October 2022 Moms

February Symptoms

Re: February Symptoms

• Anyone having crazy dreams? It hasn’t been happening every night but lately my dreams have been very vivid and a little outlandish lol 
  • Naps every day over here. Not so much nausea as burp-y? This is my first. I had a loss last fall. Lots of anxiety coming up. Not sure if that's a symptom or because of just being nervous lol
  • Loading the player...
  • crayolayoginicrayolayogini member
    edited February 2022
    @silverholly8 Good to know night sweats aren't just me! I woke up so gross last night that I had to change pajamas!!
  • @feather234 I have been getting some breast tingles. They're not swollen and sensitive like they were in my first pregnancy, just tingling a little bit. I think of first pregnancies as doing a massive structural overhaul to the breasts, like construction workers laying new plumbing. Haha. And subsequent pregnancies already have the groundwork of ducts and glands for breastfeeding, so they're just doing touch up repairs. I have no idea if this is at all true.
  • edited February 2022
    @crayolayogini I’m in the same boat! I’m so exhausted and while I get tiny waves of nausea here and there, it’s the bloating and burping that is insane right now. I had a chemical pregnancy in July of last year and the anxiety is insane right now…I’m taking tests everyday and watching the line get darker and darker is helping me feel a bit better in waiting for my ultrasound 😊
  • So today I started this fun new thing where I cry at every little thing! Fun times!
  • Nausea hit me like a mack truck today 😩. I'm 5w 5d & prior to today I would only get a little nauseous when I was hungry, along with fatigue and sore boobs. 
  • Anyone suffering from constant headaches & nausea? Third pregnancy & I have never felt this miserable before. 
  • @proudmama15 I'm really struggling with both today. Solidarity. Second pregnancy and I don't remember this either
  • Omg same! I had a CP in October 21 and have been so nervous. I’ve been checking compulsively every morning. Nervous about some colored CM, my doc sent me to the lab to double check that my HCG is progressing but am also feeling positive bc my cheap @home tests are getting darker by the day! Almost as dark as the control line. 
  • @tessiesmom26
    meant to tag you in a previous post but just wanted you to know I’m feeling the same way after my CP in October. Feeling more optimistic though knowing my tests are getting darker. Will feel A LOT better once we’re through this first maddening trimester eek! 
  • I am eating an insane amount. I am 5’3 and 112lbs and eat like a bird but I’ve been eating an insane amount the last few days. Kinda freaking me out how hungry I am when I know you’re not supposed to gain much weight for the baby till later 
  • I cannot hold anything down. 
    nauseous, puke my brains out, cry, calm down then repeat. i’m losing weight and FAST. i’m trying my best to stay hydrated but nothing will stay down no matter how big or small / time of day/ or activity. 
    Definitely call your doctor for diclegis or something similar. Diclegis was the only thing that helped for my first pregnancy. 

You don’t have to just sit there and take that. You can call for options 
  • edited February 2022
    @slowlilg i’ve been feeling the same way since i turned 6 weeks on friday! even waking up with hunger pains around 3am. i’m around your same height and weight and also sharing that concern. obviously listening to my body but it def feels extreme 😳
  • Stomach sleeper here! I’m only 6-7 weeks along but it’s my third. I wake up with a SORE belly sleeping on my tummy. Anyone else? This definitely happened once I was closer to having a bump with my first too. This just seems so early 😅 already uncomfortable and I don’t even have the big bump yet. Yikes 
  • I dealt with terrible heartburn through the majority of my pregnancies with both of my daughters and it has already kicked back in at 5 weeks. This isn’t fair. 
  • I’ve been feeling waves of nausea but also really chilled sometimes?  Like at night I’m either too hot or too cold all night long and then during the day when I got outside my hands go numb in the cold immediately.  Is this a thing?
  • I’ve noticed my heart rate is elevated a bit. It’s worse at night! After doing some reading it’s normal. Still freaks me out a bit. Anyone else experiencing this too? 
  • EmilyE13EmilyE13 member
    edited February 2022
    @kateb31 Yep, that’s normal. I wear a Fitbit and my resting heart rate is at least 3-4 beats higher than normal and has been ever since I tested positive. And just going up stairs quickly will elevate my heart rate like I’m working out. Just some of the joys of increasing blood volume from growing a baby!

ETA words
  • @slowlilg there are different anticipated weight gains for people of different body sizes. It's very common for more petite mamas to gain more in pregnancy, especially if your usual eating habits are "birdlike". You're literally growing an organ that provides for a little human, so you need that extra fuel.
  • @LauraElizabeth85 right?? I feel like i’m eating an insane amount. Even my husband is like bro you good? 
  • Sooo hungry and then mild nausea after I eat. Some mild cramping? Hoping that’s normal. Crazy vivid dreams. FTM so I’m kind of embracing every little symptom :) 
  • I’ve been feeling waves of nausea but also really chilled sometimes?  Like at night I’m either too hot or too cold all night long and then during the day when I got outside my hands go numb in the cold immediately.  Is this a thing?
    I have been freezing lately. Granted it's cold here, but usually I can bundle up and be fine, but it's harder now. My hands are taking so long to warm up and also my neck. DH was laughing at my getting all bundled up after my shower last night.

Also, it would be great if you changed your SN so we could easily recognize and tag you. It's much easier to connect to someone when you can easily recognize a SN. Sometimes you have to log out and back in for it to work, but the directions are in the "read first" thread as well. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @puffdaddyy yup, that cramping, pulling, bloated or swollen, period cramp-like feeling is 100% normal! If it becomes very painful then call your provider. 
  • @tessiesmom26 omg is being cold a pregnancy thing? I've had this too lately when normally I run hot, but I didn't think it was related.
  • @krthouse I didn't know that it was, but I'm thinking it must be! Might have to research this later today.
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @puffdaddyy oh man the vivid dreams! I feel like I don't get any rest while sleeping cause of them! 
  • @reirei84 this week my vivid dreams included that I was going into labor and about to check into the hospital and try to convince my OB to let me labor instead of doing the scheduled c section and then realized that I hadn’t transitioned any of my matters at work so was desperately trying to assign all my work to other people via email before getting admitted. I woke up in a straight PANIC. 
  • lyndafbabyylyndafbabyy member
    edited February 2022
    Just experiencing breast soreness and cant lay on my stomach at all...def dont remember feeling the baby and not being able to lay on my stomach this early in my other pregnancies.
  • Here’s a new one…my right arm goes numb when I sleep on my back. What’s that all about?!
  • Has anyone passed out when pregnant before? I did yesterday at work. I go into the dr next week, just wondering if this can be a normal thing. This 3rd pregnancy has been brutal so far. 
  • So totally embarrassing but yesterday at work I sneezed and even though I was able to cross my legs in time, I peed a little bit. Thanks to my nose being sensitive, it was all I could smell, so I had to sneak out and run home (thankfully I live 2 miles from work) and change before coming back. Now I think I need to have a change of clothes in the car or something. Ugh..  
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 period panties are really good for those minor leak moments to protect your clothes. I do a lot of lifting at my work so I often wear them just in case since having DS.
  • First timer here. I am 5w1d and don't have any symptoms other than being thirsty and mild cramping all day.. I've been experiencing it for 2 days now but no bleeding. Is this normal? I am worried that something might be wrong. Can't see an ultrasound technician for a while either... The anxiety itself is getting to me as i wait to see someone.
  • @al0438 mild cramping is pretty common, it's more when it's painful cramping, especially when paired with heavy spotting or bleeding that's cause for concern.
  • Hi all, so far I’ve only been a little tired. I’m 6 weeks 5 days and I really don’t have any symptoms? I’ve had a doctor confirmed positive but to be completely honest I don’t feel pregnant at all! I’m a very active person so maybe that has something to do with it. Hopefully everything is alright because I feel like I should be having more apparent symptoms by now….
  • @tawester I don’t think there is anything wrong with having no symptoms- I know that the days i am more active I focus less on what’s happening to my body and seemingly have better days. Also on days that are bad I make sure to get up and move because it makes me feel better. 6 weeks is still early. This is my 4th pregnancy and  I normally hit my turning point around 6/7 ish weeks and get progressively sicker (I have really bad ‘morning sickness’ ), so right now I am enjoying still eating all the food and being a normal happy person- your symptoms might catch up to you in the coming weeks so just enjoy what you can . 
  • I've had chills too!
  • Anyone else’s back hurt like you got karate kicked? lol The past two days my mid back hasn’t been my friend.
  • merostomatamerostomata member
    edited February 2022
    Oof-- 7 weeks now, and things have definitely ramped up over the last week. I feel like I'm officially in the trenches of the worst of the first trimester... anyone else at this stage? I was so miserable a couple days ago, then had a good day yesterday, and wrote down what has helped:

- Gas-X and stool softener...a lot
    - Getting a little exercise, preferably outside, as soon as energy allows. For me that's usually the morning, and then I crash in the afternoon
    - Prioritizing sleep and rest
    - Hydration and B6
    - Just going with the food aversions and not forcing it
    - Life distractions, but stepping away from Dr. Google. I tend to obsess about what can go wrong, and it isn't helpful. At this point I know all the basics anyway and am just going over the same information.
    - Doing something for me. Even if that's just more sleep.
    - Attempting to give myself grace for being grouchy and negative...while at the same time practicing gratitude and remembering it will pass
    - Watching movies with my toddler because I'm too tired to play. I feel a little guilty for doing so much screen time, but she loves the movies and it's kind of fun when we're watching and commenting together.