October 2022 Moms
Options

Cramping and bleeding

A little worried… I just found out I am pregnant with my second. Still very early on so I haven’t seen my doctor yet, however, when I used the restroom earlier today and wiped there was blood. I experienced this with my first cut now I’m cramping pretty consistently and don’t know what to do. I plan to call the doctor in the morning, but I don’t know if I should be worried.

Re: Cramping and bleeding

• Options
    I was told if the bleeding isn’t filling up pad after pad, you’re probably okay. If you are early (4-5), it can be implantation bleeding/cramps 
  • Options
    I was told if there’s clots or dark blood then it’s something to be concerned about, but if not then you’re probably okay, so long as it’s light bleeding.
    I had implantation bleeding at 6 weeks, it was light and only happened when I wiped. Went away in a day for me. Doctor said it’s very normal to bleed early on. Some women bleed throughout their whole pregnancy. 
    Also, tmi, but if you just had relations or anything that can make you bleed a little too.

The cramping is normal too! I had a lot of cramping until like week 8 and now get cramping every day but not as bad. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry this is happening! I know how stressful it can be. I had the same thing. I am five weeks and I’ve been having pretty consistent tinted CM (brown or pink with white), but I wiped and saw blood at 11DPO and was sure I was out. It was only once and my Obgyn recommended lab tests. So I got my blood drawn Friday and am going back tomorrow am but i have also been testing every day and my line is getting darker. 

Do you have any indication if your HCG is rising? If so then that’s probably a better metric to go by than bleeding. A friend of mine at 8 weeks was bleeding so much she was sure she lost it but she and tadpole are doing totally fine! 
  • Options
    Hi all,

First, I’m sorry you’re going through this. We have a dedicated thread for bleeding (and threatened MC) that would be the right place to post and get support and feedback for any of these symptoms and related questions. As a reminder, the first call should be to your OB or nurse. 

We try to avoid one-off threads, particularly when there is a thread already in place on the topic.