1st Trimester
Options

Fresh Blood with a small Subchorionic Hemorrhage

Ok I’m 7 weeks & 5 days pregnant. I experienced dark blood spotting for 8 days & then a gush. I went to the ER & did a follow up with a doctor a few days later after finding out I have a small subchorionic hemorrhage. My doctor said it’s common & to continue with my daily activities. I took a few days off work & went back today (I work in a bar so I’m on my feet for at least an entire 8 hour shift running around). Well just now my blood is no longer dark, it’s more of a fresh blood red color. I’m freaking out because I thought I might be almost in the clear because it’s been almost 2 weeks of bleeding & now I’m worried it’s gotten worse. Has anyone else experienced this? Can someone offer advice if so? Thank you!

Re: Fresh Blood with a small Subchorionic Hemorrhage

• Options
    I experienced this with my first pregnancy. Yes these are SUPER common and in twin pregnancies they’re basically a given. 

My doctor described it as “bubble in her wallpaper” essentially a little pocket of blood gets trapped between the uterus and the sac sometimes. Some blood is reabsorbed but the rest has to go somewhere! So it comes out. Terrifying? Yes. Harmful? Nope! Unless you’ve been restricted, just keep goin mama. I have a healthy beautiful almost 4 year old. I think I bled for a week or two, very little mostly spotting. It was always disheartening when I saw it but she was okay! 
  • Options
    Yup super normal with a SCH. I had one with my last pregnancy. Bled period like blood for two weeks and that was considered a very small SCH. Bright red blood is normal. Don't overexert yourself.