July 2022 Moms
Options

February Mental Health Thread

tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
edited February 2022 in July 2022 Moms
How is everyone feeling? What has you stressed? What are you doing to take care of yourself and your mental health? 
Hubby and Me
Friends since 2008
Started dating: July 1st, 2013
Engaged: July 1st, 2014
Married: July 1st, 2016
R born: July 8th, 2017
N born: June 30th, 2019
Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
(maybe I only ovulate in October XD)

Re: February Mental Health Thread

• Options
    I'm feeling fairly good these days. For me personally, the TTC journey was incredibly emotionally taxing, so getting pregnant was a relief. However, this week I have felt like my hormones have made me a little more up and down. I cried a few times after feeling emotionally overwhelmed or lonely. But I do have more energy in this trimester so I've been able to get more regular exercise which helps a lot. 
  • Options
    Not good for a few weeks. Called my midwife and we spoke about me needing more help with my mental health. Seeing her again in a few days to follow up on medication.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think i'm just here to say that i think this thread is awesome and that i probably won't engage in it much. I work in mental health and it's always work to hold the difficulty of others and my own.
    if you are struggling, i highly recommend working with a therapist. 

My only current big difficulty is that i have a client who is due with a baby this spring the same week i was due with a baby we lost and i'm really dreading it.  I know she has been through her own pregnancy losses too and during my MMC time, i was just so hoping that she didn't have another loss because I know that would have been tough
  • Options
    Morning! Lately just feeling a bit isolated in this whole pregnancy thing, it feels as though all I do is work and come home to sleep early (still.so.tired). I had a falling out with my close friends before finding out I was pregnant and now I’m just hyper aware of the fact that we will be the only ones in this phase of life soon. Maybe it’s just the hormones making this feel worse lately but it’s not too fun! Definitely grateful for the community here of women who know and understand what’s going on! I talk to my husband a lot and try to go on walks everyday with my dog for some outside/clear mind time. Going to start reaching out to a few gals in the area who just had babies so I can start to build a support system of moms around me. Hope everyone else has a great week this week! 
  • Options
    blakeleyablakeleya member
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    This month (and the past few weeks) have really been a struggle. *TW*

We suffered a loss at 17 weeks last year, and I have become increasingly anxious and worried as I approach the 17-week mark in this pregnancy. I try to stay calm and enjoy things as much as I can, but it's tough. I did have a scan today (15 weeks) to take some measurements because of that loss. I got to see our baby moving around, and that's helped relieve some anxiety that I think has been building. But it's tough. I want to get excited but I also don't want to get too excited. I think the weather is also toying with my depression so I'm trying to remember that spring will be here in a few months and things will start looking up.

@runnergirl2018 - That sounds so tough, I'm so sorry. I worked closely with two ladies who were due the same week as I was last year, and watching them grow after I had my loss was very challenging.

@ab8020 I'm sorry to hear about your falling out. I know how tough it can be navigating this without a village. I think it's a great idea to reach out to other ladies in the area and start those relationships now. It's invaluable to have that support, if you can.

@twentythree19 and @knottie -  I hope your doctors are able to help.

• Options
    tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
    edited February 2022
    @zinnia19 Exercise is always so helpful! I'm glad you've felt better enough to do it. I was loving my weekly yoga class, but I haven't been able to get back to it yet. 

@knottie I hope she can help! I finally gave in after a lifetime of trying to deal more or less on my own and got medication in 2020. It's been an absolute game changer. I didn't even realize how bad things were until they weren't bad anymore 

@twentythree19 I feel that. I know some days I'm just "off" and I try really hard not to say anything at all on those days at this point. 

@ab8020 I'm so sorry you lost your friends. I am a few friends kind of person, and with how much we have moved as adults, I haven't been able to maintain any friendships. I finally found another mama who I really clicked with right before Covid. We got really close for about a year, but then she disappeared from my life shortly after I got pregnant. I wonder if it had anything to do with me being pregnant. **TW** She has suffered a loss herself. **end TW** It's made me feel really isolated and lonely. I honestly don't even want to try and make more friends right now because I'm not ready to be hurt again. I wish I knew why she fell off the face of the earth, but she just.... stopped talking to me. I'm so sorry you are also going through this. It's so hard. 

@lindzsers When we lived in places that got winter, I always suffered with seasonal affect. Have you tried taking some vitamin D? D deficiency is a huge cause of winter blues. 

So mini background on me: I am a csa survivor and have had anxiety since I was a young kid. I remember my first panic attack when I was 8. I'm sure I've probably had anxiety all my life. I finally had people around me who helped me realize that my life wasn't normal when I was 16, and I've spent the last decade+ trying to be a better person. Medication has made a huge difference for me since I started it in 2020. Pregnancy is always a rocky time. My hormones go nuts. I have suffered from PPD and PPA after both pregnancies. I am trying to be more stable this time and hoping being medicated makes that difference. 

Right now, I'm not doing great. My anxiety has been really bad. One of the things I get is hypochondria and I keep talking myself into illnesses and problems I don't have. My normal pregnancy symptoms are making me freak out and that's exasperating the symptoms and it's all just a big feedback loop of stress right now. Working on trying to get it back under control. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @tuxielove93 I feel you. I can honestly say that I haven’t gotten to enjoy one day of my pregnancy and I am now 20 weeks. I had anxiety issues prior to, but now it is off the charts. A little background, I am 42yrs old, and up until last may, had never been able to get pregnant ever. We lost our baby at 7 weeks and it was horribly traumatic for my hubby and myself. We were blessed to get pregnant again in October and after a few weeks I started bleeding quite a bit and didn’t stop for nearly 3 months. EVERYDAY I was afraid that was going to be the day that I lost the baby. I had a a sub Chorionic hematoma that was causing the bleeding. Luckily it has subsided, but after researching everything on the internet for what was happening to me I read so many horrible stories on silent miscarriages at every stage and now I am convinced that’s what I am going to have. In the past two weeks I have had a BV and a Yeast infection. My blood pressure keeps rising, and now if I don’t eat every 2 weeks I have these horrible blood sugar drops that I never had before.I am tired of no one understanding what I am going through around me and just think that I have nothing to worry about. I still see my psychiatrist but all he can give me is buspirone, which has not had any effect. I have been waiting for a baby all my life, and the whole thing just feels too good to be true. I am so overly stressed out by it, and think at anytime it will be gone.
  • Options
    I'm angry and depressed. I got my period yesterday. After what appeared to be an outstanding ovulation. My LH ratio was the highest it's been since I started tracking. I am struggling to look for a shred of something positive. After a pregnancy loss in 2020, I feel so hopeless. Why is this so hard? Wil this ever happen?

I've spent all day on the couch, in my emotions with a massive headache.

I start fertility treatment on Monday. Crossing my fingers science will help me. 
  • Options
    @bbump2021 I think you’re in the wrong group? This thread is under July 2022 Moms, which is a group for mamas pregnant and due with their babies in July. But there is a really fantastic trying to conceive community on this site that is extremely supportive. If you go find that group, im sure those women will be really helpful and supportive on your journey. Best of luck! 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008