October 2022 Moms

Ultrasound Thread

I think we have some people who have ultrasounds coming up so I figured I would get this started now. Please remember to black out all personal information, as this is a public forum and the internet is full of creeps!
Me: 34  DH: 34
Married 10/28/17
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1 February '18
Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: Ultrasound Thread

• @BumpAdmin Can we have this pinned please?
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • My OB doesn't do ultrasounds this early.  I'm 6 weeks. They are having me wait until 9 weeks to get an ultrasound. Is this normal? 
  • @knottie14618de9f2519dc7 I had mine so early in part because my cycles are wildly irregular, so they needed to date gestation, but *tw* I also had a scare this week with very heavy spotting so they were confirming viability *end tw* It's totally common to not have an ultrasound until a good 11 weeks in for nuchal fold measurements 
  • @iscea You have a twin mama pal in here now!

Congratulations @knottiecb8f38bf365b53fc!!!
  • Very common! I don’t get mine until 3/3!!
  • I’m similar. Going at 8w for first one.
  • I don’t go till 3/4. I wanted to go earlier, they wanted to push it a week. I can only go on Fridays with my job so we compromised and I’m going right at the end of 9 weeks
  • @robbinsegg317 fantastic news!! So happy for you and hope this will relieve some anxiety! 💜
  • @robbinsegg317 that is wonderful! 
  • @robbinsegg317 That's awesome! I've been rooting for you!
  • @robbinsegg317 Wonderful news! I’m so glad the ultrasound went well!
  • In the uk we don’t get an ultrasound until 12-13 weeks. It’s such a long wait. I think I may look at a private one around 9 weeks 
  • @sandy5693 sending you all the good thoughts and energy for a great ultrasound today!
  • @robbinsegg317 So excited for you! I hope this is able to ease your anxiety a bit.

@sandy5693 I feel you on that, as I am feeling the same about my upcoming US. All the things crossed for you!
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• hayhay4713hayhay4713 member
    edited February 2022
    I go on the 21st at 7 weeks. I had a blighted ovum in 2011 and then 2 weeks later got pregnant with my son. It’s been 10 years so I’m very nervous and can’t wait to have this first ultrasound.
  • Hey @knottiec335d19870f971ed me too! From what I hear, we're now much more likely to be September moms...!
  • @sandy5693 that’s great news, I’m so happy for you! Do you go back for another ultrasound soon to check for the heartbeat?
  • knottie4829fe87e2f0ab32 that’s wonderful news! Any chance you might be able to change your username? It will make it a lot easier to tag you in replies and remember who folks are with unique usernames instead of the knottie names. 
  • My first US will be on 2/22 at 6w2d. The wait is definitely killing me. I go in for a regularly scheduled pap tomorrow, so I’m hoping they’ll indulge me and check my betas again so I can have some kind of confirmation that things are still going ok. ❤️🤞🏻🙏🏻
  • I did that a while ago and logged back in and out…it hasn’t changed on your end?
  • I have to wait 2 more days for my dating and viability US and im so nervous! On one hand im excited but on the other so scared to hear bad news…how do people do this?!
  • @ricky5-2 it can take awhile to update but looks like it’s fixed now!
  • same …. No major symptoms yet and I think I’m 6 weeks - I’m enjoying the ride so far 
  • I finally got my first US and blood test on Tuesday this week. HCG was about 25,000.  I thought I was 7 weeks but turned out to be about 6+2 at the time. I got to see the heartbeat as well! However, the tech said the first time they counted it was about 120, the second time they think it was 101, but they said it was hard to tell since it’s so small. 

I guess my question is - is that normal for the heartbeat and not being able to tell clearly? 

• @knottieee376626a2bbc6b7 Sounds like things are going great! 101-126bpm is normal for 6 weeks, so sounds like things are right on track. I'll probably measure a little earlier too, since I think I ovulated at CD19.

Also, if you could change your username that would help keep track of you!
  • @knottie376626a2bbc6b7 I had the same thing happen at my first ultrasound at 6w2d and my midwife said it was likely because baby is so small that it can be hard to get a fully accurate read on the heart rate. She offered for me to go back the next week for peace of mind but since she wasn't too worried I'm just waiting until the first trimester screening.
  • Mine is haven't me wait too. I'm 4 weeks 4 days today, found out to days ago. Called today and they said they normally do first appointment around 8 weeks and do an ultrasound.
  • Strange question,  do they make you have a full bladder for these ultrasounds?