October 2022 Moms

**TW** Bleeding/Spotting/Threatened Loss Support Thread

This thread is for support and questions around spotting/bleeding. 🖤

Conversations surrounding these issues can be discussed here freely. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support. The most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers; we can offer support. 🖤

Copied from September BMB.

Me: 34  DH: 34
Married 10/28/17
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1 February '18
Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: **TW** Bleeding/Spotting/Threatened Loss Support Thread

• edited February 2022
    Hi mamas. I’m a mom of 3 and 6w4d today. I started bleeding last night after sex. This is the first pregnancy I’ve ever had sex this early. I’ve never had bleeding before so I’m absolutely terrified. It’s bright red and with what looked like a very small tissue and some tiny clots here and there. I’m not filling up a pad, just wearing a thin liner but there’s blood every time I pee in the toilet and when I wipe. My doctor called me back right away and said he thinks it sounds fine and only go to ER if bleeding a lot and filling up a pad an hour. He’ll be able to see me tomorrow for an ultrasound I just am so scared and anxious waiting. We’ve tried for 3 years for this baby and I’m 37 now and just very worried about higher risks and this is all unknown to me. I would appreciate your prayers and good thoughts ♥️ 

• Oh no! I can’t imagine having to wait until tomorrow! Hang in there and think positive thoughts. I pray everything works out and its fine! 🙏
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry to hear this knottie. I'll be thinking of you. Please also change your username and come back and update it. If you change your SN we will be able to recognize you and it helps people feel more connected and therefore more supportive. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Started getting some concerning bright red spotting today, more than I'm comfortable with so I paged my midwife. She said it could just be a subchorionic hemorrhage, which is common, but just in case she walked me through what to expect if it's a miscarriage and she's booking me a viability and dating ultrasound for this week.

I'm really struggling with the unknown and fortunately didn't have plans today so I'm going to try to just take it easy and hope for the best.
  • @tessiesmom26 I did update my user name before I posted so I’m Unsure why it didn’t show up :( my user name is mamabeara_tarax4
  • Knottie, sometimes logging out and back in helps fix it. Thinking of you and glad you’ll be able to get in tomorrow. Please keep us posted. 

@krthouse I’m sorry you’re going through this! Take it easy and do as much as you can to relax. I know it’s much easier said than done. 
  • @krthouse I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I hope you can get in soon to have some reassurance. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @EmilyE13 @tessiesmom26 Thank you both. I had a big nap and it eased up significantly so I'm feeling a little more hopeful now. Luckily my husband is wfh 90% of the time so I was able to get that downtime and support from him otherwise I'd be full out panicking 
  • @krthouse I’m so glad to hear it! Here’s to hoping for even more reassurance at your appointment later this week. 
  • @mamabeara_tarax4 That’s wonderful news! Thrilled for you. 
  • @mamabeara_tarax4 That's great news! I'm so glad they were able to get you in for some reassurance. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Wonderful news!!! I’m so happy everything worked out!!!
  • Hi all. I am 6w3d today. I have had lots of nausea today and boobs have been sore since like a week after ovulation! But about 20 minutes ago I went to the bathroom to pee and when I wiped there was some brownish red blood that made a pretty decent smear on my toilet paper. I quickly wiped again and same thing. The third time came up with nothing and I have since gone to check two more times and nothing. No cramping and so I’m hoping all is okay. I left a message with the nurses station at my doctors office. If anyone else has had this, I would love some reassurance! Thanks 
  • Thank you! I am glad all is good with you and baby 🤗
  • @teacherchelsea I was very similar last week and it came and went. Spoke to NP and she said as long it doesn’t continue and increase with pain, it’s “normal”.
  • Okay so midwife called with a more detailed follow up. Confirmed it was a small subchorionic hemorrhage. She did also say baby's heart rate was measuring a bit slow, but this early on that's not necessarily indicative of anything concerning because it's so early to even see the heartbeat.
  • I'm 5w4d and had some spotting/bleeding when I went the the bathroom this morning. Called the doctor and she said keep and eye on it. This baby is a happy surprise 3rd for us and this is the first time I've experienced this so I'm cautiously optimistic but it's hard not to worry. 
  • 5w5d - I've had some cramping and light brown spotting nearly every day up- today is heavier cramping immediately accompanied by a small amount of reddish-brown discharge (not enough to fill a pad). The cramping is concerning and this is my first pregnancy so I'm panicking (especially without my usual anxiety meds). Gonna try to get in to the Dr asap tomorrow.  Waiting and "staying calm" are really hard right now.  
  • @cincyboymama88 I hope it subsides soon for you!
    @permasic if you’re worried you can always call your OB’s on call nurse line and see if they think you should be seen. Sorry you’re going through this!
  • UPDATE -  hcg normal, progesterone low - rxd progesterone oral capsule twice a day recheck bw Wednesday. On- call Dr send to think my darker clots were more optimistic than having fresh blood / actual flow.  Doesn't stop the anxiety I have everytime I go pee. 

• The good news you guys are getting is making me feel better. I miscarried in December. Started with some cramping and light bleeding getting darker and it’s happening again. But I feel more symptomatic and i’m a bit farther along this time so i’m hoping it’s just normal. And I did have sex yesterday too so maybe from that? Idk. My doc said she can see me tomorrow morning so i’m really nervous and just praying for my baby to be ok. 
  • @slowlilg I’m glad your doctor is able to see you so soon! I hope everything goes well tomorrow 
  • @bows22 I know i’m so happy she got me in so fast. She’s the best. I’m really hoping for good news. 
  • Wishing you a great appointment tomorrow @slowlilg
  • @slowlilg sending you all the positive vibes for a great appointment. Sex can definitely irritate your cervix. Fingers crossed for you!
  • I really hope it was just the sex. I’m not bleeding a lot but it’s very red and not like spotting. I’m so scared. 😭😭😭😭
  • @slowlilg All the good vibes for a great appt today. I will be thinking about you.
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Dr just called. It's confirmed - the progesterone helped those levels,  but the hcg has started to drop which is pretty confirmatory.  They are going to continue weekly blood draws until that number is 0. 

Wishing you all the best of luck - hang in there ladies, we're made for this.  
  • Bad news ladies. Miscarried. Sorry to leave you all and good luck 
  • I’m so very sorry to hear this, @mrshaller and @slowlilg. Please take care of yourselves and take whatever time you need. Hope you’re back on a future BMB when you’re ready. 
  • @mrshaller @slowlilg  Im so sorry for y'all losses.No matter how early, it's still awful. Take care of yourselves ❤️❤️❤️
  • @mrshaller @slowlilg I’m so sorry to see your updates. Take care of yourselves ❤️
  • @mrshaller @slowlilg i'm so so sorry to hear.  my thoughts are with you <3
  • @mrshaller @slowlilg I am so sorry to hear about your losses. Sending you comfort in the difficult time. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• lgoldsmith20lgoldsmith20 member
    edited February 2022
    I’m 7 weeks tomorrow with first pregnancy. Start having a small amount of pink/brown/reddish when I wipe. Have had the same pregnancy symptoms for a while, acne, sore breasts, back pain, cramps, nausea, etc.

Talked to the nurse and she said if it doesn’t get heavy or have clots it should be okay and fairly normal.

Anyone have this and things be okay?
  • @cincyboymama88 how have things been going? Did the spotting stop?
  • This is my first pregnancy so I’m really in the dark. I found out at 3+2 and I have taken at least one test a day since I found out and they have all been positive (including a digital yesterday). I’m 4+2 today and have noticed that the lines have not gotten much darker at all. Even though there have been very faint lines, they truly haven’t progressed. Is this a chemical pregnancy or is this considered still too early? My OB doesn’t take any first appts until 10 weeks so I still have a ways to go. 
  • @puffdaddyy can you just ask for lab draws to test your HCG levels at 48 hours apart? That doesn’t require a doctor’s appointment.