May 2022 Moms

Moving to a Private Group

Re: Moving to a Private Group

• @MrsLaLaBug as someone who was on Ttgp when we had a catfish, I fully support this. I feel like @and846 (I think it was you?) has that excel of member info and it’s a pretty solid list of who I’d consider regular at this point. I just don’t remember where it is 😆
  • On @MrsLaLaBug note I will also throw out there that when we moved to Fb we also discussed being less tolerant of lurking/non participation there, being full names and profiles and lots of personal details end up being shared after labor and in the newborn phase. Is this something anyone else has feelings on? We’ve only lost 2-3 people to this in the 3 years since we’ve moved but it was always a situation where we tried to round everyone up for a life update/check in post and they didn’t respond to that or ultimately pm’s asking if they were doing okay etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • @b_1029 yes I think she created one! And honestly I think all of us know who we'd all collectively recognize as a "regular" and who we might side eye if they suddenly popped up with "send me an invite!!", KWIM?

• @happynapper we had a girl who introed in our PG and then never participated again. The admins quietly deleted her. I support this as well as long as we know there haven’t been any like huge life things going on that would cause someone to not participate for a while. 
  • MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited February 2022
    @happynapper I agree with all of that, my last 2 BMBs-turned FB groups did this. Some people weeded themselves out, some dramatically flounced, but if someone wasn't active there was always a reach out by an admin to check in.

ETA: this group seems much tighter and not nearly as big as my last 2 BMB's and I'm sure that's due to some of the annoyances with TB app itself and whatnot, so it may be a bit easier on all the above mentioned situations with a smaller and closer knit group.

• b_1029 said:
    @happynapper we had a girl who introed in our PG and then never participated again. The admins quietly deleted her. I support this as well as long as we know there haven’t been any like huge life things going on that would cause someone to not participate for a while. 
    Yes. We’ve always been fine if someone says “just a heads up, I need a Social media break for a few months” or busy life things going on etc. Its not that everyone has to be required to participate on any particular level. It’s more so when there’s a person who sees all the posts (you can see when someone’s seen a post on FB) and never responds or supports others and also never updates about their newborn… I guess more of an uncomfortable dynamic type of issue. 
  • Agree with all that's been said! We've purged lurkers/non actives from our FB group. 
  • can someone please report the troll already... 

• Lol wut 😂 kinda an ironic post thread for that rant??

Also I am all for admins reaching out and removing inactive members HOWEVER I will note that I typically am only on FB 1-2x a week (I may be more active when we first move or when baby first gets here but I’m just not a huge FB fan). I do try to still post and reply in the groups I’m active in, but I may not be super consistent (I.e. daily/every other day)
  • @skc040512 I think that’s totally fine, I’m not trying to make anyone nervous about only checking in a few times a week… the situations I can recall were like 3+ months of no activity, someone reached out and still didn’t get a response..
  • It seems like it's time to get outta here! We've had a similar process with my other bmb of people reaching out to check in if it's been 2-3+ months. Our group has definitely gotten smaller naturally over the couple years since babes were born but it was a smooth process, no drama thankfully.
  • @skc040512 don't worry, 1-2x a week is plenty. Like @happynapper said, we're looking for people who haven't checked in in months. 
  • Oh boy another weirdo…let’s make this jump lol. Judging by the votes in the poll it sounds like we want to “vote” people into the PG that are interested. How do we do the vote for admins? I can’t remember how my last bmb did it 
  • Oh god, that one is VERY cringey
  • K, I’d say everyone who was suggested, nominated and / or is interested in being an admin post here with a reminder of how many kids you currently have, your age, your due date and baby gender, if known (so we get a good representation across the board). Then we all “love tit” (I actually have no idea what that means…) our top 3 picks and the 4 ladies who get the most votes are the admins.

For example:
    I am 33 (34 in a month) and live in Canada. I have 2 girls that will be turning 2 and 4 in March. My new baby is also a girl and her due date is May 3rd.

*I have no interest in being an admin. Don’t vote for me. It’s just an example. 
  • @annashaf “love tit” is just tapping the love it/heart icon on the comment. 

Also I’m all for moving ASAP 😂 dramatic posts can be entertaining but that last one was just a *bit* awkward 
  • I know we're not quite there yet, but do we have an idea of how many love tits (since that's what's winning in the poll) are "required" for members to join? Or do we want it to be more general, like "hmm, this person only got 2 love tits but everyone else has 10+, so they weren't very active". 
  • @pajamstagrams hmmm good question. Maybe we set a minimum like 8 but I truly have no concept of how many people will even be voting / are active 😆
  • Do we want to limit to just 4 admins? Or as there are only 5 people interested, have 5 admins??
  • @annashaf fine with me! If we really want just 4, I’m fine to not do it so others can. Doesn’t matter one way or the other to me, I’m just ready to get out of here 😂
  • @annashaf it really doesn't matter to me! Also eager to GTFO lol 
  • Since so many other people volunteered to admin I will happily take my name out! 
  • I haven't been too active on the app here simply because its not super user friendly for me. But I do participate still in my Facebook group all the way back from my April 2014 baby. So I would think my participation would be way better on there. 
    Me = 28
    DH = 29
    Multiple loss mama
    Rylie: Born 04.2014
    Haley: Born 07.2017
    Emily: Born 08.2019

• @happynapper I'm okay to move forward today! We can stay active here for the week to monitor anyone who wants to join the fbook group and gradually add people as we transition, just an idea!
  • I echo the above with hovering for a week here too but I’m glad to move also!!!!