October 2022 Moms

Ultrasound Thread

Re: Ultrasound Thread

• @katier9090 No, they want you to pee first, at my OB’s office they always make you go as soon as you’re called back, and leave it as a sample just in case. One time during my last pregnancy I didn’t feel like going bc I barely had any pee and it hindered my US tech and she made me go lol I also was having twins at the time so maybe that’s different. It is best though bc your bladder hinders the view so much.
  • Strange question,  do they make you have a full bladder for these ultrasounds?
    Yes, they ask for full bladder for the external US, then to pee before an internal US
  • Loading the player...
  • Strange question,  do they make you have a full bladder for these ultrasounds?
    If your bladder is super full they actually ask you to go potty. It can get in the way this early. 
  • edited February 2022
    I called to try and get our first appointment with two different OBs and they won’t take me until I’m 8 weeks. Feels like forever….I’m only 4 weeks and 6 days! I just want to make sure I’m doing everything right and that everything looks okay.
  • @katier9090 yes! I have my first one tomorrow and they told me to drink 24 oz of water an hour before hand and hold it. I’m dreading that part! But so so excited for my first US and hoping everything goes well
  • amk4921 said:
    @katier9090 yes! I have my first one tomorrow and they told me to drink 24 oz of water an hour before hand and hold it. I’m dreading that part! But so so excited for my first US and hoping everything goes well
    Likely for the urine culture they do at every appointment, especially a first one. But everytime I’ve had a full bladder at an ultrasound, the sonograoher politely asked me to go pee 🤣 

when you are closer to getting the adorable 3D ultrasounds, hydration is SUPER important for a good photo. 
  • Yes! I'm 6 weeks as well and I have to wait until 10 weeks...
  • I have a US appointment tonight at 6w5d, hoping to see a bean and that little flicker 💓
  • @maddiehaise1014 ugh i have to wait long too (11 weeks). They keep saying “due to Covid” and I’m just frankly over it.
  • I've had lots of trouble with constipation,  abdominal cramping, and nausea so they sent me to the emergency department and I got an ultrasound to checkfor an ectopicpregnancy. I'm 7 weeks inside the womb. It sounds like if you have to wait for a ultrasound the doctors are less concerned about immediate medical issues. I'm a first time mom so I could be wrong but that's how I see it at this point.  ❤ 
  • egsc21egsc21 member
    edited February 2022
    I've had lots of trouble with constipation,  abdominal cramping, and nausea so they sent me to the emergency department and I got an ultrasound to checkfor an ectopicpregnancy. I'm 7 weeks inside the womb. It sounds like if you have to wait for a ultrasound the doctors are less concerned about immediate medical issues. I'm a first time mom so I could be wrong but that's how I see it at this point.  ❤ 
    It has more to do with your doctors office and their availability. Of course if you are high risk you will likely be seen sooner in general. But I’m getting my first ultrasound at just shy of 7 weeks and it’s my first with no known issues.
  • Had my ultrasound today - saw a gestational sac and yolk sac but couldn’t get any images of a fetal pole. I couldn’t get a read from the tech or the doctor what it really means - they both said it could be fine, or could be a non-viable pregnancy, and I’ll be going back next week for another ultrasound. 
  • Had my ultrasound today - saw a gestational sac and yolk sac but couldn’t get any images of a fetal pole. I couldn’t get a read from the tech or the doctor what it really means - they both said it could be fine, or could be a non-viable pregnancy, and I’ll be going back next week for another ultrasound. 
    Sorry for the uncertainty. How far along are you or did they guess? This can make a huge difference in finding that fetal pole. 
  • @rockstarmomma152 ugh I’m so sorry you are in limbo. Are you sure of when you ovulated? I hope time goes quickly for you until your next ultrasound 
  • We know for sure because I conceived via IUI with a trigger shot. So I’m 6w4d. 
  • The uncertainty of the IUI process feels pretty eternal. ☺️ It still sucks but I’m kinda used to it. Been trying since last June. Still gonna remain as hopeful as I can until I have a definite answer that says otherwise, 
  • Had my first ultrasound today. Believed I was 8w1d but the baby is measuring around 6 weeks and they couldn’t find a heartbeat. The doctor wants me to do another ultrasound next week before confirming anything. Trying to stay positive but my mind is already pretty set on it being a loss. 
  • Hugs to you @teacherchelsea. I’m in a similar boat. ❤️
  • Thank you and same to you 💕
  • @teacherchelsea @rockstarmomma152 I’m sorry about the uncertainty!
  • @rockstarmomma152 @teacherchelsea Sending you both positive vibes to get through the week of waiting <3
  • due date buddies 💕
  • iim right there with you! My appointment is March 8th and I love seeing everyone’s pictures! Praying for everything to continue going to trust my body because it knows what to do🙌🏻
  • @EmilyE13 Yay!!! I kept checking this thread for yours after your post about worrying about it. Congratulations!
  • Got to see our little one yesterday. Measuring at about 6 weeks 5 days instead of 7 and 2 so a little behind what even I thought. But something strange was she did an abdominal ultrasound instead of vaginal so I feel like the picture wasn’t as clear. Still got to hear and see heartbeat at 120 bpm which made me bawl of course. So amazing!