October 2022 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating - February

What sounds good right now? What sounds absolutely horrendous? 
Me: 34  DH: 34
Married 10/28/17
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1 February '18
Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: What my pregnant self is eating - February

• I’m having a weird meat aversion right now. All the fruits are my jam! 
  • krthousekrthouse member
    edited February 2022
    @chelsea10122 I'm having the opposite! I didn't love meat with my first but this baby is a carnivore comparatively. 

My sweet tooth has gone down big time (I'm notmally a sugarvore), other than for fruit, and citrus is a hit. Liking savory snacks like salted popcorn or pretzels.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm all about the salty/savory this time. So funny because with DS I was all about the sweets. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 salt is my craving right now, too. I’ve eaten an obscene amount of chips and queso the past couple days. And I’m actually having a bit of a sugar aversion—or at least sensitivity to stuff being really sweet—lately, which is totally unlike me. 
  • My craving is oranges right now. I brought three to work and have eaten them all and can’t wait to go home and eat more. 🍊
  • All the grease and salt! I just made some frozen onion rings and ranch. It was amazing. Very similar to my last pregnancy, although my sweet tooth has slowed down. 
  • I'm really wanting childhood classics today, like pizza, KD, chicken fingers, grilled cheese with tomato soup. Making myself eat more nutrient-rich options if I can stomach them but it's a battle. Bringing KD to work tomorrow because I've been dreaming of it all day. I did have really well-balanced meals today so I feel less guilty  :D
  • Pretty much everything besides crackers sounds terrible :s I’ve been able to stomach PB&Js and rice out of necessity, though.
  • I guess this is more what I’m not eating - I have been feeling pretty good the past couple of days as long as I’ve had something in my stomach, but I just had a chicken salad sandwich for lunch and instantly wanted to throw up. Hopefully I don’t, and I guess the rest of the container is going in the trash. 
  • I want fresh cold berries every day
  • yes yes!  I want oranges all the time!
  • I’m ashamed to admit yesterday I ate half a jar of pickles without even realizing it 😂 So I guess that’s my craving of the week. 
  • I ate *all* the white cheddar Cheez-its today for lunch. 
  • DH brought home a bag of the freshest, crispest green grapes and they are HEAVEN. Not too sweet, nice and tart. Joy. Alternating those with popcorn for snacks today.
  • The first two weeks after I found out I was craving everything healthy! Salads, broccoli, carrots. Now all I can think about is fried pickles! Anybody else?
  • No super obvious cravings so far! I've been trying to be really conscious of eating a really wide variety of fruits and vegetables. However, I normally have a pretty big sweet tooth and haven't felt the need to drink soda, or eat ice cream/candy. I've had a Coke sitting in my fridge for 2 weeks that I just haven't wanted to drink for no reason other than I don't feel like it. I did buy a jar of fresh pickles though for when the craving might hit! 😂
  • I crave fish - had a Caesar salad with anchovies last night and ceviche tostada tonight! I also want grilled lamb!   
  • Totally having chicken, meat, egg aversions now. Can only eat small amount of carbs that are salty. I usually love candies but have an aversion for those too. Just salty carbs and fruits is all I can bear now. Light foods... 
  • The first two weeks after I found out I was craving everything healthy! Salads, broccoli, carrots. Now all I can think about is fried pickles! Anybody else?
    Yep. Fresh fruit smoothies and vegetables for me. I am usually a sugar fiend but not so much these days.
  • I have been able to stomach smoothies and childhood staples (pb&j, max and cheese, mashed potatoes, cheese quesadilla). All day nausea :/
  • I've had a meat aversion this time around, and anything wheat has made my bloating *horrendous* so I've just stopped eating it because it hurts too much. I've been craving veggies, fruit, eggs and legumes though-- so lots of stir frys and scrambles! But now my nausea has ramped up and even that is a little iffy now. 

It's so funny, because in my first pregnancy I craved red meat like nobody's business! I also had a big appetite with my first and now I'm just not hungry most of the time. The symptoms have otherwise been similar between pregnancies but it's funny how the food stuff is so different.
  • EmilyE13 said:
    I ate *all* the white cheddar Cheez-its today for lunch. 

Lol, same! I just polished off a box yesterday
  • Fruit has been on my mind all the time… I absolutely cannot do eggs! 
  • Veggies, apples, and high-fat rich foods my stomach can’t handle. Not eating those but craving them like mad. I learned my lesson after eating them twice.
  • New craving every hour. Salad, cake, sausage McGriddle, waffle cone, cucumbers in vinegar. Somebody stop me! 😂
  • Yes to all the childhood comfort foods! I haven’t had specific aversions, but I usually meal prep for the week and eat a lot of leftovers of the same food each week - I’m single, so this has worked for me for years. But now eating the same thing more than a couple times is 🤢🤢 no thanks. And trying to meal prep ahead of time is hard because I don’t know what I’ll be in the mood to eat each day. So I’m having to switch up all of my food habits - when to shop, how to meal prep.. trying to stock up on easy quick options that are still healthy. 
  • Fully just ordered a nugget meal because I've been dreading the gorgeous salmon DH planned for tonight 🙃
  • I got me some sushi (a cooked roll) it was amazing!
  • Mine has been PBJs and strawberries. Anything egg or meat sounds horrible and makes me nauseous. 
  • I’m 8 weeks today and I’ve been craving sugar non stop for the last 3 weeks. I’m kind of worried to be honest as I don’t want to be this unhealthy but I’ve eaten pancakes 3 times this week because I just NEED maple syrup. Fruit also but again with some form of sugar. Hoping this sweet food only craving passes asap. Anyone else experience this? 
  • I wanted pop tarts so I made some! Definitely hit the spot 
  • Oh man this week food has been challenging. I'm going for white foods -- potato, pasta, toast. Bland stuff. Fruit is still safe. 

It's a bummer because my husband made chicken broth from scratch in our slow cooker yesterday and the smell filled our home all day and nauseated me, I couldn't even try it when it was done 😞
  • All of a sudden I can only eat white carbs too 😭 Toast and plain pasta and pretzels all day…this too shall pass. 
  • Muffins. Gimme anything sponge-cake-like. Also Kraft gluten free mac and cheese worked fine. I’ve been celiac since birth so GF is not a new thing.

Gimme CARBS, yo. And soup. Tomato bisque.
  • I want all the shrimp, shrimp cocktail, shrimp rice bowls, shrimp pasta, fried shrimp….I feel like Forest Gump!
  • akp_mkpbabyakp_mkpbaby member
    edited March 2022
    Tried to reply to the pop tarts- These look delicious and cute! Is it your recipe or did you find it in the internet? I love pop tarts but couldn’t bring myself to buy a box (because I will eat them all and they’re full of sugar)
  • @relizabethp I craved poptarts for a full week with my first. This baby doesn't have the same sweet tooth but those look delicious!
  • @knottie5b8403dad79cb44f i just used some pre made pie curst- cut the shapes and filled them with jelly- poked some holes in them and did an egg wash on top. Put them in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes. The icing is just powdered sugar (1/4 cup) , milk (1 tbs) and vanilla (1tsp). Super easy!