weekend and I probably overdid it. Suddenly my back hurt, my legs hurt, and then it felt like someone kicked me in the crotch last night. Week 26 is fun, lol.

Rants/Raves:
    Rants - just, everything is sore. I don’t remember this with DD.
    Raves - we got DD’s room painted and also bought paint for the nursery this past weekend. Hoping to get the nursery painted next weekend or the weekend after. And I found a bassinet on sale through Amazon yesterday. And a onesie that says “player 2 has entered the game”. We are gamers so it’s perfect.

Questions: 

I was reading Red Rising before our move. I should probably finish that before DS arrives. I used to be such a big reader (and loved big books 800+ pages long), but I just never seem to have the time anymore.
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:  5/9,  29w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+:  4th/5th

Upcoming Appointments:  Growth scan tomorrow, midwife next week, then I'm on my every 2 weeks appts :o

How are you feeling?:  Honestly.. like garbage. Crying every day at this point. I don't know how my body will hold up for up to 9 more weeks. Everything is so heavy already, my poor pelvic floor is trying to manage but I can't even casually walk through Target anymore. I am really struggling physically and mentally.

Rants/Raves:  Rant: We had new neighbors buy the house next door and they're doing some reno work inside. So we are living with a dumpster 3 ft from my daughter's bedroom window and we already have a rat problem. Last night they were out there throwing away plumbing fixtures until after 10pm. They've also piled up kitchen appliances and furniture/outdoor items all over the porch and yard. Just an eyesore and an annoyance that I hope is over soon. 
    Rave: The people at my kids' school have really been trying to help me. There is a problem with flooding in the playground near my daughter's classroom which turned to ice last week. Her teacher ran out to tell me she called maintenance to come down and figure out a solution because "I told them I have a mom who is pregnant with twins and this is a real hazard for her!" .. and on especially cold/icy days I often have other parents knock on my car window and offer to get my kids so I don't have to get out of the car. I think they can tell how miserable I am 
    :D

Questions: 

GTKY: What book are you currently reading? LOL
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • Options
    @And846 I know sibling gifts are a thing but we never have done them. 

@pajamstagrams My answer for the paint in the carpet is... a rug? a piece of strategically placed furniture?  ;)

@b_1029 I honestly feel bad for complaining so much about how terrible I'm feeling because I know how much it sucks to be trying to have a baby, and I'm expecting TWO! But in reality, being pregnant is really hard sometimes and I need to just say it out loud.

@brookejay06 Also VERY ready for spring and to ditch the millions of boots, coats, hats, mittens, etc that I'm tracking down daily lol

@skc040512 It's so funny when my husband has a day off work, it feels like such a relief and a break when in reality it's basically just a weekend day lol

@sph97 So glad to hear you're starting to feel better!! Also thinking of chopping my hair off. I do it every pregnancy haha

@germainejeleed I really think I'd enjoy reading the GOT series but I know I would never finish. They seem so complicated and I don't think I have the brain power anymore!

@taylorharris0522 So exciting to receive bonus pics! Also, I hear you on the snoring/sore throat thing. That's me every night! Although I don't wake my husband, he is dead to the world when he is sleeping.

@karisahamdi This was me in Target this morning. I had to stop like 3 or 4 times and just sit. Once I was close enough to the baby section to sit in the chair there, but the other times it was just on endcaps. Then I had to struggle to get up LOL ... will be doing drive up orders from here on out!

@happynapper My can't go wrong author is Jodi Picoult. I love all her books!

@addsprinkles521 YES I don't know how I will make it. I am already measuring like 37/38 weeks so I can't imagine what the next two months will look like. Oof.

@wiscobabies Yay for hot water!

@jandawg I've been waking up randomly for a period of time in the MOTN too. So annoying. 

@MrsLaLaBug Good luck on the names :lol: I told DH last night I don't like the middle names we picked soo he's thrilled 

@fireflyz56 Seems like a lot of us are just... sore. lol

PHEW Sorry! Needed to catch up!

Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • Options
    @jackdetroit 10 pm?!?!! What is wrong with people. That's so late to renovating, or at the very least, loudly throwing metal things in a metal box. 

@fireflyz_56 hopefully you can take it easier today, maybe relax with an ice pack or heating pad!
  • Options
    @addsprinkles521 I ask myself the same thing! I feel so crowded/full I have no idea how I'm suppose to keep growing.

@jackdetroit bless! I'm hate your feeling so bad. I couldn't imagine carrying twins! Have you tried a really supportive belly band? My OB told me to get one since I was carrying low and I have all that additional pressure on my pelvis (plus hoping it helps with the acid reflux some by reducing pressure maybe?). But carrying one baby isn't as strenuous as two, by far!