October 2022 Moms

Pregnant after Loss (PGAL) Thurs 2/17

Hope this format is okay. You can also just ignore it and tell us how you’re doing this week. ❤️

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?
Me: 34  DH: 34
Married 10/28/17
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1 February '18
Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: Pregnant after Loss (PGAL) Thurs 2/17

• Weeks/EDD? 6 weeks today, 10/13

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)?  I had a MC in July 2021 during my first IVF cycle

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally: I felt relieved after my first US on Monday, but I'm still nervous to see/hear the heartbeat and ultimately get transferred from my RE to my OB.  Trying to take it one day at a time.  Physically: I'm a mess! lol I am on IVF hormones, which make me feel all sorts of gross, and now the morning sickness set in.  

Any appointment updates?  I go back for my next US on 02/23 and hoping to see/hear the heartbeat

Any big milestones? I am celebrating every successful blood draw or US :)

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just like everyone else has mentioned on other threads, it seems like time is crawling.  I really want to get to the point where I "graduate" from my RE so I can feel less anxious (hopefully)
  • @sandy5693 Good luck at your US! Mine’s the same day. After the next US is that when you will get transferred to your OB? 

Weeks/EDD? 5+3/Oct 17

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Lost DD1’s twin around 7 weeks in Feb 2017; MC at 5.5 weeks in Dec 2021. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally I’ve been struggling because my miscarriage started right around this time in December, though I was expecting it based on beta readings that week. Physically I’ve been exhausted with heartburn setting in this week as well as occasional waves of nausea. The stretching/aching continues in my belly, too, along with bloating. 

Any appointment updates? First ultrasound is 2/23. One week away!

Any big milestones? Getting through the weekend will put me further along than my December pregnancy lasted, but mainly waiting for the ultrasound. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I’m feeling guilty because I had been trying to get back in shape and was making some progress (though a long way from where I was) when I got pregnant this time around. I’m lamenting the bloat and grossness but then feeling terrible for feeling that way because I desperately want this pregnancy to stick!
  • Loading the player...
  • @EmilyE13 good luck to you too!  My RE can start weaning me off the IVF meds on week 8 with hopes of transfer to OB at week 9.  I need to call my OB, but I have been so scared of jinxing anything (which I know is ridiculous)...

I'm a researcher/planner in all the ways, but I've been trying not to get too far ahead of myself after the MC.  It's frustrating at times. Luckily I'm seeing a therapist weekly who helps me balance being excited and staying present.  It's a constant battle, but the support helps.
  • @sandy5693 I have an appt next week as well so I feel you so hard on everything, especially time dragging by!
    @EmilyE13 I feel you on the bloat as well. This part always just feels so weird because you feel huge, but most of the time look normal so you don't even have a cute bump to show for it. At least this has been my experience lol. 

Weeks/EDD? 6w4d/ Oct 10? 

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MMC/Blighted Ovum July '21 that lead to D&C

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally I am okay. I am symptom spotting every chance I get to make sure I'm still nauseous/sore/etc. Although I am not positive, this is around the time I MC last July, granted I didn't find out about it until about 9w along. Physically I am doing okay. Super tired but also suffering from insomnia. Clumsy as all get out. Fun time lol

Any appointment updates? Less than a week until the first US. I am so anxious. It's also at 3:30 in the afternoon so it's going to be the longest day EVER. 

Any big milestones? Nope

Rants/Raves/Questions? We told our parents early last summer, and my mom was super supportive, including dropping everything to bring me to an US that DH couldn't leave work for when I found out for sure I MC. MIL was a nightmare and called me nonstop to "check in" even with us asking her to give me space. After the D&C she would not stop asking about it/bringing it up and one day it lead to a full blown anxiety attack. When we found out this time, DH and I decided to tell my parents incase I needed my mom again, but we were going to hold off on telling MIL because of last time. Well DH apparently forgot and told her two nights ago. I told him I was upset about it and reminded him of why. He said he felt it was unfair that my parents knew and she didn't. He also said he will fully nip anything in the bud, should things go wrong, but I am just really hoping that things don't so that isn't even a concern. (obviously I don't want anything to go wrong for a lot of reasons, but this just adds to the stress.)
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 I know exactly what you mean, but in my case its reverse - my MIL is fabulous with boundaries and my mom is the one who gives me panic attacks.  This time around we haven't told either yet, but my MIL would be so helpful because she lives nearby and is calm in stressful situations.  These family situations are so hard to navigate, especially while you're feeling so vulnerable.
  • @sandy5693 It really is hard to navigate. Especially when the person that you are dealing with is a narcissist. DH told her once that she really needed to give me space and her response was that she needed to talk about it to make herself feel better. Oh really, I'm not sure how this is about YOU at all. UGH. lol 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 I've gotten a similar response...nothing like a good ego trip to stress us out even more  :|
  • 6 wks today

Lost our first in august 2021.

Emotionally, I’m a mess. I’m so worried we will lose this baby too. Physically I’m ok…a bit nauseous here and there, but thankful not much more.

Monday is our first ultrasound. Hoping to see/hear heartbeat but at the same time so nervous it won’t be there.

No milestones.

No rants.
  • Weeks/EDD? 5w1d Oct 20

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MC 04/2020, Molar pregnancy and D&C 12/2020, MC 06/2021

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically fine. Nothing crazy like I felt with the molar pregnancy. Emotionally all over the place. Been praying for some peace and starting to feel a little better but still just not sure how to feel. Docs and the few people I’ve told keep congratulating which is normal but I don’t know how to respond because I’m just not able to be excited yet.

Any appointment updates? U/S on 2/23

Any big milestones? My hcg and progesterone are at normal levels and increasing at normal rates so that’s encouraging!

No rants or raves.
  • 5.4 today, due 10/19.
    previous loss: chemical October 2021, miscarriage at 6.5 in December 2021. 
    Feelings: i definitely am feeling very pregnant this time in comparison to my miscarriage. It’s exciting but nerve wracking and I’m just trying to be grateful each day that i have with the little babe.
    appointments: around where i live, they won’t see you until 11 weeks :( so I’m struggling with that since it would be the end of March. I did get my hcg drawn at 5.1 and it was 16,546; going to get it drawn again tomorrow at 5.5 just for my own piece of mind.
    big milestones: i have really been doing a good job at not being overly anxious or worried about the “what ifs” which i was initially concerned that i may feel when i would get pregnant again. 
    Bless each and everyone one of you!
  • kels24681012kels24681012 member
    edited February 2022
    I have a little boy who will be 2 soon.

Weeks: 6+3 today

Previous Loss: Miscarried with triplets in November 2021 at 11 weeks

Feeling: Nervous, anxious. I have an ultrasound on Feb 28th which is causing stress. None of my family are aware except my husband.

HCG: 4+2 was 1100
    4+4 was 2600

Hopeful this baby will stick