May 2022 Moms
Options

Monday B*tchfest - 2/7

Re: Monday B*tchfest - 2/7

• Options
    It rained here for like 2 days last week and has been too cold to dry it out, so my backyard is like a muddy slop fest. No matter how many fucking towels I leave by the doors inside or outside, my dogs just keep tracking it all in, and if I have to swiffer or mop one more time, I might go nuts!! And let’s not even get into the part about how winded I get now while mopping… 🤬

• Options
    I’ve gotten noooo sleeep. I woke up with a Charlie horse in my calf TWICE throughout the night, so bad I could have cried! I did opt out of my water for sweet test and Dr. Pepper yesterday so maybe I shouldn’t have? I chugged a whole bottle of water last night after the first Charlie hours and then got up in two hour increments to pee. The water gave me heartburn, of course? Because that’s life now, so I still didn’t get back to sleep. Here’s waiting for 3:30 so I can go home and hopefully take a nap 😅
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug omg I feel this in my soul lol. We have an erosion issue in our backyard that’s causing the dirt on top of our septic pump to wash out, leaving this huge mud pit about 10 feet from our back door. Of course our dog loves to play right there, and we have dark floors and red clay. Which results in not only foot prints but freaking skid marks from where he hits the inside flooring at a full sprint and skids for a foot before taking off. 

On a related note, my BF is for the contractor who came out to give us a quote on fixing the grading in the backyard and on building an addition (We’re in a 4 bedroom and my oldest 2 share a room, while DH has the 4th bedroom as an office. LO will eventually take over that and DH’s job is 100% remote so he needs a place to work once he loses that). He told us that it would take about 2 weeks to get a quote…it’s been 3 and nothing. And I can’t get DH to reach back out to him. I’m about to back DH’s phone to get the contact info because good grief I just want my quote! 
  • Options
    Ughh @skc040512 that’s frustrating!! Hopefully they get back to you this week!! @sph97 I gave t had the leg cramps this time around… yet. Had them baaad with DS and not looking forward to it!!! 

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug Maybe you won't this time! Fingers crossed that you don't! This was my first experience with leg cramps so far, so maybe I can just make sure I'm drinking more water to prevent them.
  • Options
    @sph97 try having a banana in the evenings too. The potassium can help!

@skc040512 I feel this. I have been waiting on a quote edit for over 2 weeks that I had been told I’d have the next day. Followed up twice and got the “we’re just super busy. I’ll get you something tomorrow”. Well, “tomorrow” has come and gone. Over 10 times…
  • Options
    @sph97 water is good for cramps, but it's also important to make sure your electrolytes are balanced. Potassium deficiency is a known cause of muscle cramps, which is why bananas are always recommended! Personally I can't stand bananas so I do coconut water and/or a tiny pinch of salt (probably no potassium, but still beneficial) in my water. 
  • Options
    Ok I'll add my own BF. 

*#$&#ing taxes, man. I did ours over the weekend and we're all very salty over here. DH and I cannot seem to get our withholdings optimized and we owe a ton every year. We tried the IRS online tool and it said we should be getting a decent sized refund based on the info we provided 🙄  but I think DH upped his withholdings middle of last year so maybe it will be right for this year. Don't want to make any changes especially since #2 is on the way, but I also don't want another big check to the IRS next year. Gah. Why can't they just tell us how much we owe instead of making us guess???
  • Options
    Thanks girls! I have body armors, I might try drinking those throughout the day too! 
  • Options
    @sph97 also try a magnesium based lotion on your legs since magnesium deficiency also can less to bad muscle cramps, especially in pregnancy. I use Good Night Lotion from Earthly (can get it on Amazon) and it has worked WONDERS for my leg cramps and RLS
  • Options
    The struggle is real today. I tried melatonin for the first time last night- last thing on my list to try from the OB- and I slept like crap. I’m so tired of sleeping like crap. I never sleep well but it has been especially pronounced during this pregnancy and I feel like I’m never going to have energy again 😑
  • Options
    Ok I'll add my own BF. 

*#$&#ing taxes, man. 
    THISSSSS. DH said he got a notification about how to enter that child tax credit stuff for the filing this year, only we’ve never even received it. I remember vaguely last year when the notices came telling about the eligibility and blah blah, but they are telling him to make sure he claims it and we never got it, so now he’s got to figure that out. Our CPA passed away last year and I just haven’t had the heart to find a replacement for him yet but probably need to soon. 

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug ugh that's frustrating. I think the default was to send out checks to everyone... because we didn't want them (would rather owe less on taxes than have the monthly checks upfront) and looked into getting that stopped and it was a HUGE pain to do that so we just said ugh, fine, we'll just cash them monthly. Anyway, I think you can probably look it up online if you received or supposed to receive them?
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams I feel this! And we tried the same thing with the child tax credit and gave up.  Why is it so hard? You shouldn't need to be a tax attorney to plan for taxes every dang year!   

@MrsLaLaBug We got a letter from the IRS last week about the child tax credit and filing taxes.  Maybe you you'll get one soon?

I'll join @annashaf and @skc040512 with contractor frustrations.  We are having work done to our kitchen and were hoping they could start early January.  Thanks to COVID, everything is delayed, which is understandable but the contractors are super non-responsive and I have no idea when they think they'll be able to start now.  At this point, I just want reassurance they haven't bailed on us. 
  • Options
    and yet another BF… sellers who aren’t honest up front can go F*CK themselves. Such a waste of time!!!!! Ughhhhh 🤬🤬🤬

• Options
    Just got a call from my OB that my iron levels are anemic category low. Whomp whomp. I suppose it’s time to find a new supplement but they all make me barf 🙄 maybe I should just go back to cooking everything in cast iron 
  • Options
    @skc040512 boooo 😫

• Options
    @skc040512 Have you heard of the Lucky Iron Fish? I just heard about it the other day but it looks like it essentially does the same as cooking with cast iron but seems more convenient. 
  • Options
    Family members who back out of LO birthday party last minute and they were already included in the headcount for food (leftovers for days).
  • Options
    @tango_612 I have seen it before! I thought about getting it but tbh I love cooking in cast iron because there’s so little clean up 😂 I may look into it still for dishes that just don’t go over well in the skillet though!
  • Options
    Holy wow just got the quote back from our contractor about our office addition. 50% higher than what we budgeted for (and DH was using current projections for pricing…but costs have apparently gone up 45% since last summer). It would literally work out to $485/sq ft for this addition and that makes my head want to explode. Now, if I could sell my house for that and walk away with the $1mil we’d make, then we’d be talking lol