May 2022 Moms
Options

Future Travel with Baby - Must-Haves

Hi Mommas!

I am planning a trip to Southern France in September. My baby should be about 4 months. My husband as well as my parents will be part of this trip.

I'm a first time mom so I want to pick everyone's brain on the essentials to bring when traveling.

I've read a few blogs already but I'd love to hear various experiences and recommendations on: gear, hotel stay tips, airplane travel tips, etc 

Thank you everyone! Hopefully this thread is helpful for others too :)

Re: Future Travel with Baby - Must-Haves

• Options
    A safe sleep space (hotels have them if you request), some kind of seat (bouncy chair, bumbo, jolly jumper, etc., a
    blanket or something to lay them on the floor, car seat (rentals have them if you inquire or you can rent a car seat for far less from a car seat specific rental place), stroller or carrier and if they feed formula I recommend bottled water as they can get digestion issues from a change in water somewhere new. For the plane, feed during landing and take off. Keeps their ears from popping. White noise can be beneficial if you’re all staying in the same room (and / or you use it at home). Medicines, snot sucker, rash creams. Don’t want to be in a situation in unfamiliar surroundings where you need something in a bad way and don’t have it. 
  • Options
    Bring a tub for baby, we just traveled to Florida and the air bnb we stayed at only had showers (converted assisted living home- we needed to sleep 15). My 2m old nephew took baths on the counter in his tub, it was so easy. Was something I feel like I would have left at home, lol!