July 2022 Moms

GTKY 2/15

Continuing with the love theme:

How did your husband propose? 

If you guys aren't married: what is the most romantic date you have been on? 
Hubby and Me
Friends since 2008
Started dating: July 1st, 2013
Engaged: July 1st, 2014
Married: July 1st, 2016
R born: July 8th, 2017
N born: June 30th, 2019
Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
(maybe I only ovulate in October XD)

Re: GTKY 2/15

• My husband proposed at home with just the 2 of us there.  He got me some roses and asked what one I liked the best.  I picked but didn't see the ring or pick the right one. Lol.  So he then came up with on the fly let's pull apart petals and say what we love about each other.  So he gave me the rose with the ring stuffed in the middle.  After a few petal pulls I found my ring.  
  • We were young, it was basically a "we should get married" conversation, no real engagement. 😂 10 1/2 years married though! 
  • Loading the player...
  • We were on vacation on Tybee Island in Georgia and he asked me to take a walk on the beach… while we were walking he got in front of me, got down on one knee and proposed 🥰. It was the sweetest thing ever. I have never seen him so nervous in the 4 years we had been together at the time. Lol been married 8 years!

• on a cruise that we were on with his company. It was sweet but also I learned that I do not enjoy cruises 🤣 
  • He took me to a charity concert for STARS air ambulance and had his family friend who was a performer there sing me a love song during the concert. After, he took me to our hotel room where he had scattered rose petals on the ground and folded a blanket in a heart and wrote "will you marry me?" In rose petals with the ring box in the middle.
  • We weren't really into the idea of one of us proposing, so we mutually decided to get engaged, but then planned a special hike. We hiked up one of our favorite mountains here in VT and at the top we had a moment where we each asked the other to marry them. We took a few photos. Luckily there was nobody else around so it was a private moment. (It was also March in Vermont, so there weren't many other hikers in the snow!). It was casual and just right for us. 🥰
  • In our backyard after dinner, just the two of us! It was private and sweet! 
  • He proposed at sunrise on Cadillac Mtn in Acadia NP. The fun part of the story is that he had planned to do it on Weds morning but we woke up and it was foggy so decided it wouldnt be worth while because we wouldnt be able to see anything. He then proceeded to ask a thousand more times over the next couple of days whether we were going to try see sunrise again. I thought he was getting annoying but he was just trying to decide if he needed another plan! Luckily Fri morning was beautiful and he got to propose as he planned.
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • He proposed at a beautiful, isolated campsite on the edge of the grand canyon. He set up twinkle lights and made the area so nice....but when it came time to actually propose he got on one knee and got all choked up! He could barely say a single word! 🤣 So funny because a big part of his job is public speaking and training on sensitive topics, and teaching others to give speeches 😂😂Anytime he is critical of a speech or like lines in movies, I still laugh that he has no business criticizing anybody.
  • DH proposed in a very calculated way at our local zoo.

For years we'd go to the zoo a couple times a year. Enough that a zoo pass became my birthday present from my ILs every year. Most of the time we'd go, we'd stop at these benches that look out onto a lake within the zoo to take a break. It's about 2/3 of the way through our typical route.

He proposed at this bench on December 13, 2014 at 3:16. Aka 12-13-14-15-16. A once in a lifetime moment.

I learned stuff after the fact that made the day all the more special. Like why he had spilled water from the watering can he was filling up at the kitchen sink when I came up behind him to hug him. The ring was already in his pocket and my hand got a little close! 😆 I had always requested that he ask for my parent's blessing as a nicety since they are still a bit traditional. DH didn't call my dad until I was in the shower that morning and my dad didn't answer!! He called my mom and she's of course like "you should really talk to the Mr". My dad did finally call him back shortly before my shower finished. Poor DH was nearly in a panic lol.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • I love reading all of these!  Good topic, @tuxielove93

My husband tried to make it special by proposing on Christmas in 2010, my favorite holiday, but his plans were dampened because my MIL, on a trip in Mexico, had a horrible seizure that day and was rushed to the hospital. They didn’t have insurance through the trip so the day had involved trying to get ahold of the US Consulate to get her back to the US for care. It was certainly bittersweet because we were excited but also sad and very worried for her.
  • We were on our way to go camping at my aunt and uncles place for the 4th of July. About half way there we decided to stop at a state park to go for a hike and stretch our legs. During the hike, as we were looking over some bluffs, he got down on one knee. He said something along the lines of supporting me in whatever I want to do (I had just decided to quit my job and go back to school). It was super sweet and I had no idea he was planning it. I later found out that he had written a poem too but chickened out actually reading it in the moment lol.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• We were best friends for so long that we were talking about getting married almost once we started dating. By April, we had decided for sure that we were going to get married. We went ring shopping, and I showed him what rings I liked, and then he made me leave so I didn't know which one he was going to buy. 

And then he made me wait forever. He was graduating high school in June, and there were so many times I wondered if he was going to propose or not. Prom, graduation, family parties, etc. etc. 

But he waited until our anniversary in July and he took me out to one of our favorite hiking spots with waterfalls and he even got down on his knee for a second.... and he didn't propose. 

So we got back home and I was really confused as to when he was finally going to do it. And then after hiking for two hours, he asked me to go for a walk again. Which was really weird (especially because he has a foot thing that makes walking a lot difficult for him). But we went on a walk. And he took me back to the riverfront where we had our first kiss, at the exact same time we had our first kiss, and he proposed. It was perfect. He also couldn't talk because he was so nervous. I thought it was really cute, but I didn't know why! He already knew I was going to say yes. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • We were in Athens, Greece to run the Classic Marathon. His original plan was to propose at the finish line, but the night before the race we ended up at a super romantic restaurant. Like the family next to us whipped up a guitar and accordion. It just seemed right. Once we got back to the place we were staying he got the ring and popped the question. He told me he would have at the restaurant, but he didn’t bring the ring since it wasn’t his plan.