Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: It's February so let's talk about romance! Where was the riskiest, weirdest, or worst place (or time) you've ever had sex with your husband/SO? Or, have you ever been caught or walked in on during sex and who was it?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 2.7

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16w6d EDD:7/19

FTM/STM/STM+: Third time mom

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an avocado 

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday- check up after having COVID

How are you feeling?: Getting over Covid. I didn’t feel terrible but it’s made me exhausted, just as I was getting my energy back

Rants/Raves: We finally got our big snow last week! Woo hoo!

Questions: none

GTKY: It's February so let's talk about romance! Where was the riskiest, weirdest, or worst place (or time) you've ever had sex with your husband/SO? Or, have you ever been caught or walked in on during sex and who was it?

We’ve not done anything too crazy but I just about got caught before I was with my husband that made me more cautious. An ex and I had driven out to the country and had sex in my car and just as we’d finished up and we’re getting ready to leave, an officer stopped to make sure we were ok. 😳 So after that experience, I was too scared of getting caught. The riskiest my husband and I have done is in the back yard. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm also just recovering from Covid.  I've been so exhausted since then too.  Didn't know if it was just me being lazy and making me more tired.  But its worse than 1st trimester tired. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 25th, 16 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Avocado

Upcoming appointments: Next Monday, family Dr. appt. In the beginning OB and family Dr appts alternate for regular check ups (weight, blood pressure, etc.) and then OB will take over I think around 20 weeks or so

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Most annoying symptom lately is having to pee frequently, so over the nausea and fatigue from last trimester I will take it! Annoying while teaching, but I am lucky to have switched to high school this year so I can actually run to the washroom if I need to for a minute. It was a lot harder with my son when I was in elementary!

Rants/Raves: RAVE - my son has been a TERRIBLE sleeper since birth. Like, whatever stories you have heard about "bad" sleepers we have lived through. We got one of those sun and moon gro clock things, and I thought it would never work in a million years, but he has been sleeping in until almost 7am since we got it!! I am in shock and it is soooooo nice to have a more reasonable amount of sleep. He used to wake up at 5am every day, and also run into our room at random times throughout the night (2am, 3am, etc.) now he is following the "Moon is up so I stay in bed" rule... we will see how long it lasts. I am skeptical, but hopeful! 

Questions: None this week! 

Oh gosh, no exciting stories here. Always nervous of the toddler waking up and coming in, we have a locking doorknob for our bedroom but have not installed it yet so really need to get on that! We still have a baby monitor in his room so we always turn it on so we have a warning if we need to quickly get dressed haha
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/20, 17wks tomorrow! 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out, hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a 🌮

Upcoming appointments: check up next week on 2/15 and hopefully scheduling the AS soon after that.

How are you feeling?: pretty good! I’m still having a little trouble with lightheadedness, it only comes up when I shower in the morning before eating breakfast. Even if I have a little snack before my shower it still makes me feel sick 🤷🏻‍♀️

Rants/Raves: Rave - DD has now gone to daycare all 5 days for 3 weeks in a row! I feel like that’s some kind of record lol. Nothing really to rant about except my impatience for spring to be here and to find out the sex of this baby.

Questions:

When H and I first started dating in our early 20’s we lived 2 hours away from each other and were usually hanging out at friend’s houses on the weekends so we did the deed in some of our friends’ beds and once on a coffee table 😆 Once we moved in together the craziness stopped lol. Never been walked in on, but one time a friend’s cat pulled our used condom out of the trash and put it in the living room for everyone to see. 😳
  • @creativesoul63 OMG the cat did that? That's hilarious!!! 
  • @stardustskies yep, we’ll never live it down 😂
  • @velvetblue88 yay cherries!! I’m pretty sure anything from 18-22 weeks is normal for the anatomy scan. It might just be  scheduling thing that they chose 18 over 20. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16w1d EDD is 7/26 but will likely deliver between 6/28 and 7/5

FTM/STM/STM+: STM + 1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out! We think pink/pink but AS will show for sure in a few weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A couple CDs

Upcoming appointments: Just came back from one - just a midwife check up. Currently 16 weeks measuring at 20 weeks.... no wonder I feel huge! Talked about delivery timing and options prior to the MFM/AS in a few weeks. She also told me to eat a bit more salty foods and drink more Gatorade. I'm extra thirsty and having the extra salt in me to suck up the hydration is important. But salt will need to minimized at some point so like... I'll enjoy my bacon and Gatorade now I guess?

How are you feeling?: I feel okay. Like I said, I feel huge but I'm measuring a month ahead (hashtag twins). Having some pressure and cramps, headaches, I get out of breath very quickly, and get dizzy easily. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: So excited my dog's ACL surgery is next week. I'm ready for her to start healing and using all of her legs again. Rant: Out almost-5-year-old has been a real brat this week both at school and at home. Which is weird because he is usually a good human at one of those places haha. 

Questions: Pretend you're me for a minute. If you had to choose: would you delivery 2 babies at the same time vaginally or would you opt for a C section. They will deliver vaginally if one baby is head down and the other is breech. The thought of a "feet first" baby and what it will do to me on the way our is terrifying haha. 

Oh man, we have always lived together even when we weren't dating so it's not like we had to sneak around. I guess I would say the riskiest was the roof of the first house we live in together! There was a door right out to the slightly pitched roof, and it wrapped around over the porch. We would all tan out there too. We had roommates and neighbors and also.... we were on a roof so not the safest choice. Plus, singles are like sandpaper 😂
  • @jellie603 when they say measuring a month ahead, that's just based on the fundal height right? And not that each baby is measuring a whole month ahead?

As for your question, based on my own desires for birthing this kid and keeping in mind I'm a FTM here, I'd plan first for a vaginal delivery if that's your ideal plan with the backup plan of a C-section (as much as I hate the idea of one). Perhaps as your pregnancy progresses you'll decide nope I want them out ASAP or something comes up that indicates a C-section is safer for the babies. I feel with twins you need to be much more open to changing plans, especially if things go south. Says me who hates sudden changes in plan even if they're out of my control :sweat_smile:

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 My midwife appointment today she only used the doppler and did fundal height. So I am interested to see at the high risk appointment when we have our anatomy scan is the babies are also measuring that far ahead as well. She gave me a goal of making it until 36 weeks though today so, and this is me assuming, that since that is a month from 40 weeks that measuring roughly one month ahead is fine would equate to both fundal height and baby size? But who knows - certainly not me haha! 37 weeks is considered full term for twins though. 

I had my first baby at 40+5 vaginally after an induction and it was smooth. I would probably opt for another vaginal but, like, 2 babies whipping out of there makes me terrified of tearing really badly haha. As someone who also hates sudden changes and cannot handle when things are not in my control, this whole "not knowing when, how, or where I will deliver" thing has me in a constant state of anxiety 😂. My biggest fear is having Baby A vaginally and then trying for Baby B, something going wrong and needing a section for that one - subsequently leaving me having to heal from a vaginal BIRTH and a C Section delivery on top of caring for 2 tiny babies and a 5 year old... 
  • @creativesoul63 I had a friends dog pull my dirty underwear out of my suitcase and put it in the middle of the living room floor. :-P

@jellie603 Oh ghosh thats a hard one. Last time i would have said vaginal because i believed in best case scenarios now with #2 i would opt for C Section because i know everything can go out of control quickly. If you trust your midwife i would lean a lot on her opinion based on your body and the babies.

@sjb2215 yeah for staying team green!! 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/7

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Classic Nintendo controller

Upcoming appointments: 2/17 for anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: Really good most of the time.

Rants/Raves: I definitely popped... cant hide it anymore and definitely packed away my "normal" jeans. Both a rant and a rave :-) Also, ordered the wall decals for the new nursery so i am excited to get that process moving now that i have more energy.

GTKY: One of the worst times was when we were trying to conceive the first time around and it also fell on vacation with our friends and we were staying in a room with only two twin beds and my DH is a big guy. I thought it was hilarious and kept laughing which made things difficult for DH and he was pretty annoyed. 
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • @jellie603 I wonder how common it is to have 1 baby vaginally and the other via C-section. That would certainly be tough healing from both!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @rosegoldg omg WTF mother in law?! Don't grab someone's belly. My MIL also has a habit of saying the wrong thing, or more like whatever she is thinking, she says aloud. When we told her we were pregnant she said "oh, I thought you were" and then when we shared the baby's sex she was like, "oh, I'm surprised!". Umm there is a 50/50 chance so you couldn't have known! How about just say, "congrats! I'm happy for you!" In these situations? 🙄
  • @jellie603 - That's such a hard question. I've been grappling with the same decision (albeit with just one baby). With DD I needed to have an induction for medical reasons and it did not go well and I ended up with a c-section 51 hours later. I cannot decide whether I will attempt a v-bac or if I will have a repeat c this time around, although I am leaning towards a repeat c. I know that recovery, I can have childcare planned in advance for DD, and there will be no unknowns (what if this happens, what if that happens, etc.). I've been doing some research into both options and nothing is swaying me strongly in one direction or another. I've talked to a few moms who have had both vaginal and c-section births and all of them have said their planned c-section was the best experience and recovery of all of them. 
  • @feather_heather Oh man, I'm sorry your induction did not go smoothly. I have no experience with v-bac deliveries but have heard women who try and are successful have great experiences! But I'm with you - I want to know something for certain and be familiar with the process and the recovery expectations. I feel like all I have done is research and I am still so undecided. I think that in a perfect world, I will have a choice come 36 weeks. If both babies are head down I will go for vaginal. If even one is breech or transverse, I will just go ahead with the C.
    @inthewoods23 it is not overly common but in the moms of multiples group I joined, there are a good amount that have experienced that!
  • @inthewoods23 definitely a family style bathroom, locked door, no stalls haha. That would be really adventurous!
  • @sjb2215 I’ve been living under a rock and had no idea there was an uncharted movie coming out!! We love the games too! So much so that Elena was on our list for girls names! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 24/16wsomething. 

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: dill pickle

Upcoming appointments: anatomy in early March 

How are you feeling?: pretty good! Indigestion comes mostly at night but it’s manageable. I feel like I’m gonna start needing massages soon. 

Rants/Raves: my H and I were in Hawaii for 8 days!! It was amazing! We missed the kids though so we are glad to be back. It was our first solo trip without the kids so it was a big deal. 

Questions:

GTKY: It's February so let's talk about romance! Where was the riskiest, weirdest, or worst place (or time) you've ever had sex with your husband/SO? Or, have you ever been caught or walked in on during sex and who was it? I don’t think we do anything like this lol. Worst place has been the shower. We are around the same height and nothing to prop our legs or anything on so it just never quite works. It’s fun to at least start there though. 
  • July 22, 16 +6 

FTM! 

Team Pink 🎀

According to babylist she’s the size of a taco or a grande iced coffee, I prefer the iced coffee lol

Upcoming appointments: OB appt next week for some lab work! My MD does a quick ultrasound every appt instead of a Doppler and I am SO excited to see her again

How are you feeling?: feeing exhausted, like in bed every night between 7/7:30 exhausted. Also get a little antsy between appts because I can’t feel her move yet and I’m ready for the reassurance of seeing my little alien growing!

Rants/Raves: slept on my pregnancy pillow wrong (should have kept my real head pillow in place) and now I’m not day 2 of not being able to love my neck! Love the pillow for everything else it does.. but apparently is NOT meant for my head.

Questions:

GTKY: definitely had some very close calls in my younger and wilder days so my husband and I tend to keep it pretty PG-13! I think our kitchen is the best I can do on this one haha
  • @feather_heather i had a similar induction experience, but mine was also confounded by having a gallbladder attack amidst it all,  From what I've read, Safety wise the most safe after 1 csection (horizontal incision) is a VBAC, next safest is scheduled c-section, and 3rd is a failed vbac needing a c-section. there are some things to talk through with your doc on your specific past experience, what lead to c-section, and specifics about this pregnancy to take into account.  it's a tough call and i'm there with you.  I will say i agree with som eothers - when i've talked to other friends who had an unplanned CS and then a scheduled one, they said the scheduled one was MUCH easier recovery and much smoother.  My understanding also is that 3 CS is the recommended max in MOST cases for safety reasons
  • @runnergirl2018 - Oh man I couldn't imagine the pain of a gallbladder attack on top of contractions! I would like a max of 3 kids, but DH says he wants more than that, so I guess him and I need to have a serious conversation about it - although my OB already said they're okay with more than 3 c-sections. I needed an induction because I was on blood thinners for a blood clot in my heart - I was induced at 39 weeks and after 51 hours - including a foley balloon, over the maximum pitocin dose allowed, manually breaking my waters, and an epidural after 30 hours in (gave in because I thought maybe it would help me relax and progress)... I only made it to 3 cm. My body just did not cooperate. So I have MAJOR concerns about ending up with a failed vbac needing a c again. 
  • @feather_heather oof that sounds rough! and with all that it probably makes sense to have another CS.
    I did an elective induction at 39 weeks because the OBs kept insisting that i was going to have a super giant baby and decided that this was the best option to try to reduce c-section risk.  except the OB on call when i was fully dilated was NOT on board with the plan and kept telling me that if i tried to deliver vaginally that my kid would get his shoulder stuck and get shoulder dystocia and never have use of his arm again. Which is JUST what you should tell a pregnant lady at 3am after being in labor for 36 hours who has also been having a gallbladder attack the whole time. I'm pretty sure i didn't actually need one (or at least not in the timing she pushed, i felt like she was going to find any reason to do a CS) so i'm a little more mixed on what the right call is for this one. I think i'll have a better sense as things get further along and my current OB office admin never requested my last records so i just did that myself today after meeting with my OB yesterday, as he wants to look at the surgical report. Also  my baby squeaked out at barely 8lbs, which isn't a tiny baby, but certainly isn't a giant baby either  :p
  • @runnergirl2018 If it helps at all, I’ve had two vaginal birth babies who were both 8 pounds and I didn’t even tear on either. I’m not a large person either, I’m actually pretty small. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @tuxielove93 did you do anything preventative to decrease the risk of tearing? My first was 7lbs and change and I had a small tear with like 1 or 2 stitches. Butttttt I was induced and pushed for 2 hours with an epidural so that might be the issue 
  • stardustskiesstardustskies member
    edited February 2022
    @jellie603 I guess it really just depends. My son was 9lbs4oz and I only had a small tear which the doctor said didn't even need repaired. It wasn't an incredibly long labor, maybe like 24 hours or so from the time they started the pitocin (and also had an epidural). But I feel like his head kept playing peek a boo so maybe that helped stretch it out and not tear lol. Sorry if that sounds gross.
  • @tuxielove93 thanks. I think the only thing that will lean me into repeat CS would be if the doc has a really good reason for it or if my medical status changes or like how things are progressing close to my due date. Since I had a past CS I’m not allowed to be induced anymore due to a very slight increase in that causing uterine rupture. The past OBS thought my first kiddo was going to be like 10lbs or something (also which people deliver vaginally) I’m thankful I’m at an office now just with 2 OBS so I can make sure we all agree on a plan!
  • tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
    edited February 2022
    @jellie603 nope. But I didn’t have an epidural, and I pushed when I wanted to and how I wanted to and followed my own body. I ignored the doctors. The first one I think was trying to coach me a little, the second one I honestly don’t remember. I wasn’t paying much attention to anyone but myself and my husband. 

Oh and I would personally always try for the vaginal birth. Obviously with twins there’s more complication going on. But vaginal births have a lot of positives if you can
    safely do it. And breech birth is definitely possible, especially with a midwife/doctor who knows what she is doing. 
    and maybe I’m way off base but once one baby comes out wouldn’t the other one slide out fairly easily?  …. It makes me think of the placenta which according to my husband just slops out because everything is already stretched. Idk that’s all I can picture. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @stardustskies not gross haha! Your labor sounds very, very similar to mine - 24 hours, pitocin - all that. Though yours was a much bigger baby!

@tuxielove93 I feel like I would probably choose a V delivery over a C as well. I don't really want to heal from a C. I mean hands down would choose that with a singleton, twins like you said complicates things more. I'm just so terrified of needing and emergency C and having to recover from both. What I am told is as long as Baby A is head down and Baby B is not transverse, I can try for a CS. The thought of head down & breech terrifies me though haha. I feel like there is probably some validity to the "sliding and slopping" of that second baby 😂 but it will be at least a handful of minute before it makes it's way so I guess there is that to think about too.