June 2022 Moms

COVID @23/24 weeks pregnant

I tested positive last week for COVID at 23 weeks, now 24 and still have it. I am vaccinated, booster and all, but I'm so worried about my babies placenta and the affects it could have on it, even though my symptoms are so so mild. Has anyone else been through this? Has anyone known of other vaxxed moms getting pregnant and having healthy babies? I have been reading articles and it is scaring me. 

Article specifically here for reference: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/covid-stillbirths-coronavirus-can-severely-damage-placenta-pregnant-wo-rcna15534

Re: COVID @23/24 weeks pregnant

• This article is about unvaccinated moms.  They are not seeing these effects in vaccinated (and boosted) moms.
  • I realize that. I am still concerned, although it is a bit comforting to be vaccinated. My question is regarding others experiences with vaccinated moms who have given healthy births after having COVID while pregnant. It is very scary anyway,  vaccinated or not, since this is still such a new virus and we do not know the long term affects it will have on any of us. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I know many moms who gave birth in 2020 & 2021 both vaccinated and unvaccinated who continued to have healthy pregnancies and babies after recovering from covid. 
  • Thank you so much for letting me know.